Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

You could write the same article about the Rugby World Cup, the FA Cup, even the premier league to a large extent.  This piece is a classis smokescreen.  Editor tells him to do a championship preview.  he couldn't be arsed looking at new young players, the emergence of Kildare back to Division 1 after Back to Back promotions, Donegal looking strong with a new younger backbone, Galway maintaining some momentum, perhaps Cork even doing something this year.  It's far easier to go on a clichéd rant against the GAA, so today he insults all the counties in division 3 and 4, Tyrone, Meath, Sky Sports GAA, Senan Connell, Peter Canavan, Rachel Wyse, Monaghan, Donegal, Derry, all of Munster apart from Kerry (even though two more of their counties got to the Q final in 2016 and Tipp have been promoted). 

This is a person who knows absolutely nothing about football at all, but still manages to hog the spotlight. 

lurganblue

Joe has been called in to fight the case of Matthew Fitzpatrick

http://www.hoganstand.com/Football/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=270353

yellowcard

Quote from: Catch and Kick on May 15, 2017, 09:12:16 PM
Sickening disrespectful article by Brolly today. No surprise though in that rag. The Sunday Indo had no coverage of the Championship last weekend but gave a full page in the sports section to 'Rory's Stories', half page to gambling another to Joe... insightful GAA coverage in the Indo stable is non existent.

The sports section on a Sunday is about the only decent section of that newspaper.

Tubberman

Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2017, 11:53:02 AM
Sickening disrespectful article by Brolly today. No surprise though in that rag. The Sunday Indo had no coverage of the Championship last weekend but gave a full page in the sports section to 'Rory's Stories', half page to gambling another to Joe... insightful GAA coverage in the Indo stable is non existent.

The sports section on a Sunday is about the only decent section of that newspaper.

There is no decent section of that newspaper. An utter rag, and the daily edition is quickly catching up on it's Sunday version.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tubberman on May 17, 2017, 12:18:30 PM

There is no decent section of that newspaper. An utter rag, and the daily edition is quickly catching up on it's Sunday version.

It has strong coverage of the Hutch-Kinahan feud, in-particular the ramifications from the Regency spectacular.

Main Street

Quote from: Tubberman on May 17, 2017, 12:18:30 PM

Though, saturday's edition would be the closest.

Main Street

Joe's a one man  legal "Dream Team" plus Clint Eastwood.

Main Street

BennyHarp

I'm no fan of Joe Brolly, but his interview last week on Off The Ball last week was very entertaining, in particular the line about needing to be careful not to get "knocked over by kangaroos" at lower level GAA courts.  ;D

Whereas the guy from the CHC came across as a pompous moron!
That was never a square ball!!

Esmarelda

Quote from: AQMP on May 22, 2017, 12:27:29 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 22, 2017, 07:36:57 AM
I'm no fan of Joe Brolly, but his interview last week on Off The Ball last week was very entertaining, in particular the line about needing to be careful not to get "knocked over by kangaroos" at lower level GAA courts.  ;D

I actually thought Liam Keane explained a complex situation pretty well.  Good line about 30 inaccuracies in Brolly's interview.  Brolly certainly gave the impression that he steamrollered through the appeal hearing with a pint of Guinness in his hand spouting Latin showing the Dublin fancy Dans who was boss.  He wasn't even there.
I thought Keane handled himself very well.

I also thought it was a good opportunity to hear from GAA people in his role who constantly have their integrity questioned by GAA people as if they're up in Croke Park trying to screw all the weaker teams' players.

macdanger2

Quote from: AQMP on May 22, 2017, 12:27:29 PM

I actually thought Liam Keane explained a complex situation pretty well.  Good line about 30 inaccuracies in Brolly's interview.  Brolly certainly gave the impression that he steamrollered through the appeal hearing with a pint of Guinness in his hand spouting Latin showing the Dublin fancy Dans who was boss.  He wasn't even there.

Had to laugh at that bit, showed Brolly up for the bullshitter that he is

Jinxy

Far from it, Benny.
Explained a complex issue very well, despite the clown of an interviewer butting in all the time.
Calm, logical and reasonable.
You'd know he was a Meath man.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on May 22, 2017, 03:46:13 PM

Far from it, Benny.
Explained a complex issue very well, despite the clown of an interviewer butting in all the time.
Calm, logical and reasonable.
You'd know he was a Meath man.

I'll have a listen again. I was listening on the train on the way into work, so maybe I didn't give it full attention. I just thought he sounded like he was not prepared to accept any responsibility for the chain of events, even though the whole thing was a complete shambles. I didn't think he convincingly explained why the CCCC held on to evidence that could have made this a non incident had it been handled correctly. The whole bit on them having their reputation tarnished and they were amateurs too was a bit nauseating too considering the coverage Fitzpatrick got and nobody has a clue who Liam Keane was before that interview so hardly an equal comparison.
That was never a square ball!!