Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: The Trap on July 12, 2017, 08:55:08 PM
I see Dublin and Kildare fans are planning a minutes applause in the 6th minute in memory of Bradley Lowery and to raise awareness for sick children in Ireland too. Could we get this going at the ulster final too?
How about you watch the game and cheer your team on rather than engage in this virtue signalling nonsense?

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 12, 2017, 09:34:25 PM
I see Dublin and Kildare fans are planning a minutes applause in the 6th minute in memory of Bradley Lowery and to raise awareness for sick children in Ireland too. Could we get this going at the ulster final too?
How about you watch the game and cheer your team on rather than engage in this virtue signalling nonsense?

Harsh that!!!! If it helps to raise money & awareness  down the line for children's charities why not?? Children are the life blood of us all, need and deserve everything they can get.

Taylor

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 12, 2017, 09:34:25 PM

Get a life FFS  ::)
If it raises awareness for one sick child or a few extra quid then it's well worth it.

The Trap

Would hardly do any harm and might actually add to the atmosphere.......

Jayop

I have to agree that it's nonsense. Leave that to the soccer lads. The GAA has it's hallowed minutes silence before every game for anything up to the next door neighbour's aunt of some guy who used to play Jr B for his club. Leave the cheering in the game for the actual stuff on the field.

nrico2006

Quote from: Jayop on July 12, 2017, 11:43:28 PM
I have to agree that it's nonsense. Leave that to the soccer lads. The GAA has it's hallowed minutes silence before every game for anything up to the next door neighbour's aunt of some guy who used to play Jr B for his club. Leave the cheering in the game for the actual stuff on the field.
+1
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sensethetone

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 12, 2017, 11:41:11 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2017, 11:29:36 AM
Some crowd heading in from Monaghan town way, and getting away too. Prepare for big delays.

Hard to bate heading over fivemiletown mountain and down through Aughadrumsee. Takes you right up to the ground. Get a sneaky pint and a burger after the game and you've feck all traffic. You even get to stop off at Sean South's memorial and say a wee prayer.

I've been using that road since '96, last year for the Ulster final was a disaster, queued from about 2miles outside Fivemiletown to Clones. Stayed about Clones for a few hours after the match and still queued most of the way back to fivemiletown.

square_ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 12, 2017, 11:51:27 PM
+1

Agreed! I be in shock if there's not a minutes silence these days before a match.

Taylor

The soccer lads have a minute silence as well - best stop that practice too then

The Trap

Some fellas don't have much respect.......there will be a minutes silence for a great Tyrone man on Sunday..Pat Darcy.....is that ok?

omagh_gael

Quote from: sensethetone on July 13, 2017, 08:00:55 AM
Some crowd heading in from Monaghan town way, and getting away too. Prepare for big delays.

Hard to bate heading over fivemiletown mountain and down through Aughadrumsee. Takes you right up to the ground. Get a sneaky pint and a burger after the game and you've feck all traffic. You even get to stop off at Sean South's memorial and say a wee prayer.

I've been using that road since '96, last year for the Ulster final was a disaster, queued from about 2miles outside Fivemiletown to Clones. Stayed about Clones for a few hours after the match and still queued most of the way back to fivemiletown.

Must be those sneaky Donegal ones using our back roads! I missed Ulster final last year due to our many being born a few days before and going to miss it (in person) this year too as the wife got me tickets for Longitude at Christmas. Didn't realise until after the Donegal that the dates clashed. Will have to make do with a pub close to Marlay park.

snoopdog

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 13, 2017, 10:43:37 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on July 13, 2017, 08:00:55 AM

Must be those sneaky Donegal ones using our back roads! I missed Ulster final last year due to our many being born a few days before and going to miss it (in person) this year too as the wife got me tickets for Longitude at Christmas. Didn't realise until after the Donegal that the dates clashed. Will have to make do with a pub close to Marlay park.
The Eden will have it on. Full of Sunday carvery but you should still see it.

Norf Tyrone

Uncovered 'BO ROW F'

Covered 'JC ROW G'

I take it the row numbers in Gerry Arthur start at A and work higher. In other words row F is 6th from pitchside?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 13, 2017, 11:19:48 AM
Uncovered 'BO ROW F'

Covered 'JC ROW G'

I take it the row numbers in Gerry Arthur start at A and work higher. In other words row F is 6th from pitchside?

Yes uncovered BO row f would be 6 rows from the pitch. It would be the second section from the endline close to the o'duffy terrace.

The covered one's are obviously further back in the second half of the stand. They must start with A again for the covered section. I'm not sure you do but if I had the pick of the tickets I'd take the covered ones as further back will give a better view and think J is slightly more central than B.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 13, 2017, 11:29:28 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 13, 2017, 11:19:48 AM
Uncovered 'BO ROW F'

Covered 'JC ROW G'

Yes uncovered BO row f would be 6 rows from the pitch. It would be the second section from the endline close to the o'duffy terrace.

The covered one's are obviously further back in the second half of the stand. They must start with A again for the covered section. I'm not sure you do but if I had the pick of the tickets I'd take the covered ones as further back will give a better view and think J is slightly more central than B.

Thanks
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone