The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Greatest win ever, fair play.

gallsman

Better team from beginning to end. There was no NZ surge after 60 mins or anything.

From the Bunker

The Irish fans in the Aviva Cheering an Irish Protestant man!

Great to see!

Main Street

Fair fcks to that rugby team, a magnificent display. Some of those supporters were remarkable in that they could hop up and down like yoyos and not spill a drop of drink.

GJL

Great result and fantastic atmosphere. The soccer powers that be should take note.

thejuice

Been watching Irish rugby since the late 80's and after year after year of wooden spoons, moral victory after moral victory, to think we could be beating the all blacks quite confidently is something that I find hard to believe at times. Some achievement and no reason why we now shouldn't be seen as real World Cup contenders.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

To beat a Country that eats, sleeps and thinks Rugby is a huge achievement. Especially when you look at how much of a minority sport Rugby is on this Island.

Does not even make the list below

Capt Pat

grounded

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 17, 2018, 08:44:29 PM
Worryingly a lot of Irish experience has left the field for the crunch period of the game.

I think that's the difference with this Ireland team now. Strength in depth even with our big injury list.

All blacks didn't play well because we didn't let them!

yellowcard

O'Mahoney got motm. Bruising encounter Ireland are now no1 contenders to take the All Blacks World Cup crown away from them next year.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on November 17, 2018, 09:42:58 PM
O'Mahoney got motm. Bruising encounter Ireland are now no1 contenders to take the All Blacks World Cup crown away from them next year.

The important word there is now. A lot can change in 6 months. Important to remain grounded.

mrdeeds

Quote from: GJL on November 17, 2018, 09:11:02 PM
Great result and fantastic atmosphere. The soccer powers that be should take note.

What could soccer learn? Get elite South African and Kiwi players to become Irish players after a few years residency in order to compete at a game that only a handful of countries are good at as opposed to the most popular sport worldwide? I actually enjoy rugby but find it hard how soccer can learn from it.

Syferus

Why is it even in the most positive of situations there's some tïts who think they're smart enough to do an end-around on logic and play the cardboard cutout contrarian? The usual crap here.

tiempo

Quote from: Syferus on November 17, 2018, 09:54:47 PM
Why is it even in the most positive of situations there's some tïts who think they're smart enough to do an end-around on logic and play the cardboard cutout contrarian? The usual crap here.

What part of what he/she said is wrong? Christ you have an epic superiority complex, goes hand in hand with the one dimensional quisling tribute gig i suppose.

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on November 17, 2018, 09:54:47 PM
Finally, you have come out Sy and have been frank with your chronic shortcomings. Is it the 10 step program? regardless, I wish you well on your journey.