Nicky Rackard Cup

Started by Saffron exile, May 01, 2007, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof98

I think Armagh will have too much in the tank for Tyrone, but Coulter is struggling with a dead leg and would like to see how Armagh coped without him.

the game was originally scheduled for Cross, has it beed switched to Keady and at what time.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Billys Boots

QuoteLongford who beat Leitrim last week but lost the Leinster Shield final to Down Juniors

That was after a replay, after dominating (apparently) the game in Tullamore (conceded a last minute goal - that I did see), and I think we beat Donegal in the League, so I'd expect it to be closer than was predicted.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SimpleSimon

Spirit, I was led to believe Armagh played without declan Coulter last week as well. So it shouldn't be the shock to them you are suggesting. I have no doubt a few of the other forwards will step up and do their bit.
But you never know declan could be available yet!

Match is in keady at 7pm, arrive early to avoid the ques! I think anyone around should go and see the game. Might even turn up myself :)

neilthemac

Roscommon have no outside players on the panel

SimpleSimon

Any results through from today?

SimpleSimon

Armagh best Tyrone by 10 points, don't know the score in what was a lot tighter game than the winning margin would suggest.

Saffron exile

Was at the game in keady. armagh won 3-13 to 1-9 not 2-13. Good ole Aertel has Donegal beating Longford by four. anyone know which it is? My bet is the simpletons in Aertel have got it wrong again.

corn02

Was there much of a crowd in Keady?

SimpleSimon

From what I know ger rogan is not the manager, he's a selector. Mattie lennon is the manager. I think you under estimated the crowd, there was closer to 200! Exile how come you were at the armagh match?

Saffron exile

Was on the way back from Antrim game and thought I would see what sort of standard Armagh were at. Apologies to Aertel and demerit to Setanta for getting the Longford/Donegal game wrong (Donegal won by four). coverage of Rackard games seems to have slipped badly in the Indo this year, with just a cursory "round-up".

Spiritof98

I was at the Armagh game on Saturday, although a convincing score line, Armagh were not worth a 10 point victory. A scrapy performance i thought with the forwards, although showing glimpses of skill did not function as a unit. The Ref contributed to the stop start nature of the game with a lot of hop balls and petty frees given in the tackle. A win is a win though. Paul McCormack was a class act at Centre back.

rolloutking

As you were at the game Spirit did you notice the crowd of young hooligans beside the changing rooms taking bets on scores and misses in the game. This is discraceful for an amater sport and i heard that a large sum of money changed hands with people betting on the outcome of Ryan Gaffneys penalty.  ;)

SimpleSimon

Hooligans!! Why what did they do? I too was at the game but this is the first I have heard of this. I don't are how these actions caused anyone any harm, though not exactly showing much faith in the players involved.

Spiritof98

Quote from: rolloutking on July 02, 2007, 07:08:31 PM
As you were at the game Spirit did you notice the crowd of young hooligans beside the changing rooms taking bets on scores and misses in the game. This is discraceful for an amater sport and i heard that a large sum of money changed hands with people betting on the outcome of Ryan Gaffneys penalty.  ;)

Well ROK, I'll get my quid back don't worry.

Saffron exile

Apparently the quarter-finals of the Rackard Cup are an open draw. Does that mean teams from the same group qualifying could play each other. Would say the other six teams would be hoping for an Armagh v Roscommon quarter-final.