Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davitt Man

Stagmeister clear off back to sligo will ya!!

Stagmeister

Moy Davitts shag rabbits!!!

Davitt Man

Stagmeister feck off back to ballymote will ya, ye wouldnt touch Moy Davitts any day

StoneWall

www.mayogaa.com has been updated with the championship fixtures...

Senior Championship
Group A

Saturday 28th July at 7pm
Ballaghadereen v Garrymore
Shrule/Glencorrib v Claremorris

Group B
Sunday 29th July at 2pm
Ballina v Westport

Saturday July 28th at 7pm
Charlestown v Louisburgh

Group C
Crossmolina v Burrishoole

Sunday 29th July at 2pm
Ballinrobe v Moy Davitts

Group D
Sunday 22th July at 2:30pm
Tourmakeady v Castlebar Mitchels
Knockmore v Breaffy

Sunday 29th July at 4pm
Castlebar v Knockmore

Sunday July 29th at 2pm
Breaffy v Kiltane

Intermediate
Group A

Kilmenna v Belmullet

Sunday July 29th at 2pm
Kiltmagh v Cill Chomain

Group B
Bonnicolon v Swinford

Sunday July 29th at 2pm
Ballintubber v Hollymount

Group C
Ballyhaunis v Davitts
Kilmaine v Mayo Gaels

Group D
Parke v Ballina B

Sunday July 29th at 4pm
Aghamore v Crossmolina B

Moose

Sligo win one Connaught Championship and their supporters feel they can come on the Mayo discussion board insulting fine successful all conquering clubs such as Moy Davitts, shocking stuff. There's only one true great footballer in Mayo called McD and I know who he is.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Moose on July 20, 2007, 10:36:21 AM
Sligo win one Connaught Championship and their supporters feel they can come on the Mayo discussion board insulting fine successful all conquering clubs such as Moy Davitts, shocking stuff. There's only one true great footballer in Mayo called McD and I know who he is.
You know who he is Moose!!!

Davitt Man

Quote from: StoneWall on July 20, 2007, 09:57:44 AM
www.mayogaa.com has been updated with the championship fixtures...

[

I thought all final round fixtures in each group would have to be played at the same time as so not to have any possible match fixing going on

Fishead_Sam

Just back from a rain drenched Tourmakeady, poor game, but the weather was a major reason for that. Id say there was an attendance of max 120 in the stand and about 20 or so cars with people watching from inside those cars. Well the Final score was Castlebar Mitchells 1.08 Tourmakeady 1.04. I really can only write from a Mitchells perspective because I don't know many of the Masksiders players. Well the first half was a complete farce, largely due to the amount of rain. Mitchells conceded an early goal due to a little bit of confusion in the defence and I think it was Rory O'Grady who got knocked down. Mitchells responded not long after with a goal of their own. The last 15 minutes of the first half result in just one score that from Tourmakeady. The sides went in @ half time Mitchells 1.02 Tourmakeady 1.01, not really much more you can say about the first half.

Second half started with the rain thankfully saying its goodbyes and Mitchells picked it up a gear or two, Tourmakeady couldn't live with them in the second half, scoring only twice more with alot of wides, compared to the more frugal Mitchells who scored 6 in the second. Barry Moran did not start, coming on in the second half to go in at full forward. In my opinion it wasn't working the best, and he was brought back to his more traditional role of midfield where he faired alot better. Ciaran Breathnach was given a lifeline of an easy free for Tourmakeady late on, it may have swung the momentum back in the South Mayo clubs favour but he missed what has to be said an easy free. From what the local lads behind me where saying, it was his wrong side. Also Prendergast had a steady game @ number 6 for Tuar Mhic. The best of the Mitchells where Rory O'Grady, Barry Moran, Richie Feeney & Sean Ryder.

intoDwest

How did the Knockmore game go, and does anyone know how the table looks?

Fishead_Sam

I think Knockmore won by 6

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 22, 2007, 05:28:52 PM
Just back from a rain drenched Tourmakeady, poor game, but the weather was a major reason for that. Id say there was an attendance of max 120 in the stand and about 20 or so cars with people watching from inside those cars. Well the Final score was Castlebar Mitchells 1.08 Tourmakeady 1.04. I really can only write from a Mitchells perspective because I don't know many of the Masksiders players. Well the first half was a complete farce, largely due to the amount of rain. Mitchells conceded an early goal due to a little bit of confusion in the defence and I think it was Rory O'Grady who got knocked down. Mitchells responded not long after with a goal of their own. The last 15 minutes of the first half result in just one score that from Tourmakeady. The sides went in @ half time Mitchells 1.02 Tourmakeady 1.01, not really much more you can say about the first half.

Second half started with the rain thankfully saying its goodbyes and Mitchells picked it up a gear or two, Tourmakeady couldn't live with them in the second half, scoring only twice more with alot of wides, compared to the more frugal Mitchells who scored 6 in the second. Barry Moran did not start, coming on in the second half to go in at full forward. In my opinion it wasn't working the best, and he was brought back to his more traditional role of midfield where he faired alot better. Ciaran Breathnach was given a lifeline of an easy free for Tourmakeady late on, it may have swung the momentum back in the South Mayo clubs favour but he missed what has to be said an easy free. From what the local lads behind me where saying, it was his wrong side. Also Prendergast had a steady game @ number 6 for Tuar Mhic. The best of the Mitchells where Rory O'Grady, Barry Moran, Richie Feeney & Sean Ryder.

After no winter break from football and a small squad,we just can not compete with the big boys.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on July 23, 2007, 12:43:56 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 22, 2007, 05:28:52 PM

After no winter break from football and a small squad,we just can not compete with the big boys.

Gaeilgoir you a Tuar Mhic Eadaigh man? What did you think of the game from your side, while Mitchells dominated the second half, your shooting was what let ye down, had ye converted them (very difficult conditions) ye had a great chance.

So whats left in the group Mitchells V Knockmore in McHale Park & Breaffy V Kiltane, I think the winners of both matches are gauranteed to go through, draws is where it gets more complicated, anyone know in more detail?

StoneWall

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 23, 2007, 01:05:10 PM
So whats left in the group Mitchells V Knockmore in McHale Park & Breaffy V Kiltane, I think the winners of both matches are gauranteed to go through, draws is where it gets more complicated, anyone know in more detail?

If teams finish level it goes down to points difference. Here's the Group D table...

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t3.php?leaguetable=1&report=1&reporttype=results&compid=3523&countyid=21&club_id=&sportid=1

As far as I know two teams get relegated from senior this year so Tourmakeady will be under pressure.

Davitt Man

there are currently 17 senior c\ship teams so if 2 go down will that mean only 1 team will come up so that would even up the groups and leave it at 16 for next year.

Is the league format changing for next year, does anyone know?

intoDwest

Its a pity we haven't Breaffy in Bangor............................it could be all over for the season now. and a possible relagation from the league to top it all off.