Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: snoopdog on July 12, 2017, 11:58:26 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 12, 2017, 11:06:18 AM
It'll be interesting to see what the referee lets Down away with this weekend. They were lucky enough the last day and got away with a few late hits. I can see Bradley being targeted early. Hoping Tyrone push up on the kickouts again. With the 2 Cavanaghs Donnelly and McCann around that area we should be more than capable of competing. Big day for Conall McCann on Sunday. He did really well against Derry but was quieter the last day.
That's rich considering Tyrone are the most cynical dirty team in the game. The black card was invented because of you boys.

How so?

Redhand Santa

It'll be interesting to see what the referee lets Down away with this weekend. They were lucky enough the last day and got away with a few late hits. I can see Bradley being targeted early. Hoping Tyrone push up on the kickouts again. With the 2 Cavanaghs Donnelly and McCann around that area we should be more than capable of competing. Big day for Conall McCann on Sunday. He did really well against Derry but was quieter the last day.
That's rich considering Tyrone are the most cynical dirty team in the game. The black card was invented because of you boys.

I'd say you will find very little facts to back that up. One of the least cynical best tackling teams in the game.

WT4E

I think you'll fine that what you have said is a common misconception - Black card was already introduced before Big Sean done what any other right minded player would have done to McManus!!!!

WT4E

Whilst starting to think about this new Down tactic of being a dirty shower - I wondered out of the Tyrone team who are the lads I would count on to mix with it - open to correction (more than I thought actually)

1 – Niall Morgan – Just a keeper prob not but is a bit crazy
2 – Aidan McCrory – Don't think so
3 – Ronan McNamee – Most definitely
4 – Pádraig Hampsey – Capable I'd say
5 – Tiernan McCann – No way - wouldn't wanna spoil that tan
6 – Rory Brennan – unsure - prob not
7 – Peter Harte – not in his nature
8 – Colm Cavanagh – most definitely
9 – Conall McCann  –possibly
10 – Kieran McGeary – unsure
11 – Niall Sludden – most definitely
12 – Conor Meyler – prob not but he is ginger
13 – Mark Bradley – no way
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – doesn't get involved
15 – Matthew Donnelly – probably - bit like ivan drago
20 - Cathal McCarron - Most definitely
22 - Darren McCurry - not a chance - no interest in boxing just interested in not passing
25 - David Mulgrew - Young but looks like he could get involved

OgraAnDun

The Cavanaghs are too busy falling over at the slightest sign of contact to 'mix it' like those dirty Down hallions.

omaghjoe

Quote from: WT4E on July 12, 2017, 01:34:00 PM
Whilst starting to think about this new Down tactic of being a dirty shower - I wondered out of the Tyrone team who are the lads I would count on to mix with it - open to correction (more than I thought actually)

1 – Niall Morgan – Just a keeper prob not but is a bit crazy
2 – Aidan McCrory – Don't think so
3 – Ronan McNamee – Most definitely
4 – Pádraig Hampsey – Capable I'd say
5 – Tiernan McCann – No way - wouldn't wanna spoil that tan
6 – Rory Brennan – unsure - prob not
7 – Peter Harte – not in his nature
8 – Colm Cavanagh – most definitely
9 – Conall McCann  –possibly
10 – Kieran McGeary – unsure
11 – Niall Sludden – most definitely
12 – Conor Meyler – prob not but he is ginger
13 – Mark Bradley – no way
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – doesn't get involved
15 – Matthew Donnelly – probably - bit like ivan drago
20 - Cathal McCarron - Most definitely
22 - Darren McCurry - not a chance - no interest in boxing just interested in not passing
25 - David Mulgrew - Young but looks like he could get involved

Hampsey is obviously the lad youd want getting stuck in if a row broke out but the problem with boxers is that they can be too disciplined for that crack.

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2017, 11:02:54 AM
The bastketbally one. Thin lad, holds on to it too long.

For me he typifies Down's cockiness and must be crushed

imtommygunn

When did down become a dirty team??  I must have missed that one.

Jayop

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 12, 2017, 05:24:09 PM

They skated close to the edge and over it a few times against Monaghan, but nothing I'd be giving out too much about. Monaghan dish out enough themselves to be deserving of getting it back when it happens.

imtommygunn

omaghjoe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 12, 2017, 05:24:09 PM

First I mind of it was 91 when they outdirtied the dirtiest team in history and even managed to cripple poor ole Mick Lyons

Jayop

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 12, 2017, 05:32:04 PM
Exactly... As do tyrone!

The person who said they were dirty was a down man being sarcastic. A tyrone man was saying they got a away with a few late hits and asked how the ref would view those. I'd hardly say there was too much wrong with that.

imtommygunn

It was actually a tyrone man if you read back.

Anyway not many clean teams in the latter stages of the championship.

snoopdog

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 12, 2017, 06:03:36 PM
It was actually a tyrone man if you read back.

Anyway not many clean teams in the latter stages of the championship.
The only reason Armagh are still there. That we can agree on.

The Trap

I see Dublin and Kildare fans are planning a minutes applause in the 6th minute in memory of Bradley Lowery and to raise awareness for sick children in Ireland too. Could we get this going at the ulster final too?