Ashers cake controversy.

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2014, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Pub Bore

They haven't a prayer.  Actually it's worse than that, they don't have a hope in hell.

red hander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2015, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: GJL on May 28, 2015, 11:25:32 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32913283

Prayerful consideration!! I'm starting to think this is all about advertising/publicity and getting the 'Brand' Ashers out there... would like to know whether their profits have increased over this period

Indeed, but on a positive note, there'll be lots more pictures of the dutiful (and beautiful) wife splashed all over the papers, which is all right by an atheist like me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on May 29, 2015, 04:45:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2015, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: GJL on May 28, 2015, 11:25:32 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32913283

Prayerful consideration!! I'm starting to think this is all about advertising/publicity and getting the 'Brand' Ashers out there... would like to know whether their profits have increased over this period

Indeed, but on a positive note, there'll be lots more pictures of the dutiful (and beautiful) wife splashed all over the papers, which is all right by an atheist like me

I'm all for christians and the like but by f**k in this place they like to ram it down your throat.... Christianity that is... Which works against them.... All that crap love thy neighbour crap!! Everyone is equal under god... Except gays/lesbians and the adulterous
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gabriel_Hurl

T Fearon

I feel sorry for Ashers and applaud them for standing up for their beliefs.Gay marriage is contrary to Christian teaching so how can Christians be reasonably expected to endorse it in any way shape or form?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 24, 2016, 01:46:41 PM
I feel sorry for Ashers and applaud them for standing up for their beliefs.Gay marriage is contrary to Christian teaching so how can Christians be reasonably expected to endorse it in any way shape or form?

No gays have been stoned to death, nor any adulterers either, thus there must be no Christians who follow Scripture in the Western World.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2016, 01:49:14 PM

No gays have been stoned to death, nor any adulterers either, thus there must be no Christians who follow Scripture in the Western World.
Muppet be careful there. You do havé a good few members getting stoned at the weekend .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on October 24, 2016, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2016, 01:49:14 PM

Muppet be careful there. You do havé a good few members getting stoned at the weekend .

True.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

It's not an endorsement... A business (Businesses cannot be CHristian btw) were asked to carry out a business function and failed to do so on the grounds of discrimination! QED

T Fearon

How can a Christian who runs a business be expected to engage in any business transaction that endorses practices that are contrary to Christian teaching?

pearseog

Always thought this was an interesting case. Feel some degree of sympathy with them in that I'm sure they would have provided a cake with no slogan. It was the message they had the issue with.

It wouldn't be custom I'd turn down but I can see where they are coming from.