FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: deiseach on November 17, 2015, 12:29:32 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2015, 12:25:54 PM
Surely we have some young lads around 17-19 year old playing at some of the Premiership clubs that could make the break thru?

Er...

U know what i mean, playing with Reserves or youth teams who possibly can make the break thru
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

An Watcher

I don't care if they make the break thru at 16/17 or 26/27 or 36/37 for that matter
If they do the business on the pitch who cares

Walter Cronc

Sorry if it has been mentioned lads (bandwagoner) but has the ticket draw been made yet?

I.e registering and selecting which tickets you want. If not I'd appreciate a link. Cheers!

Maroon Manc

Surely we have some young lads around 17-19 year old playing at some of the Premiership clubs that could make the break thru?

Look at the u19 sqaud, there's not too many of them playing for premiership clubs and none of them at top clubs.

United, Arsenal & Liverpool always had several young Irish players on their books, not too many these days unfortunately. Qualification for future tournaments will become unlikely given the lack of talent coming through.

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 17, 2015, 02:08:40 PM
Sorry if it has been mentioned lads (bandwagoner) but has the ticket draw been made yet?

I.e registering and selecting which tickets you want. If not I'd appreciate a link. Cheers!
I entered the ballot months back but probably won't hear anything until after the draw is made I would guess.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

GJL

Ideal Draw (England, Croatia, Sweden, IRELAND)
Nightmare draw (Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, IRELAND)

deiseach

Pleeeeeeaze let us get England! 14 years of no sporting tension in the home? It's not right.

foxcommander

You'd be looking at trying to convert a few more Jack Charlton style if there's not many coming through the ranks. I wonder why this lad went back to england.

http://www.balls.ie/football/dan-crowley-is-set-to-switch-his-allegiance-to-ireland/308440

I really hope Grealish doesn't make the england squad for 2016.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: GJL on November 17, 2015, 03:15:50 PM
Ideal Draw (England, Croatia, Sweden, IRELAND)
Nightmare draw (Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, IRELAND)

Remember that Croatia were our banker last time round!

/Jim.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 17, 2015, 02:12:36 PM

Look at the u19 sqaud, there's not too many of them playing for premiership clubs and none of them at top clubs.

United, Arsenal & Liverpool always had several young Irish players on their books, not too many these days unfortunately. Qualification for future tournaments will become unlikely given the lack of talent coming through.

As I said earlier I dont see O'Neill bringing in any new faces before Euro 2016
For the world cup they may take a look at Dan Crowley or Patrick Bamford both young (18 and 21) but unfortunately both suffer a touch of Grealishitis and will wait to see if they have a sniff of an England call up first.

Here is an interesting guardian article from a month ago about the next generation

3 of the lads are on Irelands books

AZOffaly

Fantastic result and well done. Delighted for the lads that have stuck with this team. I know lads that go to every game, home and away, and I can't understand their passion (or where they get their money). Some of the stuff they've been subjected to is dire, but they've stuck with it.

Sure it'll make for a good summer anyhow.

Delighted for John Walters as well. The prototype 'good honest pro'.

Somebody above said this bunch are very likeable, and they are. They are limited, but they always seem to try, and they do seem to genuinely care about whether Ireland do well or not.

The Wedger

JoG2

Quote from: The Wedger on November 17, 2015, 03:48:57 PM
Any chance Stephen Ireland will come back?

he was seen rocking up to Malahide this morning

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch