Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Most of us knew much of what you "predicted" Ballyroan would happen. The difference being that most of us hoped it wouldn't. Grade A Gobshite

Tony

Exactly High Fielder  ;D. He acts like a Prophet but we all knew we'd probably beat Longford, definitely lose to Kildare, likely beat Wicklow and probably lose the next one. Get that man a bookies, he's going to raid them for all they're worth. FFS. Himself and town1980 predicted that we'd lose to Longford actually and there would be uproar in the camp and all hell would break loose. Town1980 probably does have some insider info but doesn't make him less of a gobs**te to be fair.

In the League we had even less of a team than we do now due to injury and suspension so relegation was a definite possibility. Crystal ball BallyroanAbu.

Clancy and higgins aren't enough to turn this around. Get real. Neither is Creedon of course but look at the true source of our issues. Doesn't take a rocket scientist, really.

town1980

What makes the two of yer any less of a gobshite??? Go back threw some of yere silly posts,, all his asking is for someone who can inspire the lads have any of yer been in the dressing room with Higgins? Mcnulty? Clancy? If not how the hell can yee comment saying there not up to it, a process is asking the players they have trained what there like they can't be any worse than the lads yee back ffs

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: High Fielder on June 18, 2017, 10:35:13 AM
Most of us knew much of what you "predicted" Ballyroan would happen. The difference being that most of us hoped it wouldn't. Grade A Gobshite

So since last September when I said Creedon was a disaster, you have not been calling me names, or otherwise insulting me?   Yourself, Don and Tony have continually insulted me while I have tried not to be personal.  The only thing that sickens you is that I have been right all along otherwise you would be crucifying me with how wrong I was.   We have the players Donie Kingston is enough to have us operating at a higher level who ever has appointed the last 3 managers really wants to opt out the next time.  I am sure yourself, Tony and Don will be crowing about some dipshit from anywhere if we appointed him where we need Laois Men to the Job.  Higgins, McNulty and Clancy are nearly 40 for christ sake Leo Vrad is running the country at 38.

Tony

Great. We get clancy in. Then what?

A miracle? Division 1within 3years with the most unpromising underage footballers in 30years?

You both have the answer. Well done. Brilliant. Forget all the important stuff. Just get clancy in and he'll turn water into wine with his couple years club management experience.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tony on June 18, 2017, 01:23:21 PM

A miracle? Division 1within 3years with the most unpromising underage footballers in 30years?

You both have the answer. Well done. Brilliant. Forget all the important stuff. Just get clancy in and he'll turn water into wine with his couple years club management experience.

Never said Div 1, Div 2 would be realistic.  Are you on the County Board because honestly there is no defending whats gone on over the last 5 years without an agenda behind it.

Keyser Söze

For a start we'd know that he actually gave a shite.
Secondly, the players couldn't appear less fit, less motivated or less prepared.
Thirdly, there would be a lot less money been driven out of the county and down the M8 in the boot of a car three or four times a week.
Finally, there may actually be a future in one of the managers mentioned above. There is no future in this spoofer. Giving him next spring to look good against Div 4 teams would be a big mistake.

Tony:
Creedon wil be great, I'm excited.
Creedon needs to be given time, he'll work out.
Creedon is hamstrung by injuries.
Creedon should be judged on the championship.
Creedon can't correct 3/4 years of poor fitness levels overnight.
Creedon doesn't have the players, maybe Div 4 is our level.
Creedon isn't to be blamed for this we are terrible from top to bottom.
Creedon looks a bit better now in light of the Kildare- Meath result.

Give it a break.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 18, 2017, 01:34:43 PM

For a start we'd know that he actually gave a shite.
Secondly, the players couldn't appear less fit, less motivated or less prepared.
Thirdly, there would be a lot less money been driven out of the county and down the M8 in the boot of a car three or four times a week.
Finally, there may actually be a future in one of the managers mentioned above. There is no future in this spoofer. Giving him next spring to look good against Div 4 teams would be a big mistake.

Tony:
Creedon wil be great, I'm excited.
Creedon needs to be given time, he'll work out.
Creedon is hamstrung by injuries.
Creedon should be judged on the championship.
Creedon can't correct 3/4 years of poor fitness levels overnight.
Creedon doesn't have the players, maybe Div 4 is our level.
Creedon isn't to be blamed for this we are terrible from top to bottom.
Creedon looks a bit better now in light of the Kildare- Meath result.

Give it a break.

You vocalize my thoughts more eloquently

High Fielder

What did you predict that the rest of us didn't know?

BallyroanAbu

BallyroanAbu

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: NEW LAOIS MANAGER
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »

Modify
    Remove
This is a joke process, top quality known managers are not interested in Laois.  So we overpay a risky type, cannot for the life of me see why we just don't go with our own and let it pan out what way it may over a couple of years.  Start a process of having to train the minor and U21 to get a shot at senior.  We develop good managers who are interested in Laois

My point is the County Board has done nothing more than put new tyres on a banged out car.  Laois's major problem is money and this comes down to an issue every club in Ireland faces facilities or teams.  Simply put Laois will into the future continue to under perform because they will allocate less and less money towards the senior team.  This has the dual effect of the team not performing well and sponsors/general public allocating less and less towards the county. Centre of Excellence is all very well but it is no advantage as every other county in the country is getting one.  The running costs will I imagine come from other places namely the Senior Teams and as we are not getting more this will be a self defeating circle.   Personally for a small county like Laois the pathway should be clear take the minors or U21's do a good job then your Senior Manager.   We should be bringing our coaches along and also giving them expenses for their time.  If your are a young manager then you should understand the way in which you get the Senior Job.  In real terms Joe Higgins, Chris Conway are no longer young.  Seems to me Laois are happy to bring him 50/50 chances from outside the county but are afraid to take a chance on their own.

BallyroanAbu

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: NEW LAOIS MANAGER
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2016, 08:56:11 PM »

This prob won't end well hopefully I will be proved wrong.

My thoughts on Creedon's appointment in September there is more if you look back.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

"if it is creedon, the current administration will have managed to finally kill of the last flickers of hope within the county.
2 predictions...division 4 here we come, and sacked by this time next year."

the above my post on September 26th last year............as most objective posters say, even the dogs on the street saw this coming.

....the clowns who tolerated o Flaherty for 3 years and then appointed creedon need to leave the stage.
... it is blatantly obvious Tony and a few other fellow travellers are in fact county board men or their buddies, their interventions on these threads are now down right embarrassing.

Earlier on this thread,  I  suggested a root and branch approach to the football nosedive. The current personal controlling the county board enjoy zero confidence from the public and cannot be trusted to turn the soil on a new approach.
we may soon arrive at the place where offaly gaa now finds itself....all can see the problems, but nobody wants to get involved at executive level to drive solutions.

perhaps, aligned to a major countywide convention on the future of football, especially at juvenile level, the way to go might be to hand back control of football to a football board..........the football board was in control in the early 90s when we enjoyed relative success....In the 00s, the executive basically took all power and control away from the football board and the current results highlight the disaster of that greedy and power grabbing tactic.

the problem of even commencing a new project, is that certain entities(county executive) will not countenance any dilution of their perceived powers, even if such policy is for the betterment of the sport in the county..........self serving....just like our friend tony defending them at the cost of the county.

High Fielder

Let's hope for your sakes a local man is appointed next time. I personally think we don't have the players, backs in particular, and your point of focus is skewed. I also think the standard of football in the county is terrible, the players at club level are hardly ever fit, and, the structure of competitions facilitate poor performance. We have a small playing pool anyway, and what we have just now, Donal Kingston aside, could never make an impression. Basically, we're in a downturn, and whilst there are some things that can.improve, this panel only has marginal improvement in them. Blaming Creedon is a waste of time when the players are not good enough

BallyroanAbu

I personally don't want a local to placate us, I want a young hungry manager who feels he knows what should be done and anyone in his way better get out of it.  I don't need a yes man who is ticking a box.  I want a hungry passionate local f**ker with a brain.  Funny enough I don't think we are in short supply in this regard.  Also Gary Kavanagh will have to go, he has potential but unfortunately he aligned or was aligned to this farce so he can have no hand act or part of what's to come until what has gone on this year is forgotten.

Tony

For the 19th time, I think creedon is an average manager. I don't think he's brilliant or even good. Average describes him well. My point, clearly, is that I don't see the point blaming him solely when we have 99other more important issues. Getting clancy in is like putting a plaster on a severed leg.

town1980

How do u make that out explain??were you n a dressing room with him?