FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

For those of you in the US, both games are live on ESPN.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/espn/

Oct 08    2:45pm    Ireland Republic vs Germany    UEFA Euro Qualifying
   Oct 11    2:45pm    Poland vs Ireland Republic    UEFA Euro Qualifying

Boycey

I bought one adult and one child ticket for Thurs night, for various reasons I'm not taking young lad anymore. I was gonna see tomoro about changing it to another adult ticket but does anyone know how closely they look at these things at the Aviva. I mightn't bother paying the extra if I thought they'd not check  ;D

ashman

To be fair to Grealish his grandparents are irish born . His parents are English born.

There is a remove. 

Main Street

Quote from: Zulu on September 30, 2015, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 30, 2015, 09:59:25 AM
Quote from: michaelg on September 29, 2015, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 29, 2015, 11:19:05 AM
Best quote I saw on Joe.ie was "I see Jack Grealish has retired from International Football." His situation though is not like nationalists in NI declaring for the ROI, we are brought up supporting the team as our national team and now have the right under the GFA to choose it's as it should be. Good luck to Grealish but I suspect if he had have been good enough he'd have been in the English schoolboy setup...time will tell.
I'm afraid there are very clear parallels between the 2 situations. i.e. One Association spending time and money to develop a player, only for said player to opt for another international team.

Actually a lot of that money comes from taxes which are paid by all in the north. We in the north are quite entitled to designate as Irish and hold an Irish passport and as such play for the ROI. Grealish is making his decision based on his pocket not his nationality as is his right so good luck to him. Instead of bitching about the one that got away embrace those who want to wear the jersey. Perhaps if Windsor wasn't awash with Ulster banners union flags and GSTQ more nationalists might decide to don the green of NI.

No he's not. He clearly feels he is English and the only reason he would have chosen Ireland was if he was certain he had no future with England. I can't understand the mentality of Irish soccer supporters who seem to be happy to take anyone for Ireland irrespective of whether they feel Irish or not. A guy could hang around the England set up like some love struck teenager waiting for the call and when he realises they are out of his league plenty of Irish fans are delighted if he picks us up for a handy feel up at the back of the cinema.

I live in Britain so I could see how kids I might someday raise here could feel more Irish than British but if they had a choice of playing for Ireland or England I'd expect them to go with the country they feel closest to. If they felt more English than Irish then go down that path as international representation should be about just that - representing a nation, not simply a career move supported by fans more interested in boozing it up at a world cup than actually having a national team which represents you.
That attitude that you attribute to Grealish with such certainty has no supporting evidence, not even any anecdotal evidence.
It's not a  black and white situation. Grealish mulled over this final football decision for 18 months and England have been after him  and pestering him since he was 14 years old, during all the time he was with the Irish set up. England have always wanted him, therefore the deduction is  that he gave his final decision some serious thought. England finally became his first choice, however it's not difficult to appreciate that he experienced conflict  coming to that decision.

clarshack

ashman

Is it me but do the vast majority of people in Ireland not give a flying fook about the 26 county soccerball team ??

laoislad

Quote from: ashman on October 06, 2015, 11:32:13 PM
Is it me but do the vast majority of people in Ireland not give a flying fook about the 26 county soccerball team ??
Just you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2015, 11:51:58 PM
Quote from: ashman on October 06, 2015, 11:32:13 PM
Just you.
;D
Yep, just you.

JoG2

Prediction time:

Ireland 1 - 1 Germany
Poland 1 - 2 Ireland

FTLOGCOYBIGTF !

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: JoG2 on October 07, 2015, 03:40:44 PM
Prediction time:

Ireland 1 - 1 Germany
Poland 1 - 2 Ireland

FTLOGCOYBIGTF !

Would be delighted with that, the pessimist in me sees 2 defeats and Scotland getting the draw against Poland to leap frog US on head to head. For 15 years now I have thought we are overdue a win against a good team but every time we cant do enough.

deiseach

As Liam Mackey in De Paper noted, we are effectively one point ahead of Scotland with one game in hand. Be afraid...

AZOffaly

If we beat Germany tomorrow night, does that f**k Scotland so?

rodney trotter

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2015, 04:35:02 PM
If we beat Germany tomorrow night, does that f**k Scotland so?

All explained here http://www.the42.ie/heres-what-irish-team-need-qualify-euros-2317649-Sep2015/

Coleman out of the Germany game.

BennyCake

Keane on the other Keane being ready for Germany:

"He didn't have the baby. Unless he's breast feeding, he should be alright".

Classic.

Boycey

Quote from: clarshack on October 06, 2015, 10:40:33 PM
What's parking like around the aviva?

I always come from the North across the Eastlink so can only tell ya from that perspective but once through the toll and round the corner there is parking on both sides of the road and some fields/industrial ground used for pay parking, this leaves u about 15 mins walk to pitch. We generally drive past all this, turn right at main junction and into Irishtown and park down some of side streets there, it halves the walk to the ground and if your swift at getting out of the ground on the final whistle it'll save you a load of time as the queue at toll can be long...

If your coming from other side all this info is useless of course :-)