FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Martin

Pot 1 is Poland, Ukraine, Spain and Germany. Hopefully we draw one of the hosts.

imtommygunn

If we got Poland /Ukraine and Russia you'd be happy enough.

There are teams we can beat there.

I really hope we stop playing so defensive on the tournament. We've the best selection of strikers we've had in years and I think winger wise we also have good choice. Dunne is a great centre half too. Centre mid not so hot though.

maldini

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 15, 2011, 09:31:23 PM
How bad is McGeady??

McGeady did more in a minute tonight than Hunt - his rival for the starting spot - did all game. Hunt was brutal i thought, and proved what ive always said, he's better coming off the bench with 20 mins to go to run at tiring teams

Yeah McGeady is frustrating with his final ball more often than not, but he's a game changer when he does get it right. Has scored or had a hand in numerous goals in this qualifying campaign, and been generally one of our better players

ross4life

Portugal are through with a impressive 6-2 win, This strike from Nani the goal of the night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rc5t74nrZA&feature=player_embedded
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Pots apparently are

Poland, Ukraine, Spain, Holland

Italy, Germany, Russia, England

Croatia, Sweden, Portugal, Greece

Denmark, France, Czech Rep, Ireland

BennyHarp

Greece, England and Ukraine would be ideal if those pots are correct. We most likely used up all our luck drawing Estonia in the qualifier though.
That was never a square ball!!

GalwayBayBoy

Nightmare group

Spain, Germany, Portugal, Ireland

gallsman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 15, 2011, 10:23:07 PM
I see roy the Irish patriot referring to the ROI qualifying on utv as they this, they that, should it not be WE.. >:(

Are your that upset about it? I don't see what supporting a soccer team has to to with patriotism. If anything, supporting a team that only represents 26 counties would be unpatriotic for a lot of Irishmen. But you're a big Republican who gets upset by  Marty Clarke and Rory McIlroy, so you'd know all about that.

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 15, 2011, 11:07:28 PM
Nightmare group

Why why why would you post that?

Jebus I won't sleep now.
MWWSI 2017

ardal

I'd go with:

Ukraine
Germany

and

Sweden.

Nuns, girls, feck

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2011, 11:12:46 PM
Nightmare group

Jebus I won't sleep now.

Dream group:

Poland, England, Greece, Ireland.

There now.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 15, 2011, 11:25:01 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2011, 11:12:46 PM
Nightmare group

Jebus I won't sleep now.

Dream group:

Poland, England, Greece, Ireland.

There now.

PIGE........I like it.

Oíche mhaith.
MWWSI 2017

AFS

Quote from: maldini on November 15, 2011, 10:47:40 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on November 15, 2011, 09:31:23 PM
How bad is McGeady??

McGeady did more in a minute tonight than Hunt - his rival for the starting spot - did all game. Hunt was brutal i thought, and proved what ive always said, he's better coming off the bench with 20 mins to go to run at tiring teams

Yeah McGeady is frustrating with his final ball more often than not, but he's a game changer when he does get it right. Has scored or had a hand in numerous goals in this qualifying campaign, and been generally one of our better players

maldini knows.

Many of those that criticise McGeady do not appear to have appreciated how the team is set up. We have eight or nine lads that are under instruction to keep it simple and take no risks with the ball. Five yard passes or long hoofs are the order of the day. We then have two wingers that are given the freedom to try stuff, usually when high up the field with plenty of protection in behind. Most of the time this stuff doesn't come off and possession is lost. This is somewhat understandable given how little support our attacking players receive from other areas of the team. But with the side's formidable defensive record, it often only takes it one successful moment of individualism from Duff or McGeady to turn a game in our favour. Hunt, Lawrence, Keogh, etc. do not have anywhere approaching the natural talent as the aforementioned duo, which is why they are not entrusted with these 'game changer' roles.

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad