Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: The PRO on August 23, 2019, 02:59:44 PM
Annanough generally don't lose to Portlaoise's second team. They just might edge that one.
Can't see The Rock troubling Clonaslee in the other game.

Not too sure that's true, well in recent times. I can remember Portlaoise hammered them in a league final a few years back. They were comfortable winners tonight as well, but I think Portlaoise are the weakest of the 4 left. Clonaslee look like they've improved.

les Antiques

Clonaslee v Rosenallis final I think  . Clonaslee seem to be hitting form in a big way . Very strong down the middle with the likes of Darren Hogan rolling back the years .

The PRO

If Portlaoise win the intermediate football, would the losers of The Heath v Crettyard be spared from relegation? I'm thinking they would....

SCFC

Quote from: The PRO on September 10, 2019, 10:18:23 AM
If Portlaoise win the intermediate football, would the losers of The Heath v Crettyard be spared from relegation? I'm thinking they would....
I believe Portlaoise can opt to enter a second team in the senior championship if they win the intermediate. But they can also opt to stay down in which case the relegated team is saved.

Tintin84

What's everyone's thought for semi-finals this weekend??

The PRO

Quote from: Tintin84 on September 11, 2019, 02:29:03 PM
What's everyone's thought for semi-finals this weekend??
Two very hard games to call really. You never know with Portlaoise intermediates what sort of team they'll have. Mountmellick might scrape over Clonaslee in the other one but you wouldn't be putting the house on either game.

Tintin84

Both games should be close, Rosenallis vs Portlaoise not on until Monday night in O'Moore Park, Maybe Portlaoise might use 1 or 2 of their intermediate team on Sunday afternoon in the senior.

Clonaslee vs Mountmellick think Mountmellick might have a bit much for Clonaslee in this game but on the other hand, you can never write off Clonaslee.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Mountmellick lose to Clonaslee and are out of Intermediate. Very poor result for them, Laois could do with a strong Mountmellick team given the size of the area.

Don Draper

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on September 13, 2019, 09:26:54 PM
Mountmellick lose to Clonaslee and are out of Intermediate. Very poor result for them, Laois could do with a strong Mountmellick team given the size of the area.
Their ultra defensive game plan was hard to stomach.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on September 14, 2019, 08:07:57 AM
Mountmellick or Clonaslee's? Wasnt at it..

Neutralobserver

agree, terrible result and no prospect of an intercounty player for such a large town in a small county

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on September 14, 2019, 08:44:59 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on September 14, 2019, 08:07:57 AM
Mountmellick or Clonaslee's? Wasnt at it..
Mountmellick

Silkyskillssunshinee

That's some score Rosenallis put up tonight. Sets up a very tasty clash between them and Clonaslee.

Rosenallis in particular have a couple of players worthy of a look in with Laois. Hopefully they go in to the Divisional competition.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Looking forward to the final later. I'd imagine there's no love lost between these two. Not sure what the situation is with Eoin Dunne from Rosenallis, but if hes not fit to play then you'd have to tip your hat to Clonaslee here. They need to make sure fifteen stay on the pitch though!

les Antiques

😂😂 😥what a last 15 mins  ,not sure whether to laugh or cry . Some of the antics on and off the pitch bewildering.