GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 30, 2021, 01:45:34 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 01:11:28 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2021, 01:03:25 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 12:38:06 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2021, 12:31:54 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 12:18:02 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2021, 12:08:37 AM
Liverpool's five trophies in 2001 was won over 2 seasons, not all in the one season

Uniteds treble was the three most competitive trophies, so that takes precedence over Liverpool's treble, although it was also impressive.
Wrong.
They were all won from the one season. One trophy win qualified then for the next one.
You are a United fan saying that YOUR treble was the most competitive, but that's not fact is it.
If anything ours was more "competitive" and ours takes precedence, cos we won 5.
Typical Mancs.

Ach quit with your Manc crap. I'm not into this Love United hate Liverpool bollix.

The 2001 Charity shield and Euro Super Cup were played the following season, so I'd assume they're counted as part of the 2001/02 season.

The highest/toughest competitions to win for PL teams would be Chsmpions League, PL and FA cup. UEFA Cup would be lower than CL. And League cup lower than FA.

Anyway, I'm not trying to play the "we're better than you" bollix. That's just how I'd imagine it's seen in terms of value
Well that's what you are, and what you're doing.
As I said, wrong. They were trophies won that were a direct following on from competitions that needed to be won in order to qualify for that next competition. The date they were played is irrelevant.
That's YOUR opinion that FA Cup ranks higher than league cup, you would say that, as a manc. And therefore that's the Mancs version of what is "THE" treble. But it's not entirely true is it. We won the "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what Is and what Isn't.

Jaysus man, you sure are insecure  ;D

I'm a united fan, not a Manc. And unless you're from Liverpool, you're not a scouser neither.

I'm not even going to go there where one season ends and one begins. Fact is, Liverpool won 5 that year which I said. And admittedly it was a great run of success.

The FA grant a Europa League spot to FA cup winners. And from next season, the League cup winners get a UEFA Conference place. The Conference is LOWER than the Europa League. Not only that, but for a few years around the new millennium, League cup winners weren't granted s Euro place, whereas FA cup winners were. So, that says a lot about which is valued higher
Insecure? How?
Quit crying, you're a Manc.
Right, glad to see you backed out of that one. You're correct, Liverpool won 5 that season. Glad we cleared that up.
Wrong again. Up until last season, league cup winners qualified for Europe league as well. So yes, it does say a lot about was is valued (equally) as high.

So if Man City win the Champions League next year, that gets added to their list of achievements this season??

They qualified for it by winning the Premier League this year
No, don't be ridiculous.
The competition starts and is won next season and is a direct result of the league standing the season previous.
Whereas for example the super cup is a result of winning this seasons European cup. It's not difficult to understand.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on May 29, 2021, 10:49:51 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 29, 2021, 10:45:05 PM
Beating Chelsea in the Champions League Final isn't for everyone.

Bad week for Manchester
;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Liverpool's five trophies in 2001 was won over 2 seasons, not all in the one season

Uniteds treble was the three most competitive trophies, so that takes precedence over Liverpool's treble, although it was also impressive.
Wrong.
They were all won from the one season. One trophy win qualified then for the next one.
You are a United fan saying that YOUR treble was the most competitive, but that's not fact is it.
If anything ours was more "competitive" and ours takes precedence, cos we won 5.
Typical Mancs.

Ach quit with your Manc crap. I'm not into this Love United hate Liverpool bollix.

The 2001 Charity shield and Euro Super Cup were played the following season, so I'd assume they're counted as part of the 2001/02 season.

The highest/toughest competitions to win for PL teams would be Chsmpions League, PL and FA cup. UEFA Cup would be lower than CL. And League cup lower than FA.

Anyway, I'm not trying to play the "we're better than you" bollix. That's just how I'd imagine it's seen in terms of value
As I said, wrong. They were trophies won that were a direct following on from competitions that needed to be won in order to qualify for that next competition. The date they were played is irrelevant.
That's YOUR opinion that FA Cup ranks higher than league cup, you would say that, as a manc. And therefore that's the Mancs version of what is "THE" treble. But it's not entirely true is it. We won the "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what Is and what Isn't.

I'm a united fan, not a Manc. And unless you're from Liverpool, you're not a scouser neither.

I'm not even going to go there where one season ends and one begins. Fact is, Liverpool won 5 that year which I said. And admittedly it was a great run of success.

The FA grant a Europa League spot to FA cup winners. And from next season, the League cup winners get a UEFA Conference place. The Conference is LOWER than the Europa League. Not only that, but for a few years around the new millennium, League cup winners weren't granted s Euro place, whereas FA cup winners were. So, that says a lot about which is valued higher
Insecure? How?
Right, glad to see you backed out of that one. You're correct, Liverpool won 5 that season. Glad we cleared that up.
Wrong again. Up until last season, league cup winners qualified for Europe league as well. So yes, it does say a lot about was is valued (equally) as high.

I didn't  back out of it. I just didn't see the point going into it. If the 2001 CS/Super cups were still considered part of the 2000/01 season, great. If not, also great. (Btw, I said they won 5 that year, not season ;) )

United won the World cup in Dec 08. Is that still considered part of the 07/08 season even though they won it halfway through the 08/09 season? ( I don't really care. Im just asking.)

League cup was devalued in the past though, in terms of a Euro place, and it's being devalued from next season again. I could look up the prize money for each which might give an idea of their status, but I can't be arsed  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 01:52:49 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 30, 2021, 01:45:34 AM

Wrong.
Typical Mancs.

Insecure? How?

So if Man City win the Champions League next year, that gets added to their list of achievements this season??

They qualified for it by winning the Premier League this year
No, don't be ridiculous.
The competition starts and is won next season and is a direct result of the league standing the season previous.
Whereas for example the super cup is a result of winning this seasons European cup. It's not difficult to understand.

But so is the charity shield, the Euro Super Cup, and the club World Cup.  :o

Boycey

Shooters is another solid addition to this forum, make ya wonder why you would bother with it sometimes.... The main stay of his argument is primary school stuff and when pulled on it he'll pull out his trump Scouse Vs Manc card  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 29, 2021, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on May 29, 2021, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2021, 08:58:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2021, 07:51:43 PM
Dislike both clubs but would rather see Chelsea win it.

Liverpool hold have the distinction of being the only Club in England to win the League, European Cup and League Cup in a season. So for that reason alone I want Chelsea to win.

But not THE treble.  Only Celtic and United from these shores have managed the holy grail
Who says "THE" treble is the treble? United fans?  ;D
Liverpool have won "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what is "THE" treble and what isn't.

Intermediate championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Liverpool hold have the distinction of being the only Club in England to win the League, European Cup and League Cup in a season. So for that reason alone I want Chelsea to win.

But not THE treble.  Only Celtic and United from these shores have managed the holy grail
Liverpool have won "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what is "THE" treble and what isn't.

The treble includes the league. Otherwise its a cup treble.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2021, 10:08:33 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 29, 2021, 09:58:40 PM
Pep the choker.

f**king around with his team backfires yet again in Europe.
Over thinks things too much. Tuchel said after the match that he was very surprised that Pep opted to start with no CDM and with such attacking line up. He expected Fernandino to start and wasn't brought on until the 60th minute when the damage was already done.

Kante the clear best player on the pitch and Christensen filled in very well for Silva when he went off injured.

BennyCake

United fans aren't allowed to say what THE treble is, yet you can decide what THE quintuple is?  ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Liverpool fan here.

The treble for English teams is League Fa Cup and European cup/Champs League. Liverpool near done it in 77 but didnt. United have. Liverpool have won a treble so too have City but not the one most would class as the most desirable one.

Case closed i want no more chat about it 😉😂

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 30, 2021, 02:42:09 PM
Liverpool fan here.

The treble for English teams is League Fa Cup and European cup/Champs League. Liverpool near done it in 77 but didnt. United have. Liverpool have won a treble so too have City but not the one most would class as the most desirable one.

Case closed i want no more chat about it 😉😂

There you have it!

Let's hope so  ;)

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2021, 11:21:06 AM

Intermediate championship
You'd know all about the intermediate championship.

GiveItToTheShooters

It's simple. Those trophies are a direct result of the preceding trophies won.
The following years super cup and World Cup is dependent on the next CL. It's not hard to understand. I'd need to draw a picture for you boys.

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 09:51:14 PM
It's simple. Those trophies are a direct result of the preceding trophies won.
The following years super cup and World Cup is dependent on the next CL. It's not hard to understand. I'd need to draw a picture for you boys.

I think you'd need to draw yourself a picture  ;D

Farrandeelin

A lot of childish posts here, which is rather unsurprising seeing as neither Utd nor Liverpool won a trophy this season.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.