Sport you have no interest in whatsoever

Started by seafoid, March 15, 2016, 02:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: BennyCake on March 16, 2016, 11:18:45 AM
Not big fans of baseball or basketball, but at least it's sorta straightforward and you know what's going on.

But with rugby, it's a brutal spectacle with stupid rules... who the hell dreamt up that shite? Backwards to go forwards, one of the aims is to kick the ball out of play...wtf? A set of posts, but you can score in the corner. That's the stupidest bit. That's like having in snooker, you can earn points by potting balls into the pocket, but you can also earn points by hitting your opponent over the head with your cue.

This might make it slightly more watchable, seeing someone nail Ronnie while he turns down another 147.  ;)

deiseach

Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2016, 11:20:42 AM
Not big fans of baseball or basketball, but at least it's sorta straightforward and you know what's going on.

But with rugby, it's a brutal spectacle with stupid rules... who the hell dreamt up that shite? Backwards to go forwards, one of the aims is to kick the ball out of play...wtf? A set of posts, but you can score in the corner. That's the stupidest bit. That's like having in snooker, you can earn points by potting balls into the pocket, but you can also earn points by hitting your opponent over the head with your cue.

This might make it slightly more watchable, seeing someone nail Ronnie while he turns down another 147.  ;)

Poor Ronnie is constantly complaining about being bored with the game. That might fire up the Rocket!

BennyCake

Quote from: NAG1 on March 16, 2016, 11:20:42 AM

That's my idea. I just hope Barry Hearn doesn't frequent GAABoard.

muppet

Quote from: Declan on March 16, 2016, 11:02:50 AM
Their parents probably consider it worth the fee if they learn the correct perfect conditional tense of the verb "go".

The grammar police strike again - good man Hardy  :) :)

If Frozen was written in Ireland, Elsa would be singing 'Let it went'.
MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Ha ha, get on to Barry Hearn, would defo improve viewership numbers.

themac_23

THIS i seen it on one day and the player kicked the ball out of play and his team got possession.... hows that even possible! oh and how the ref seems to point the opposite direction giving frees etc... brutal game!

Forgot about UFC, awful sport, unlike boxing which has structure UFC is just go in guns blazing and hope you get the guy on the ground and keep punching him, not for me.

rosnarun

Quote from: muppet on March 16, 2016, 12:19:10 PM
Their parents probably consider it worth the fee if they learn the correct perfect conditional tense of the verb "go".

soccer and Grammar policing would be my least favorites but of  them just seem to attract arseholes
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mikehunt

Quote from: Hardy on March 16, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on March 16, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 16, 2016, 09:09:51 AM

On an aside I love how people slag off rugby for being posh.

Most of the Irish rugby players would have went to fee paying schools

Do misplaced apostrophe's annoy you?

Billys Boots

Quote from: mikehunt on March 16, 2016, 12:38:56 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 16, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on March 16, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 16, 2016, 09:09:51 AM

On an aside I love how people slag off rugby for being posh.

Most of the Irish rugby players would have went to fee paying schools

Do misplaced apostrophe's annoy you?

I think it's the users of them that irritate him, to be fair. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lurganblue

seafoid

Do you also have 5 year old?

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on March 16, 2016, 01:58:07 PM

Do you also have 5 year old?

Frozen was a big hit in our house.
Along with Toy Story, Shrek, Cars etc. etc.
MWWSI 2017

tonto1888

Quote from: themac_23 on March 16, 2016, 12:23:09 PM

THIS i seen it on one day and the player kicked the ball out of play and his team got possession.... hows that even possible! oh and how the ref seems to point the opposite direction giving frees etc... brutal game!

Forgot about UFC, awful sport, unlike boxing which has structure UFC is just go in guns blazing and hope you get the guy on the ground and keep punching him, not for me.

poor description of UFC I think. As for rugby, that would have been a penalty if he kicked it out and got possession. Anyway, League is a much better sport that union.

Sports Ive no interest in
horse racing
lawn bowls
F1 to name a couple

laoislad

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 16, 2016, 02:42:40 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on March 16, 2016, 12:23:09 PM

poor description of UFC I think. As for rugby, that would have been a penalty if he kicked it out and got possession. Anyway, League is a much better sport that union.

Sports Ive no interest in
horse racing
lawn bowls
F1 to name a couple
You named 3.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.