FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Thewildcat on March 30, 2015, 01:35:11 PM
you been a liverpool fan AZOffaly i'd say would have nothing to do as why you don't rate Coleman and Gibson.  fair play to gibson for going back in the way he was thread in euro 2012 when Paul fu..ing Green got on ahead of him. 

i think the team done well when you see the team that went out, and they go way over the top about wes Holohan Dunphy the gobshit Xavi, Messi, been small they are but they don't play championship football with Norwich city and thats the level Holohan is at,  McClean he will be league one next season withn wigan, Robbie Brady at left back but still a better player than Stephen Ward, could Wilson not play wing back and bring Aston Villas Ciaran Clarke into the centre.

I rate Coleman, I think he's excellent. I just didn't think he played well last night. I didn't mention Gibson at all, but I think he's another solid midfielder.

rodney trotter

Coleman was quiet against Scotland too, very good player but doesn't seem to produce the club form at International level like McCarthy.

6 of the starting team was over 30. not a great sign for the future. Brady is talented but not a left back, only playing there due to ward being injured. Wilson could have been tried there.

SHEEDY

think some of the criticism of mccarthy is a bit over the top. he's a defensive midfielder for everton who breaks up the play and covers the defence, he's not a roy keane type player who is going to drive the team forward. a fit darron gibson would be a big addition to irelands midfield.
i thought robbie keane, mcgeady and brady were poor and offered very little. must win game now against the scots, which probably means another draw.
nil satis nisi optimum

rodney trotter

Darren Gibson was poor against Scotland, himself and Jeff Hendrick overrun in the middle, he was coming back from injury but he wouldn't be  a major addition.

ballinaman

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 30, 2015, 09:12:24 PM
Darren Gibson was poor against Scotland, himself and Jeff Hendrick overrun in the middle, he was coming back from injury but he wouldn't be  a major addition.
Only a few weeks back after an ACL injury, not just a regular injury. Hendrick is a kid who let the occasion get to him. If Gibson gets a run in the Everton team he most certainly will be an addition IMO..

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on March 30, 2015, 10:42:41 PM
Only a few weeks back after an ACL injury, not just a regular injury. Hendrick is a kid who let the occasion get to him. If Gibson gets a run in the Everton team he most certainly will be an addition IMO..
The relegation scrap should harden Gibson up a bit alright.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rodney trotter

He has good passing ability alright, would he be the difference against Scott Brown I doubt it.

Thewildcat

Quote from: laoislad on March 30, 2015, 10:44:14 PM
The relegation scrap should harden Gibson up a bit alright.....

yes and Real Madrid are after your liverpools Joe Allen  ;D

Thewildcat

i could be wrong but would Gibson have what Stevie Slippy G has not a EPL Medal :o

Thewildcat

i see pisshead Dunphy and Brady putting the boot into McCarthy, Dunphy who played pub league most of his life. the same Brady who threw his toys out of the pram over the time Arsenal and Wenger make a mess out of the CL again a few seasons ago he wouldn't answer questions on Arsenal fuc.ing big child

same guy who was  with Celtic for a few months and was threw out on his ear as the were near the bottom of a two team league.   

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Thewildcat on March 31, 2015, 06:41:38 PM
i see pisshead Dunphy and Brady putting the boot into McCarthy, Dunphy who played pub league most of his life. the same Brady who threw his toys out of the pram over the time Arsenal and Wenger make a mess out of the CL again a few seasons ago he wouldn't answer questions on Arsenal fuc.ing big child

same guy who was  with Celtic for a few months and was threw out on his ear as the were near the bottom of a two team league.

Brady and Dunphy shouldnt have said things the way they did but they are not wrong. James has been poor for us except that away game in Sweden. This is the same guy who was attracting the attention of ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea. He has potential to be very good but its just not happening at the moment and he is hardly young anymore at 24/25 he should be peaking.

Thewildcat

his a top player, with Everton or even if he was to go to United or Arsenal he would have better players with him, in fairness Glen Whelehan, McGeady not fit Walters on the wing, it was hard to win midfield. the same Dunphy was saying they would have beaten scotland if McCarthy was playing, he just makes it up as he goes along they all do to think they get payed for talking shit, half the time Dunphy is half cut on the panel. Wes Hoolhan is suppose to be the irish Messi if you were to listen to the panel shows how far we have fallen down the ladder.

laoislad

Does anyone else not understand a word Thewildcat says?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 31, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

Brady and Dunphy shouldnt have said things the way they did but they are not wrong. James has been poor for us except that away game in Sweden. This is the same guy who was attracting the attention of ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea. He has potential to be very good but its just not happening at the moment and he is hardly young anymore at 24/25 he should be peaking.

Mccarthy is a workhorse who can do the simple things but isn't spectacular. If he's alongside top midfielders he can do a great job but he's not a creative influence.

A lot of everton's problems this year are due to him being injured. This causes the problem that barry has to defend and that doesn't work well. I think opta stats say he covers close to the most ground of any premiership midfielder.

SHEEDY

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 31, 2015, 07:53:58 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 31, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

Mccarthy is a workhorse who can do the simple things but isn't spectacular. If he's alongside top midfielders he can do a great job but he's not a creative influence.

A lot of everton's problems this year are due to him being injured. This causes the problem that barry has to defend and that doesn't work well. I think opta stats say he covers close to the most ground of any premiership midfielder.
this is what i was saying on the previous page. i seen a lot of evertons games this year and when mccarthy isnt playing he's bdly missed. he breaks up the play and covers for baines and coleman when they attack, but he is no playmaker and doesnt split defence with his passes. he's good at what he does for everton but for some reason when he plays for ireland people expect him to play like roy keane.

as for the pundits on RTE, does anyone take them seriously? RTE seem to think you have to be controversial to get your point across, they have eejits on every panel from soccer to rugby to gaa.
nil satis nisi optimum