Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on July 18, 2017, 06:20:42 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 18, 2017, 12:19:28 PM

Main Street, have you married a Tyrone woman in the last year?
Tyrone women lack a bit of what you might call sensitivity, for my liking.
But Ï would not be surprised to hear that there are hoards of Tyrone women on the search for real men  with them being fed up with all the local wasters and drunkards. You can pass the word around that there's a huge gender deficit (female) in the Faroes. However, I don't know how desperate the local men are by now, but they might even consider a Tyrone woman.

Them Vikings have a long record of carrying off Irish woman, but probably only from coastal regions.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

twohands!!!

Quote from: Zulu on July 18, 2017, 06:12:58 PM
Dublin would still be favourites but Kerry have beaten them in a high octane league final, ran them close last year and have, in Geaney and O'Donoghue, perhaps the two best inside forwards in Ireland. I think Kerry will beat them if they meet but they are definitely the best equipped IMO. I think you've posted that Tyrone's style is best suited to beating Dublin but I couldn't disagree more. If Tyrone set up with 14 behind the ball and attempt to run the ball on the break they'll definitely lose to Dublin. Kerry will leave more players up front and Tyrone need to do that as well IMO. Tyrone's issue is they probably don't have the type of players to stay up front and be effective.

Yup - for me Tyrone's approach is great for beating lesser teams but I just can't see it working against Dublin.

omaghjoe

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 12, 2017, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 12, 2017, 01:34:00 PM
Whilst starting to think about this new Down tactic of being a dirty shower - I wondered out of the Tyrone team who are the lads I would count on to mix with it - open to correction (more than I thought actually)

1 – Niall Morgan – Just a keeper prob not but is a bit crazy
2 – Aidan McCrory – Don't think so
3 – Ronan McNamee – Most definitely
4 – Pádraig Hampsey – Capable I'd say
5 – Tiernan McCann – No way - wouldn't wanna spoil that tan
6 – Rory Brennan – unsure - prob not
7 – Peter Harte – not in his nature
8 – Colm Cavanagh – most definitely
9 – Conall McCann  –possibly
10 – Kieran McGeary – unsure
11 – Niall Sludden – most definitely
12 – Conor Meyler – prob not but he is ginger
13 – Mark Bradley – no way
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – doesn't get involved
15 – Matthew Donnelly – probably - bit like ivan drago
20 - Cathal McCarron - Most definitely
22 - Darren McCurry - not a chance - no interest in boxing just interested in not passing
25 - David Mulgrew - Young but looks like he could get involved

Hampsey is obviously the lad youd want getting stuck in if a row broke out but the problem with boxers is that they can be too disciplined for that crack.

Quick analysis of the Poland incident...

McCarron as usual in the middle of it escalating it.... the eejit
Noticed Hampsey in there two horsing the Down fella out of it that started it but kept the hands down, smart what you want in those situations
McCrory was in there too pretty quick surprisingly
Colm a bit, but he kept the head surprisingly, impressed with that.
Mattie was going for the return headlock on McGovern when he had McCarron in one, but it was a bit half hearted prob thought McCarron deserved it (he did a bit)
Tiernan calming things down when it was all over ;D..... bit of an agony aunt which is important for getting players heads right again after tempers flare

Low and Hard

Tyrone fans chanting 'Theres no ******derry in Tyrone' to the young Derry minors when they were walking to their seats in first half of senior game. Was really bad taste IMO. And they wonder why other counties don't like them ::)

sensethetone

nrico2006

Quote from: Low and Hard on July 19, 2017, 01:31:11 PM
Tyrone fans chanting 'Theres no ******derry in Tyrone' to the young Derry minors when they were walking to their seats in first half of senior game. Was really bad taste IMO. And they wonder why other counties don't like them ::)

'No London in Tyrone'.

Never gets old.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on July 18, 2017, 04:57:37 PM
What about that buckin sound system in Clones. Blastin out some shite whilst the band were doing their parade.

Wouldn't know, the buckin sound system doesn't reach the buckin disabled stand.

Still, gives me an opportunity to post this ;) youtu.be/wQiCvFHPUhE
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 19, 2017, 01:38:28 PM

'No London in Tyrone'.

Never gets old.

There's no London in any other County either yet I've never heard this statement by anyone else other than a Tyronie . . . I know you think people just came up with it out of nowhere but there is a reason why the country hates you!

I still think many would rather see Dublin win another All Ireland than Tyrone!

clarshack

Quote from: sensethetone on July 19, 2017, 01:36:12 PM
Down's first point was wide.

not that it mattered in the end, but Derry's 20th point in the minor game was well wide. 

also in the armagh/tipp game the umpire was going to award armagh a point but hawkeye correctly ruled it out.

umpires need to position themselves better and not just be standing like dummies at the post all the time.

sensethetone

Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2017, 02:13:11 PM

'No London in Tyrone'.

Never gets old.

There's no London in any other County either yet I've never heard this statement by anyone else other than a Tyronie . . . I know you think people just came up with it out of nowhere but there is a reason why the country hates you!

Is the reason we beat ye by 11 points two years on the trot?

shawshank

Things we did before Tyrone, first; won a senior national league, second; won an All Ireland senior title through the front door, third; in Tyrones first back door game ever, we beat you in Clones, precious!!

We set the standards you aspired too.

nrico2006

Quote from: sensethetone on July 19, 2017, 02:49:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2017, 02:13:11 PM

'No London in Tyrone'.

Never gets old.

Is the reason we beat ye by 11 points two years on the trot?

Its actually a compliment to be 'hated'.  Nobody hates Derry simply because youse are dung.  If youse were any use you would have your fair share of critics.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sensethetone

Quote from: shawshank on July 19, 2017, 03:02:03 PM
Things we did before Tyrone, first; won a senior national league, second; won an All Ireland senior title through the front door, third; in Tyrones first back door game ever, we beat you in Clones, precious!!

We set the standards you aspired too.

Can't argue with that, but see if we ever beat Derry and not let them score in the first half yiz will hear about it lol

Walter Cronc

Tramps. We'll be back!