All-Stars 2023

Started by Blowitupref, July 18, 2023, 11:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Fenton surely. His average is better than most. He was pure class v Monaghan in the second half when the Dubs needed it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

He played like, 15mins, he's been fairly poor, all year.

Wildweasel74

McGuigan be on it, he's had 1 bad game all year, suprise it was against Clare. Top scorer in the championship.

ONeill

McGuigan definitely. Rogers deserves one too but I can see a midfielder being named at 10-12 to accommodate the Kerry and Dub lads.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh18

Quote from: manwithnoplan on July 19, 2023, 06:20:20 PM
Aidan Forker deserves a nomination in my opinion, been his best season in years.
Yeah him and Murnin for us had very good years. McGuigan would have to be nailed on imo.

I'd say that fella Clifford will get one as well, wonder what odds are on him?

PMG1

I would think McEvoy would be in with a great shout for young player of the year

Walter Cronc

Quote from: PMG1 on July 20, 2023, 01:29:11 AM
I would think McEvoy would be in with a great shout for young player of the year

100% deserves it. A class act. Don't think Kerry or Dublin have any young lads to get it? Unless Lee Gannon is that young?

imtommygunn

The criteria for "young" is pretty broad from memory. I would say Gannon would qualify for it too and he's a good one but McEvoy definitely should be right up there with the best of them.

statto

Quote from: Brendan on July 19, 2023, 09:50:37 PM
How do you pick 3 full forwards so many outstanding ones this year, but given the usual understanding that all stars only come from the final 4 the likes of Canavan and a few of the Mayo lads who had good years, leaves McGuigan, Costello, Basquel, Callaghan, Clifford, McManus
Clifford the stand out obviously.  McGuigan while quiet in quarter final think should get one.  Con for me still not at the peak of his powers but expect him to have big say in the final him vs Foley should be great battle, Basquel was a non event in semi final will need to have a good final to justify one given how Costello carried Dubs in first half against Monaghan would have him ahead of Basquel at the moment.  McManus was a sub most of the year, unbelievable player but not in the conversation for me.  If he was to get one be more for his services over a prolonged period than his input this year. 

twohands!!!

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 20, 2023, 09:01:54 AM
The criteria for "young" is pretty broad from memory. I would say Gannon would qualify for it too and he's a good one but McEvoy definitely should be right up there with the best of them.

I think it's still U21. Not 100%

Should be U23 in my opinion as there's been a few years lately where there has only been a very limited pick of eligible players.

PMG1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 20, 2023, 07:23:14 AM

100% deserves it. A class act. Don't think Kerry or Dublin have any young lads to get it? Unless Lee Gannon is that young?
[/quote}
Honestly tho k they should have put him on Clifford rather than McKaigue, reckon he would have done a better job. Going to be a top class player by the look of it

tbrick18

100%
He's been unreal this year and nothing has phased him in terms of who he has had to mark.
He gets forward too. Has to be in with a good chance of getting young player award.

Wildweasel74

By the time you finished, young player of the year be near Mid 20's. Lol

Gael85

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 20, 2023, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 20, 2023, 09:01:54 AM

I think it's still U21. Not 100%

Should be U23 in my opinion as there's been a few years lately where there has only been a very limited pick of eligible players.

Lee is 23

North Man

The Murdock U20 player also played senior for Down and is apparently highly rated.
He may be nominated but I don't think there is any one around that is up to the standard Mc Evoy has set this year.