St.Brigids V Nemo Rangers

Started by ross4life, February 24, 2011, 02:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Already a thread on the other semi Crokes v Cross so here goes...

St.Brigids V Nemo Rangers Saturday 230pm in Limerick.

Personally i feel this will be bridge too far for Brigids vs vastly experienced side, of course the long break hasn't help the Rossies but i'm sure they will give a good account of themselves & who knows they may pull off a shock?

Best of luck St.Brigids the whole of Roscommon are behind you!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ross4life on February 24, 2011, 02:35:23 PM
Already a thread on the other semi Crokes v Cross so here goes...

St.Brigids V Nemo Rangers Saturday 230pm in Limerick.

Personally i feel this will be bridge too far for Brigids vs vastly experienced side, of course the long break hasn't help the Rossies but i'm sure they will give a good account of themselves & who knows they may pull off a shock?

Best of luck St.Brigids the whole of Roscommon are behind you!

I doubt it! I always get the impression Brigid's are the Man U of Roscommon football, incredibly successful but jealously normally follows. Best of luck to them though - and I actually do mean that!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ross4life

Yes in the Roscommon championship some jealously follows them but whenever a Roscommon team get out of Connacht the rivals stand a side (i seen it with Clann na nGael in the 80s & seeing the same with Brigids now)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tatler Jack

QuoteI doubt it! I always get the impression Brigid's are the Man U of Roscommon football, incredibly successful but jealously normally follows. Best of luck to them though - and I actually do mean that!

Brigids will have a lot more Ros support than Nemo will have Cork support. The level of jealousy towards Nemo is incredible. I was talking to a few Cork fellows from different clubs the evening of the Crokes game and was commenting on how brilliant Nemo were in the first half. I quickly realised my praise was going down badly and most of them would have been happier had Nemo lost. Never saw that in Ros and even when Ros Gaels were representing the county in the 70s they got great support even though theywould not have been the most popular within the county.

Anyway good luck to Brigids on Sunday - feel it will be close enough and if they don't allow Nemo to dominate midfield as they did in the first half v Crokes then they have a reasonable chance.

Rossfan

Best of luck also from me to the Kiltoom/Cam boys.
They are up against but what other way would it be in an All Irl Semi.
Like Ross4life I fear it may be a bridge too far.
All we can ask is that they give it their best shot and have no regrets walking off the field.
Still I'd love an oul' trip to Croker ar Lá 'le Pádraig to see our County Champions and I'm hopeful.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Best of luck to Brigids - hope they do themsevles and the west proud.
Would be great to see the Green and Red in Croke Park on All-Ireland final day again  ;)
It doesn't seem to curse club teams the same way as it does county teams!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Best of luck to the men from the West.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

gaagaa

i hope i'm wrong but i think this will be a real hammering :-\

spuds

Quote from: gaagaa on February 24, 2011, 09:41:56 PM
i hope i'm wrong but i think this will be a real hammering :-\

I think this will be a close one, Brigids are a seasoned team with a lot of quality and proven footballers. If Kerrigan can be stopped from getting running would be worth a punt on the westies.
Best of luck to the Connacht reps.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ballinaman

Best of luck St. Brigids. Would be great if someone could get an approx number of Nemo supporters who attend the game. I counted about 60-ish for the All Ireland semi in Ennis a few years back. Shocking.

macdanger2

Limerick seems to be somewhat of an advantage to Cork, thought Ennis would have been more like halfway.

Best of luck to the dirty Rossies

shark

Quote from: ballinaman on February 24, 2011, 10:59:08 PM
Best of luck St. Brigids. Would be great if someone could get an approx number of Nemo supporters who attend the game. I counted about 60-ish for the All Ireland semi in Ennis a few years back. Shocking.

Believe it or not but Nemo are not actually that big a club membership-wise. In saying that, there were definitely more than 60 there that day. I was sat among quite a few of them. They might not have been instantly recognisable as they didn't shout too much. But then again they had the game won after 20 mins.

ballinaman

Quote from: shark on February 25, 2011, 12:13:32 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 24, 2011, 10:59:08 PM

Believe it or not but Nemo are not actually that big a club membership-wise. In saying that, there were definitely more than 60 there that day. I was sat among quite a few of them. They might not have been instantly recognisable as they didn't shout too much. But then again they had the game won after 20 mins.
OK, 60 was a bit of an under estimate.300 max though I'd say. I sat amongst a good few of them in croker against St Vincents at the final, very watery set of supporters it's got to be said.

Canalman

Contrary to popular rural opinion , city based clubs are not widely followed in the community. A smaller, possibly more intense passion , but not the bigger crowds (%wise) a rural club attracts to the big games.

Hardy

Very one-sided here. Nobody supporting Nemo? Come on lads - the FF leader is a member!