European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macker15

Quote from: gawa316 on May 29, 2021, 10:49:51 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 29, 2021, 10:45:05 PM
Beating Chelsea in the Champions League Final isn't for everyone.

Bad week for Manchester

Foden,  Rashford and Sterling AWOL this week.  Doesn't bode well for the Brits on the Euros.

From the Bunker

Quote from: gawa316 on May 29, 2021, 10:49:51 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 29, 2021, 10:45:05 PM
Beating Chelsea in the Champions League Final isn't for everyone.

Bad week for Manchester

Ah, it was nice for both to get to the final.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 29, 2021, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on May 29, 2021, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2021, 08:58:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2021, 07:51:43 PM
Dislike both clubs but would rather see Chelsea win it.

Liverpool hold have the distinction of being the only Club in England to win the League, European Cup and League Cup in a season. So for that reason alone I want Chelsea to win.

But not THE treble.  Only Celtic and United from these shores have managed the holy grail
Who says "THE" treble is the treble? United fans?  ;D
Liverpool have won "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what is "THE" treble and what isn't.
No. The football community decides. Lou Macari ended Liverpool's chances to win the treble 44 years ago. Did they win the league or UCL in 2001?  Enough said.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 29, 2021, 10:11:09 PM
Only ever managed top teams with blank chequebooks.
Hopefully people will start coming to terms with the fraud that he is.

And when it comes to big moments when a good manager is needed, he comes up short time and again. The amount of times he has bottled team selections in big games is unreal.

Maybe hes not the greatest manager ever. Maybe tho hes not a fraud either.....maybe the truths somewhere in between....

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: StPatsAbu on May 29, 2021, 11:25:26 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 29, 2021, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on May 29, 2021, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2021, 08:58:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2021, 07:51:43 PM
Dislike both clubs but would rather see Chelsea win it.

Liverpool hold have the distinction of being the only Club in England to win the League, European Cup and League Cup in a season. So for that reason alone I want Chelsea to win.

But not THE treble.  Only Celtic and United from these shores have managed the holy grail
Who says "THE" treble is the treble? United fans?  ;D
Liverpool have won "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what is "THE" treble and what isn't.
No. The football community decides. Lou Macari ended Liverpool's chances to win the treble 44 years ago. Did they win the league or UCL in 2001?  Enough said.
And I will refer to my initial question. Who decided that United won "THE" treble? United fans? That's not the "football community".
By your logic, I consider that we won "THE" treble in 2001, and, "THE" quintuple also.
Because after all, the "football community" decides.

BennyCake

Liverpool's five trophies in 2001 was won over 2 seasons, not all in the one season

Uniteds treble was the three most competitive trophies, so that takes precedence over Liverpool's treble, although it was also impressive.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2021, 12:08:37 AM
Liverpool's five trophies in 2001 was won over 2 seasons, not all in the one season

Uniteds treble was the three most competitive trophies, so that takes precedence over Liverpool's treble, although it was also impressive.
Wrong.
They were all won from the one season. One trophy win qualified then for the next one.
You are a United fan saying that YOUR treble was the most competitive, but that's not fact is it.
If anything ours was more "competitive" and ours takes precedence, cos we won 5.
Typical Mancs.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 29, 2021, 11:27:14 PM

And when it comes to big moments when a good manager is needed, he comes up short time and again. The amount of times he has bottled team selections in big games is unreal.

Maybe hes not the greatest manager ever. Maybe tho hes not a fraud either.....maybe the truths somewhere in between....
He's nowhere near the greatest manager ever, for one.
Regarding being a fraud, maybe a bit harsh, but maybe not. He's only ever been to clubs with blank chequebooks and the current top clubs in each country. Nothing special then winning the trophies that he's won. If anything it speaks volumes the amount of times he's bottled it, tonight being one.

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 12:18:02 AM

Wrong.
They were all won from the one season. One trophy win qualified then for the next one.
You are a United fan saying that YOUR treble was the most competitive, but that's not fact is it.
If anything ours was more "competitive" and ours takes precedence, cos we won 5.
Typical Mancs.

Ach quit with your Manc crap. I'm not into this Love United hate Liverpool bollix.

The 2001 Charity shield and Euro Super Cup were played the following season, so I'd assume they're counted as part of the 2001/02 season.

The highest/toughest competitions to win for PL teams would be Chsmpions League, PL and FA cup. UEFA Cup would be lower than CL. And League cup lower than FA.

Anyway, I'm not trying to play the "we're better than you" bollix. That's just how I'd imagine it's seen in terms of value

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2021, 12:31:54 AM

Wrong.
Typical Mancs.

Ach quit with your Manc crap. I'm not into this Love United hate Liverpool bollix.

The 2001 Charity shield and Euro Super Cup were played the following season, so I'd assume they're counted as part of the 2001/02 season.

The highest/toughest competitions to win for PL teams would be Chsmpions League, PL and FA cup. UEFA Cup would be lower than CL. And League cup lower than FA.

Anyway, I'm not trying to play the "we're better than you" bollix. That's just how I'd imagine it's seen in terms of value
Well that's what you are, and what you're doing.
As I said, wrong. They were trophies won that were a direct following on from competitions that needed to be won in order to qualify for that next competition. The date they were played is irrelevant.
That's YOUR opinion that FA Cup ranks higher than league cup, you would say that, as a manc. And therefore that's the Mancs version of what is "THE" treble. But it's not entirely true is it. We won the "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what Is and what Isn't.

mouview

Messi, Iniesta, Xavi didn't cost Barce' a whole lot.

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 12:38:06 AM

Wrong.
Typical Mancs.

As I said, wrong. They were trophies won that were a direct following on from competitions that needed to be won in order to qualify for that next competition. The date they were played is irrelevant.
That's YOUR opinion that FA Cup ranks higher than league cup, you would say that, as a manc. And therefore that's the Mancs version of what is "THE" treble. But it's not entirely true is it. We won the "THE" quintuple in 2001. You don't get to decide what Is and what Isn't.

Jaysus man, you sure are insecure  ;D

I'm a united fan, not a Manc. And unless you're from Liverpool, you're not a scouser neither.

I'm not even going to go there where one season ends and one begins. Fact is, Liverpool won 5 that year which I said. And admittedly it was a great run of success.

The FA grant a Europa League spot to FA cup winners. And from next season, the League cup winners get a UEFA Conference place. The Conference is LOWER than the Europa League. Not only that, but for a few years around the new millennium, League cup winners weren't granted s Euro place, whereas FA cup winners were. So, that says a lot about which is valued higher

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2021, 01:03:25 AM

Wrong.
Typical Mancs.

I'm a united fan, not a Manc. And unless you're from Liverpool, you're not a scouser neither.

I'm not even going to go there where one season ends and one begins. Fact is, Liverpool won 5 that year which I said. And admittedly it was a great run of success.

The FA grant a Europa League spot to FA cup winners. And from next season, the League cup winners get a UEFA Conference place. The Conference is LOWER than the Europa League. Not only that, but for a few years around the new millennium, League cup winners weren't granted s Euro place, whereas FA cup winners were. So, that says a lot about which is valued higher
Insecure? How?
Quit crying, you're a Manc.
Right, glad to see you backed out of that one. You're correct, Liverpool won 5 that season. Glad we cleared that up.
Wrong again. Up until last season, league cup winners qualified for Europe league as well. So yes, it does say a lot about was is valued (equally) as high.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: mouview on May 30, 2021, 12:56:00 AM

Messi, Iniesta, Xavi didn't cost Barce' a whole lot.
Refer to the part where I said he only ever managed the top teams, those players made Barcelona a top team. Good man.
He hasn't done what Klopp has done on a nothing budget for example, and bring sleeping giant clubs, or lower clubs, at the time, success.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 30, 2021, 01:11:28 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2021, 01:03:25 AM

Wrong.
Typical Mancs.

Insecure? How?
Quit crying, you're a Manc.
Right, glad to see you backed out of that one. You're correct, Liverpool won 5 that season. Glad we cleared that up.
Wrong again. Up until last season, league cup winners qualified for Europe league as well. So yes, it does say a lot about was is valued (equally) as high.

So if Man City win the Champions League next year, that gets added to their list of achievements this season??

They qualified for it by winning the Premier League this year
Hasta la victoria siempre