Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 03, 2018, 08:58:22 PM
Looks to have been a very disappointing second half.

The positive would be that Brennan seemed to do well in the opportunity with five points and our full forward line contributed 1-9 tonight. Worth persisting with these lads for a while, I don't think we can afford to play McAliskey, Brennan and Bradley all at the same time
In the last 3 years our best football came in 2015 and that had Bradley play making with McCurry and McAliskey inside with Sean moving in and out. I don't see any reason we can't go down the same way this year.

skeog

Tyrone battled hard but Dublin just seemed at times to be in second year.Time for patience next game in newbridge is a real 4 pointer.

Carmen Stateside

Awful stuff second half.  Dublin picked up the pace for ten minutes at start of second half and blew Tyrone away.  13/14 wides was it for Tyrone? Hardly good enough.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 03, 2018, 09:03:49 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 03, 2018, 08:58:22 PM
Looks to have been a very disappointing second half.

The positive would be that Brennan seemed to do well in the opportunity with five points and our full forward line contributed 1-9 tonight. Worth persisting with these lads for a while, I don't think we can afford to play McAliskey, Brennan and Bradley all at the same time
In the last 3 years our best football came in 2015 and that had Bradley play making with McCurry and McAliskey inside with Sean moving in and out. I don't see any reason we can't go down the same way this year.

What do you do with Sludden then?

If you play Bradley, Sludden, Brennan and McAliskey in the same forward line it would probably be the smallest forward line in the country. It will hardly cut it with the dynamic and physically imposing defences of Mayo and Dublin.

SkillfulBill

a little bit of perspective here please this time last year we drew with dubs in croker and come summer embarrassed us this year they beat us in our back garden with a depleted team what the f..k will they do to us come August September.

Il Bomber Destro

Without Colm Cavanagh sweeping we look really bad under the high ball, the first goal came from high ball launched in on the edge of the square and McManamon also hit the ball as a result of a long ball launched in.

We played some really nice football in that first half. Brennan and McAliskey were very sharp.

redzone

Really enjoyable game, but our mistakes again killed us. Mcrory has been a grt servant to us but cost us dearly tonight. Plenty to work on.

redzone

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 03, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
Awful stuff second half.  Dublin picked up the pace for ten minutes at start of second half and blew Tyrone away.  13/14 wides was it for Tyrone? Hardly good enough.

You wouldn't know you weren't at the game

Il Bomber Destro

Some really poor misses at the start of the second half.

Dublin were much more efficient in front of the posts.

Il Bomber Destro

The two Donnellys have played very well.

Il Bomber Destro

The second half would seem to be pretty misleading. We created more chances than Dublin did but we were extremely wasteful. McAliskey spurning a great goal chance to level there.

McLaughlin has had a very solid debut.

skeog

What game were you watching Ritchie was poor and should have been off sooner.

ose 14

at least we were watchable but dublin won this game at a canter with half a team. good to see brennan get a go.

redzone

The thing that annoys me most is at any time any of our fullback line could end up as the furthest man up the field and either lose it or put it wide.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redzone on February 03, 2018, 10:38:03 PM
The thing that annoys me most is at any time any of our fullback line could end up as the furthest man up the field and either lose it or put it wide.

We seem to rush the kick. There were a number of times in the second half where we just took the shots on when the wrong player was on the ball or it wasn't on. We need to be more patient in that regard and wait for the opportunity to present itself.