Kildare v Longford LSFC - 26th May 2016 Tullamore

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 13, 2019, 01:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Ok - Leinster championship beginning to bubble up nicely ........LOL

I was away last weekend so I missed things but it seems Kildare struggled to beat Wicklow.

We are fighting light with missing/suspended players so I cannot see us pulling off a win here.

But............you never know. If we win then it's Nowhere this year for Kildare, as opposed to Newbridge. We cuda/shuda won the Qualifier last year but we simply ran out of petheral.

seafoid

Kildare engaging in psy ops to confuse the Larries yesterday, obviously.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 13, 2019, 01:25:21 PM
We are fighting light with missing/suspended players so I cannot see us pulling off a win here.

Ditto.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

The Insider

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 13, 2019, 01:25:21 PM
Ok - Leinster championship beginning to bubble up nicely ........LOL
Since they met in the championship last year, Longford have lost Sean Mc Cormack, Barry Gilleran, Diarmuid Masterson , Peter Foy all retired. Darren Gallagher, Rian Brady and Dessie Reynolds travelling and exams. Connor Berry struggled with injury and taking a break. Shane Donohoe on UN duty and Robbie Smyth also absent. Pádraig Mc Cormack is only returning from injury and at present Donie Mc Elliott is suspended. Darragh Doherty having started 5 league games also out at present injured.. So possibly 11 who played in the qualifiers last year out.. Would have Kildare as hot favourites for this one

I was away last weekend so I missed things but it seems Kildare struggled to beat Wicklow.

But............you never know. If we win then it's Nowhere this year for Kildare, as opposed to Newbridge. We cuda/shuda won the Qualifier last year but we simply ran out of petheral.

Dinny Breen

Longford just need to show the right attitude regardless of who's playing. Kildare are akin to Man United, rudderless. I have time for Cian O'Neill but he's there 1 year too long. Depressing scenario Kildare find themselves in.
#newbridgeornowhere

Shamrock Shore

We'll both play down each other's chances Dinny. Makes sense the mood we're in.

Shur who knows...........amongst the caoining a good game of football might break out.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 15, 2019, 11:02:34 AM
Longford just need to show the right attitude regardless of who's playing. Kildare are akin to Man United, rudderless. I have time for Cian O'Neill but he's there 1 year too long. Depressing scenario Kildare find themselves in.

If Kildare have first choice defenders as bad as Jones,Smalling and Young i'd give Longford a real chance of winning.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2019, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 15, 2019, 11:02:34 AM

If Kildare have first choice defenders as bad as Jones,Smalling and Young i'd give Longford a real chance of winning.

Worse we have defenders who don't know how to defend 1:1.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 15, 2019, 03:13:29 PM
We'll both play down each other's chances Dinny. Makes sense the mood we're in.

Shur who knows...........amongst the caoining a good game of football might break out.

Possibly, I enjoyed the qualifier last year, even had a father of two of the Longford players have a pop at me for daring to celebrate the Kildare goal in front of him  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Go home ref

If longford are in any way right they'll beat our rabble

Shamrock Shore

Don't think I was at this one - maybe I was. I cannot recall.

Final score was Kildare 3-09 Longford 2-09.

(sorry about the size of the team sheet - I robbed from Twitter)

I am beginning to feel confident!

Shamrock Shore

Just realise who Kildare had as centre and full forward  ::)

The Insider

Our own centre forward was no slouch either . Team released earlier today in  a break of the traditional keeping of team under wraps. Still a decent outfit when you consider how many gone from last years championship panel. Mood in the camp is good . Happy that the game is in Tullamore and not Portlaoise , a ground that all Longford teams struggle in .

LilySavage

Shamrock Shore

Any point winning tomorrow?

Dublin would eat the pick of the two sides  :-[