Mayo v Dubs 2 July

Started by The Hill is Blue, June 26, 2023, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Dublin: S Cluxton; D Newcombe, M Fitzsimons, L Gannon; J McCarthy, J Small, J McCaffrey; B Fenton, B Howard; C Kilkenny, S Bugler, N Scully; P Small, C O'Callaghan, C Basquel.

Mayo: C Reape, J Coyne, D McBrien, P O'Hora, P Durcan, S Coen, E McLaughlin, M Ruane, D O'Connor, J Doherty, J Carney, J Flynn, A O'Shea, T Conroy, R O'Donoghue.

Two strong teams on paper.

The Hill is Blue

Impossible to call.

Mayo have been looking the part for most of the year. Have they flattered to deceive? Sunday will tell the tale.

On the other hand Dublin have performed in fits and starts. What will they be like on Sunday - that's the big question.

Fingers crossed

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on June 30, 2023, 10:51:26 AM
Dublin: S Cluxton; D Newcombe, M Fitzsimons, L Gannon; J McCarthy, J Small, J McCaffrey; B Fenton, B Howard; C Kilkenny, S Bugler, N Scully; P Small, C O'Callaghan, C Basquel.

Mayo: C Reape, J Coyne, D McBrien, P O'Hora, P Durcan, S Coen, E McLaughlin, M Ruane, D O'Connor, J Doherty, J Carney, J Flynn, A O'Shea, T Conroy, R O'Donoghue.

Two strong teams on paper.

Mayo will make changes, have done in every championship game thus far this year.  How many of Byrne,Mannion,Murchan,Costello will start for Dublin, the latter probably given the free kick duties? Byrne would likely pick up Aidan O'Shea and Murchan's pace will be needed against Mayo.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

I hope Mayo are not flat for this game. My guess is that they could be. The week turn-around is a big concern.
Mentally Mayo were really up for it last week. The last time Mayo had two big games on the trot was the League final against Galway followed by a Connacht Championship game against Roscommon. We were very flat in that game. Not all was to do with Mayo, Roscommon have also to be credited for having a solid game plan that day.

Blowitupref

Four changes to the Dublin starting team.

David Byrne, Eoin Murchan, Cormac Costello & Paul Mannion come into the team.

They replace Daire Newcombe, Jack McCaffrey, Ciaran Kilkenny & Paddy Small.

Mayo with one change J Doherty out and in Sam Callinan
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Assuming McCaffrey and Kilkenny aren't 100% fit, then that's probably our best 15. But I think I would have held back at least one of Costello or Mannion. Not a whole heap to be afraid of on our bench as it is. So hopefully won't need a big impact!

Blowitupref

Shooting poor from Dublin thus far, a wide and two into the keeper hands.  5 mins played Dublin 0-0 Mayo 0-1

Silkyskillssunshinee

Already 10x more entertaining than the last match.

From the Bunker

Gough favouring Mayo with the marginal callls so far.

Blowitupref

15 mins played. Dublin 0-3 Mayo 0-3.   Goal for Dublin 1-3 to 0-4!

J70

O'Shea is much more effective when he lays it off quickly.

lenny

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 02, 2023, 04:15:47 PM

ohora the thug is getting roasted.

Rudi

Rudi

Quote from: lenny on July 02, 2023, 04:19:14 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 02, 2023, 04:15:47 PM

ohora the thug is getting roasted.

Reminds me of Crissy.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Basquel has been on the fringes for a while, nice to see him finally been given a real chance.