Ros v Galway Connacht Final 2019

Started by Rossfan, May 28, 2019, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I believe if it's a draw the Hyde WON'T be getting the replay due to last year's agreement plus the required works not done yet.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

If crying and moaning counted Walsh would be handed the sam without further ado.
Since the Mayo match Cunningham has lost Ultan Harney, Cathal Heneghan and Colin Compton from our match day 26 all injured and Fintan Cregg is also on the injured list but may play some part. Not a word of complaint from Cunningham.

giveballaghback

Quote from: whitey on June 11, 2019, 12:37:44 PM
http://www.mayonews.ie/news/33820-over-excited-rossie-abused-garda-after-mayo-match

Delighted to see the Rossies putting their best foot forward after the Castlebar victory
More like a couple of Mayo cops who couldn't take their beating.

Farrandeelin

Poor Ultan Harney, beset by injuries. I wonder if they're all taking their toll on his body. Do any Ros posters reckon we will see him at his full potential or can he keep coming back?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

giveballaghback

Ultans injury might not be as serious as first thought, that lad will keep coming back, hopefully he will get an injury free run, we all know in Ros how good he can be,
just never had the run to bring it to the national stage but it will not be Ultans fault if it does not happen.

oliverkelly

First scan showed up a torn ACL that was within 24 hours of getting injured. Too much bleeding in his knee to do second scan yet to see full extent of damage I heard.
ACL is as minimum of 6 months anyway so it's pretty serious. And no I dont think  we will see his full potential, He 23 now and has had constent injury every year since he was minor. Has to be taken its toll physically and mentally.

Fintan will be a huge loss this weekend if he can't shake off his back injury too.

galwayman

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 11, 2019, 11:22:18 PM
Ultans injury might not be as serious as first thought, that lad will keep coming back, hopefully he will get an injury free run, we all know in Ros how good he can be,
just never had the run to bring it to the national stage but it will not be Ultans fault if it does not happen.
He's had some serious bad luck with injuries for sure.
Remember seeing him at underage level and he was a class player.

weareros

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 12, 2019, 10:06:36 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-galway-are-too-stuck-in-systems-too-rigid-and-too-defensive-1.3922417

More ammo for Kevin to pin up on the wall on Sunday.

Is he not predicting Galway to win handily, hardly even bothers mentioning who they are playing? What  is Kevin going to say: lookit, Daragh O'Se said we are going to win but not by enough. Let's go out and prove him wrong.

Rossfan

Seems we shouldn't waste our time showing up at all.
Sadly I agree with Oliver ...we probably won't ever get to see Ultan at his best.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Manning18

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-galway-are-too-stuck-in-systems-too-rigid-and-too-defensive-1.3922417

I think its a reasonably fair article. There is a defensive structure that they looked to have worked on extensively but very little in terms of an attacking gameplan. They don't get enough from someone as talented as Walsh, haven't worked Daly's strengths in yet and havent developed how to align Comer to Burke's play making. Sadly i think with all the injuries and interruptions like Corofin this year it could be a lost year in that regard. He hasnt been able to introduce the players integral to kick on to the next level such as McDaid, Molloy, Cooke and Wall in any capacity and missing work around both Comer and Burke who the forward line is built around.

I wouldn't agree that it could go stale after this season however. The only players the wrong side of 27 are Conroy and Bradshaw, neither considered certain starters at all. Next is Flynn at 27 with everyone else younger. The team probably wont reach its peak for 2-3 years. By then it'll likely be under a new manager however

galwayman

Quote from: weareros on June 12, 2019, 11:10:41 AM

Is he not predicting Galway to win handily, hardly even bothers mentioning who they are playing? What  is Kevin going to say: lookit, Daragh O'Se said we are going to win but not by enough. Let's go out and prove him wrong.
Umm where is he predicting Galway to win handily?
You might want to read it again.
The only reference to it is to say that they are more than capable of winning it.
That's a world away from saying a team will win handily.
Lord

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Manning18 on June 12, 2019, 11:57:40 AM

I think its a reasonably fair article. There is a defensive structure that they looked to have worked on extensively but very little in terms of an attacking gameplan. They don't get enough from someone as talented as Walsh, haven't worked Daly's strengths in yet and havent developed how to align Comer to Burke's play making. Sadly i think with all the injuries and interruptions like Corofin this year it could be a lost year in that regard. He hasnt been able to introduce the players integral to kick on to the next level such as McDaid, Molloy, Cooke and Wall in any capacity and missing work around both Comer and Burke who the forward line is built around.

I wouldn't agree that it could go stale after this season however. The only players the wrong side of 27 are Conroy and Bradshaw, neither considered certain starters at all. Next is Flynn at 27 with everyone else younger. The team probably wont reach its peak for 2-3 years. By then it'll likely be under a new manager however

There was clearly an element of truth but still it was a very negative article and Kevin Walsh will spin it that way.

Age wise Galway have the best age profile of any of the top teams. Looking at what we'd call the important players on the team Flynn is the oldest of them at 27.

weareros

Quote from: galwayman on June 12, 2019, 12:14:39 PM
Quote from: weareros on June 12, 2019, 11:10:41 AM

Umm where is he predicting Galway to win handily?
You might want to read it again.
The only reference to it is to say that they are more than capable of winning it.
That's a world away from saying a team will win handily.
Lord

Same thing. He's basically saying Galway don't win with style. Dismisses the victory over Kerry because it was a dog of a game. I hope Kevin does nail it to the wall and tell his team to rid themselves of the defensive mindset. Would love if Galway gave our forwards the space Mayo gave us. But we all know Walsh will pay feck all heed to this article.

Manning18

"The obvious next step is to challenge for an All-Ireland. But does anybody really and truly see them in those terms? If they do, they're keeping it to themselves! You have the Dubs out on their own, maybe Kerry and Mayo next, possibly Donegal after last weekend and at a push Tyrone if they can regather themselves. I don't hear too many people shouting about Galway."

This part of the article was interesting, and it's very true. I listened to loads of championship previews with Galway not mentioned. They were a silly 10 min spell from making a league final this year with half a panel missing. Of the team's mentioned above, Galway have beaten Mayo in 5 straight, beat Kerry by 4 last year and Donegal by 15 in their last meeting 2 years ago. Donegal just made it out of D2, albiet looking excellent at the weekend. Even the scores of Roscommon fans saying it's 50/50 is interesting in terms of how they rate Galway compared to Mayo. Didn't see anyone calling the Mayo Ros game 50/50 prior.