Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Sounds like your point is that you can stereotype an entire demographic, vilify them and call them names because you cant do what you like.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 06, 2020, 10:43:40 PM
Sounds like your point is that you can stereotype an entire demographic, vilify them and call them names because you cant do what you like.

Which sounds like every comment sanctimonious drivers make about cyclists.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 06, 2020, 11:03:01 PM

and yet there's you doing it about drivers

Eamonnca1

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 06, 2020, 11:07:52 PM

Well if you can't take it, don't give it.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 06, 2020, 09:13:17 PM
Bundle of hypocrites, the whole bloody lot of ya.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 06, 2020, 11:32:35 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 06, 2020, 11:07:52 PM

Well if you can't take it, don't give it.

What was that you were saying about hypocrites?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JoG2

No garda or police about this morning when I entered Muff. I headed up Grainne's Gap then. There's a couple of big hills just north of the gap, the peaks being extremely hard, so it was a slow enough pull up those but it's all down hill then to Cockhill. 15kmh average speed over very hilly terrain , so a satisfying enough 2hr ride. Really nice start to the day tbh

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on May 07, 2020, 09:15:52 AM
No garda or police about this morning when I entered Muff. I headed up Grainne's Gap thenThere's a couple of big hills just north of the gap, the peaks being extremely hard, so it was a slow enough pull up those but it's all down hill then to Cockhill. 15kmh average speed over very hilly terrain , so a satisfying enough 2hr ride. Really nice start to the day tbh

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

No garda or police about this morning when I entered Muff. I headed up Grainne's Gap then. There's a couple of big hills just north of the gap, the peaks being extremely hard, so it was a slow enough pull up those but it's all down hill then to Cockhill. 15kmh average speed over very hilly terrain , so a satisfying enough 2hr ride. Really nice start to the day tbh

Sounds exhausting, I'd have rolled over after entering Muff.

You know entering Muff is reckless, I'm surprised one poster hasn't tried to identify you and report you for entering another town on the island of Ireland!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Was thinking of getting a new bike and a child seat to get out and about with the kids a bit during lock-down. I assume a Hybrid is the way to go but would welcome any recommendations either for a bike or the child seat!

BenDover

Quote from: LeoMc on May 13, 2020, 04:19:59 PM
Was thinking of getting a new bike and a child seat to get out and about with the kids a bit during lock-down. I assume a Hybrid is the way to go but would welcome any recommendations either for a bike or the child seat!
I have this cyclocross bike a year now https://www.halfords.com/bikes/adventure-bikes/voodoo-limba-mens-adventure-bike---52-54.5-57cm-frames-445554.html. Got this purely for the same reason as you, wanted something I could put a seat on/off easily enough. Works well with this seat https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/child-bike-seats/polisport-bubbly-mini-head-tube-109838.html. My youngest just turned 4 and it's no bother scooting around with him on the back.

Without the seat, I've had the bike out on the road and off road.

LeoMc

Quote from: BenDover on May 14, 2020, 08:22:26 AM
I have this cyclocross bike a year now https://www.halfords.com/bikes/adventure-bikes/voodoo-limba-mens-adventure-bike---52-54.5-57cm-frames-445554.html. Got this purely for the same reason as you, wanted something I could put a seat on/off easily enough. Works well with this seat https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/child-bike-seats/polisport-bubbly-mini-head-tube-109838.html. My youngest just turned 4 and it's no bother scooting around with him on the back.

Without the seat, I've had the bike out on the road and off road.
Cheers, however with the road bike handle bars it may look to similar to my current road bike which will lead to questions as to why I bought it. That is why I was thinking something that looked more like a mtb. AnywayHalfords are  currently quoting end of June

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2020, 09:32:18 AM

Sounds exhausting, I'd have rolled over after entering Muff.

You know entering Muff is reckless, I'm surprised one poster hasn't tried to identify you and report you for entering another town on the island of Ireland!
Hypocrite, you're the censorious lockdown fanatic along with a few others here,  but when it came to Nordies doing non-essential cross border journeys where they couldn't be nabbed by the Garda Siochana, you all were suitably outraged in true self entitled Nordie fashion that anybody should highlight that anti social behaviour.

Me, I'm more chilled out, I'm no lockdown fanatic,  I'd be partial to entering Muff should she be willing, but I'd do a bipass around Cockhill. 

Eamonnca1

We use one of these so the little one can sit up front where we can keep an eye on her and where she can see everything. They're very common in Holland, apparently:

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/ibert-safe-t-seat-baby-seat.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2PP1BRCiARIsAEqv-pQqy-HD_qEwDY1xn7Xqmku8U81S-AeBpFXYJch-TwxeE8SZyy0TONoaAgYPEALw_wcB

LeoMc

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 15, 2020, 01:35:08 AM

We use one of these so the little one can sit up front where we can keep an eye on her and where she can see everything. They're very common in Holland, apparently:

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/ibert-safe-t-seat-baby-seat.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2PP1BRCiARIsAEqv-pQqy-HD_qEwDY1xn7Xqmku8U81S-AeBpFXYJch-TwxeE8SZyy0TONoaAgYPEALw_wcB
They are a good idea, better than having my arse crack for a view but I was told those up front seats weren't great for longer spins, a lot less suspension than the rear mounted ones as they are on the crossbar rather than being on sprung steel.