The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

Conor Bradley put injured which could be a factor in why Trent is back at right back, Bradley had a great season at Bolton last year

jcpen

Quote from: PMG1 on August 03, 2023, 10:52:25 AM
Conor Bradley put injured which could be a factor in why Trent is back at right back, Bradley had a great season at Bolton last year
Can he still play for the Republic or is it too late?
This is one of my 3 usernames.

PMG1

Quote from: jcpen on August 03, 2023, 10:58:23 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on August 03, 2023, 10:52:25 AM
Can he still play for the Republic or is it too late?
Too late now I would think

Armamike

As things stand without any additions who can slot right in, it looks like it will be an inconsistent topsy turvy season ahead.  The energy and tempo should be a lot better but just too much fragility at the back to be competing again. Without any defensive  signings, the season will hinge largely on keeping Konate fit for long periods.  Can't see that being the case given his record.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

He's 100% correct. Liverpool have shifted a huge amount from their salary budget. Stop skimping over a couple of million and give Southampton what they transparently say they want for the player  before someone else does.

trailer

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2023, 03:41:03 PM
He's 100% correct. Liverpool have shifted a huge amount from their salary budget. Stop skimping over a couple of million and give Southampton what they transparently say they want for the player  before someone else does.

In all seriousness Liverpool aren't good in the transfer market the same way they were 6 or 7 seasons ago. Difficult to get back into top 4 on the business that they have done so far.

Armamike

gawa316

MacAllister was a great deal and dealt with very efficiently, what our transfer team is known for. But since Henderson and Fab have left, it seems things have stalled. Even if players come in now, they have missed pre-season and will need time to adjust.

The title of this thread may be best left as is!

A worrying thing from preseason is the continued goals conceded from balls over the top and down the channels. You'd think they would have sorted something out by now. On the plus side the front 5 look immense and I'd even throw Doak in there. He looks like a gem.

J70

Yes, they clearly were not expecting the Fabinho-Henderson moves.

I know business is business, but FSG have done very well out of their dealings with Southampton. Just get the deal done and get another defender in.

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2023, 06:33:55 PM

I know business is business, but FSG have done very well out of their dealings with Southampton. Just get the deal done and get another defender in.

Fabio Carvalho is also out on loan, strange decision considering how scarce they are for midfielders..

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2023, 11:47:46 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2023, 06:33:55 PM

Fabio Carvalho is also out on loan, strange decision considering how scarce they are for midfielders..

He's not the kind of midfielder that's needed. Need defensive midfielders. Well stocked in attacking options.

Armamike

Quote from: gawa316 on August 08, 2023, 05:13:27 PM
MacAllister was a great deal and dealt with very efficiently, what our transfer team is known for. But since Henderson and Fab have left, it seems things have stalled. Even if players come in now, they have missed pre-season and will need time to adjust.

The title of this thread may be best left as is!

A worrying thing from preseason is the continued goals conceded from balls over the top and down the channels. You'd think they would have sorted something out by now. On the plus side the front 5 look immense and I'd even throw Doak in there. He looks like a gem.

McAllister was fairly straightforward as a release clause was involved. 

J70

He better be the second coming of Souness for that kind of money.