The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: gawa316 on September 18, 2019, 03:35:58 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 18, 2019, 02:32:28 PM
Andy Robertson has closed down his social media over abuse last night. Beggars belief.

Tramps.

On the game, never nice to lose especially one through a dodgey pen but in the grand scheme of things we are going to lose games from time to time. I'd far rather lose this type of game, we're we can make it up, than say in the league, we're we've seen that losing one game can lose you the league.

Definitely. We'll have an opportunity to right this but I don't think we'll get many let offs in the league. I'm sure our 100% record won't last much longer.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

laoislad

Quote from: supersub on September 18, 2019, 12:30:59 PM
I'm sure we'll get a few debatable decisions our way throughout the season. Don't lose too much sleep over it men.
I'm sure we will but I thought VAR was supposed to stop the majority of the bad calls. It was a pretty obvious dive, the peno won the game for them.
Anyway the result isn't the end of the world, last time we lost at Napoli the season turned out ok!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2019, 04:12:08 PM
I checked it again on the bbc website and it was a 2-0 defeat. So if you take the very soft penalty out, that's still a defeat.

So the second goal was NOT influenced by what went before?

It was inevitable?

Boycey

I've been a strong opponent of VAR on here since it was implemented but anyone knowing how it works should know that once that was given it wouldn't be overruled?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2019, 05:39:06 PM
I checked it again on the bbc website and it was a 2-0 defeat. So if you take the very soft penalty out, that's still a defeat.

It was inevitable?

No, but the score was 2-0. The second goal came about from a mistake had nothing to do with the penalty. Talking about the penalty as if it was the reason why Liverpool were beaten takes away how well the Italians defended against a quality front 3.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Boycey on September 18, 2019, 06:01:42 PM
I've been a strong opponent of VAR on here since it was implemented but anyone knowing how it works should know that once that was given it wouldn't be overruled?
The ref is one of the best in the game today and was perfectly positioned to make his decision, it looked like a penalty to him. I think it's okay that VAR would not overrule the ref unless there was clear evidence of no contact. 

Boycey

Quote from: Main Street on September 18, 2019, 06:52:20 PM
The ref is one of the best in the game today and was perfectly positioned to make his decision, it looked like a penalty to him. I think it's okay that VAR would not overrule the ref unless there was clear evidence of no contact.

That's the one! The clip shown on this thread suggests there is no contact (suits the narrative) other angles show there was contact on the thigh. It's a VERY soft penalty in my eyes but once given it shouldn't be disallowed, the point of VAR is to overturn clear and obvious errors this isn't one.

Main Street

Quote from: Boycey on September 18, 2019, 06:59:23 PM

That's the one! The clip shown on this thread suggests there is no contact (suits the narrative) other angles show there was contact on the thigh. It's a VERY soft penalty in my eyes but once given it shouldn't be disallowed, the point of VAR is to overturn clear and obvious errors this isn't one.
Agreed.

laoislad

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 18, 2019, 11:19:18 AM
whats the point in VAR when it cant over turn a clear dive liverpool poor away form in CL same as Red Star last year.
That's twice now in a few days VAR hasn't really gone for Liverpool with a clear peno for a foul on Matip against Newcastle not given and a clear and obvious dive not given last night.
Hopefully bounce back against Chelsea at the weekend.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Whose fault was the contact though?

The man was already in full swan dive! ;D

RedHand88

Andy Robertson has had to delete his Twitter.

People are nuts.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2019, 06:32:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2019, 05:39:06 PM

It was inevitable?

No, but the score was 2-0. The second goal came about from a mistake had nothing to do with the penalty. Talking about the penalty as if it was the reason why Liverpool were beaten takes away how well the Italians defended against a quality front 3.

Come on. The penalty was the decisive score. The second goal came in injury time when Liverpool were pretty much desperate. There was nothing to suggest a goal was inevitable for Napoli and would have come no matter what. Liverpool were as likely to score up to that point.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2019, 11:50:12 PM

Whose fault was the contact though?

The man was already in full swan dive! ;D
No, there is an evident difference between a Salah swan dive (a real swan dive) and that soft penalty, an incident clearly seen by one of the top refs in the game.

TabClear

Disappointing performance on Tuesday but as already been said iif we were going to lose one I would rather it was that than say Newcastle. As far as the penalty goes I do not think it was a penalty but I can see why it was given and in those circumstances VAR wont overrule. Salah has got a couple for similar incidents in the past. Suck it up and move on.

The front three were unusually sloppy, the pass Mane play to (or vaguely in the direction of) Salah was a masssive opportunity plus the fingertip save from the keeper.

Napoli are a decent outfit and Koulibaly is a great player. Surprised he has not been sold.

supersarsfields