FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 08, 2015, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 08, 2015, 10:53:48 PM
Just for a laugh if we draw with Poland and Germany lost as if but hey then all 3 teams have 19 pts but Germany would be 3rd due to the head to heads

If we drew 2-2 with Poland would be finish above them on away goals?

We must score in Poland no matter how you look at it, to avoid a play-off.
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

It took 2 English men an Italian and possibly a norn irish man to lead youse guys by the nose to finals.  Ye's know fcuk all about football!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Just for a laugh if we draw with Poland and Germany lost as if but hey then all 3 teams have 19 pts but Germany would be 3rd due to the head to heads

Yes, if Ireland score 2 or more in Warsaw and aren't beaten, we're through. A 0-0 or 1-1 draw will see Poland secure automatic qualification.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

Will robbie keane travel to the euros.   Probably done by then?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 08, 2015, 11:05:41 PM

Yes, if Ireland score 2 or more in Warsaw and aren't beaten, we're through. A 0-0 or 1-1 draw will see Poland secure automatic qualification.
LOL.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 08, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

LOL.

If someone had told you earlier that the World Champs would be beaten this evening, you'd probably have been laughing out even louder! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 08, 2015, 11:20:16 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 08, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

LOL.

If someone had told you earlier that the World Champs would be beaten this evening, you'd probably have been laughing out even louder! ;)
Fair comment.

Main Street

Brilliant from O'Neill and the makeshift team with all sorts of half fit and unfit players, a brilliant gutsy/brave  2nd half performance.
Pity that that performance alone does not guarantee a runners up spot. We have the momentum behind us  going into the final game, our heads are unbowed.

omaghjoe

T Fearon

Is Martin O'Neill the only person to have victories over Germany as a player and a manager?

Declan

Great night and fantastic atmosphere inside Lansdowne. Rode our luck but jaysus what a finish from Long. Fair play to each and every one of the squad always tried their heart out. McCarthy's best game for us. Sunday should be some day of sport #COYBIG

some headline in Scotland

https://instagram.com/p/8mtSpnM2p4/

straightred

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 08, 2015, 10:13:03 PM
Hungary 3 pts ahead of Ireland on the special 3rd place table ie we would need to win and if we win sure we are there anyway in 2nd place

We can't get the automatic 3rd place so its a 2-2 draw or a win

AZOffaly

Brilliant result. I was out doing a bit of coaching, and was studiously avoiding the radio and internet on the way home in the car, then I stopped into Centra to get bread just as Shane Long was scoring on the big plasma screen that's normally talking about sandwiches! It ruined my recording, but it was fantastic to see. I just watched the last 15 minutes when I got home, and I can't believe the Germans didn't score, but Ireland were heroic. Great stuff.

On a side note, well done to our Newport U11s who won the McDonalds Futures 7 a side competition, and were presented at half time. Our GAA Club and Soccer club are doing a good job coexisting, there''s a huge crossover, and we are having success in both codes. It was a great achievement for these lads and girls, so well done to them.

ashman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2015, 09:24:39 AM
Brilliant result. I was out doing a bit of coaching, and was studiously avoiding the radio and internet on the way home in the car, then I stopped into Centra to get bread just as Shane Long was scoring on the big plasma screen that's normally talking about sandwiches! It ruined my recording, but it was fantastic to see. I just watched the last 15 minutes when I got home, and I can't believe the Germans didn't score, but Ireland were heroic. Great stuff.

On a side note, well done to our Newport U11s who won the McDonalds Futures 7 a side competition, and were presented at half time. Our GAA Club and Soccer club are doing a good job coexisting, there''s a huge crossover, and we are having success in both codes. It was a great achievement for these lads and girls, so well done to them.

Tell the truth you could not bother watching cos you thought they would be beaten easy !! 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Declan on October 09, 2015, 08:20:45 AM
Great night and fantastic atmosphere inside Lansdowne. Rode our luck but jaysus what a finish from Long. Fair play to each and every one of the squad always tried their heart out. McCarthy's best game for us. Sunday should be some day of sport #COYBIG

some headline in Scotland

https://instagram.com/p/8mtSpnM2p4/
I thought McCarthy was immense.
A great shift from walters too, who is a better footballer than he gets credit for
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either