Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2018, 11:10:24 PM
Quote from: Double D on November 04, 2018, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 04, 2018, 10:15:57 PM
Quote from: Double D on November 04, 2018, 10:03:58 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 04, 2018, 09:56:11 PM
Lucky enough to come away with a draw up in Aghyaran today but it's never an easy place to go. Aghyaran up by 7 with 15 to go and had they not been as cynical they likely would have beaten us. They continually fouled by any means any time we got a run on them. Apparently the replays next Sunday up in Aghyaran again. Surely that can't be right?

Since when did they stop playing extra time in these games?

The logical reason would be it would have given Aghyaran an unfair advantage before we had a chance to have the replay in Pomeroy. Still can't see the replay being in Aghyaran, doesn't seem right.

But surely the idea is to give Aghyaran the advantage as they finished higher in the league so why should that be taken away?
remember years ago think 2010 we played aghyaran in relegation playoff up their and it was a draw. Went to replay in gortin nor sure why. Would it be a neutral venue again?
When Eskra and Kileeshil drew a few weeks ago, the replay was refixed for Eskra again.

OurKid

Lough vs Dungannon should be an easy win for the clarkes feel like they should have too much for a young side like the lough. Dont think loughmacrory would be able to cope with div 1 , especially that young grimes lad a big player for them but wouldn't be able to act the big man like he does in div 2.

BIGONE

Why did young O'Hagon not play for the Fianna on Saturday night??

redhandofgod

Lucky enough to come away with a draw up in Aghyaran today but it's never an easy place to go. Aghyaran up by 7 with 15 to go and had they not been as cynical they likely would have beaten us. They continually fouled by any means any time we got a run on them. Apparently the replays next Sunday up in Aghyaran again. Surely that can't be right?

The logical reason would be it would have given Aghyaran an unfair advantage before we had a chance to have the replay in Pomeroy. Still can't see the replay being in Aghyaran, doesn't seem right.

But surely the idea is to give Aghyaran the advantage as they finished higher in the league so why should that be taken away?
Surely they lose that advantage having not won, otherwise why not play extra time? if it finishes a draw the next day, do they continue to go back to aghyaran?

Gaafan2

They've already had their advantage yesterday. Surely it should now either be in Pomeroy or a neutral venue.

Using your logic, surely Loughmacrory should be playing Dungannon at home seeing they finished higher in the league?

The eskra/Killeshill replay was refixed for Eskra as Killeshill requested the game be switched from Sunday to Saturday. Killeshill agreed to forfeiting home advantage.

Double D

Quote from: redhandofgod on November 05, 2018, 09:29:08 AM

Surely they lose that advantage having not won, otherwise why not play extra time? if it finishes a draw the next day, do they continue to go back to aghyaran?

This is why i thought extra time would and should have been played on the original fixture. I would imagine it would now go to extra tine the next day if it ended a draw again?

Double D

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 05, 2018, 09:40:33 AM

They've already had their advantage yesterday. Surely it should now either be in Pomeroy or a neutral venue.

Using your logic, surely Loughmacrory should be playing Dungannon at home seeing they finished higher in the league?

The eskra/Killeshill replay was refixed for Eskra as Killeshill requested the game be switched from Sunday to Saturday. Killeshill agreed to forfeiting home advantage.

Well no that wouldn't be the case with my logic as i was referring to the 1st round if playoff games rather than the division decider, as it has always been set out that the division decider is neutral, same way the division 1/division 2 game is neutral.

Simple amswer was to play extra time on the 1st fixture when Aghyaran had their home advantage. Neutral venue be a good solution for the replay as see no reason why Pomeroy should now have home advantage

redhandofgod

Quote from: Double D on November 05, 2018, 09:51:58 AM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 05, 2018, 09:40:33 AM

Well no that wouldn't be the case with my logic as i was referring to the 1st round if playoff games rather than the division decider, as it has always been set out that the division decider is neutral, same way the division 1/division 2 game is neutral.

Simple amswer was to play extra time on the 1st fixture when Aghyaran had their home advantage. Neutral venue be a good solution for the replay as see no reason why Pomeroy should now have home advantage
I would say that neutral venue is the logical outcome when they didn't play extra time yesterday.

omagh_gael

Quote from: OurKid on November 05, 2018, 02:29:30 AM
Lough vs Dungannon should be an easy win for the clarkes feel like they should have too much for a young side like the lough. Dont think loughmacrory would be able to cope with div 1 , especially that young grimes lad a big player for them but wouldn't be able to act the big man like he does in div 2.

Did he ruffle your feathers. OurKid?

I'd say we've a decent shot in this game but no matter what it's been a very good season only being beat twice with a very young team.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: rrhf on November 04, 2018, 07:25:05 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 02, 2018, 10:20:10 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 01, 2018, 11:10:13 AM
Aside from manager salarys. I know the season is yet to be finished but have any managers parted company with their club already? Not sure on Munroes stance with Carmen if i'm honest.. Be surprised if he's chooses to continue into next year!

I believe Raymond has stepped down stating time commitment as the reason.  Not sure who will get the job know but i do thing we should keep it in house.  Big rebuilding process required so time has to be given to whoever gets it.  The youth is there so i am optimistic.
Cassidy would be in the crosshairs no doubt.

No chance. Carmen are going internal again. The current committee are not fans of external men it seems. I only hope the new guy stays a few years instead of guys leaving after one year.

TyroneOnlooker

Errigal v Omagh league final - Errigal seemed to have been the more impressive of the two and i expect them to secure their second league title in a row. Not the title they'd want at the start of the year but probably the most consistent team of the year and just lost out narrowly to Coalisland. They'll still think there's a championship in this team.

Pomeroy v Aghyaran goes to a replay - surprised at this given McNamee wasn't playing. Did Frank Burns play for Pomeroy, didn't see his name in any reports. On paper Pomeroy should win this but they've been poor all year and I actually think Aghyaran might squeeze through.

Loughmacrory v Dungannon - the clarkes look like they had the more impressive win up in Gortin but the lough won't fear them. Will be a tight affair and may be a year too soon for Loughmacrory.

Kildress v Beragh - Kildress were surprisingly comfortable winners over Aghaloo which many wouldn't have predicted based on form. Might give them the boost they need to stave off relegation.

Disappointing result for Coalisland on Saturday. Would love a tyrone club to have made a decent run but again we fail to make any real impact on Ulster.

smort

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 05, 2018, 11:02:10 AM
Quote from: OurKid on November 05, 2018, 02:29:30 AM

Did he ruffle your feathers. OurKid?

I'd say we've a decent shot in this game but no matter what it's been a very good season only being beat twice with a very young team.

This is the problem with naming people on here; I suspect ourkid could be getting mixed up in his loughmacrory players. it wasnt who you named that has taken up a number of pages in this thread

skeog

Coalisland doing some crying about pitch ref etc.

OurKid

Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
Think it's well justified to be honest , was at the game myself pitch wasn't too bad but ref wasn't great now. Out of his depth to put it nicely , thought coalisland did well to stay in the game? Big pete donnelly done that well he could have saved a PDF file on a calculator. Unlucky result if I'm honest but well done to cross good outfit.

Localexpert

Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2018, 04:16:19 PM

Surely this discussion board is for opinions so I just gave mine up to you to agree or disagree.  Interesting to see in the paper today the first line to describe the refs performance was "oh dear!"