Rate your County Board

Started by bennydorano, October 23, 2008, 09:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I think the Tyrone County Board do a good job.
Testing Accessibility

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on October 23, 2008, 12:47:14 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 23, 2008, 12:35:51 PM
Armagh get a lot of abuse but I suppose they are probably one of the better boards.

Hughie Morgan's contributions to the cause probably hide other probs.

True.

Two Hands FFS

Antrim's. I know it does get alot of stick(mainly becasue of the boss going to the papers on a weekly basis) & could be better but things have improved.....Fundraising(saffron sweeps)/ The new centre of excellence plans/ the website is excellent for fixtures/results etc/ & structures have improved. For a truely dual county 90% of all championships were played off in good time. It used to be worse a couple of  years ago. I think we shouldnt let the disliking of one person cloud our judgement.

Things could improve such as coaching, the appointment or choices of some management, 'the washing of dirty linen in public' but sure when was this never a problem in Antrim.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: ziggysego on October 23, 2008, 12:50:32 PM
I think the Tyrone County Board do a good job.

a good job if your a county player, yer fecked if your a club player

Gold

Antrim is improving--County Board were an absolute laughing stock--but hopefully it continues to get better
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

mylestheslasher

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 23, 2008, 12:03:04 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 23, 2008, 11:52:17 AM
Well I put Cavan up as a strong contender for the worst decision ever made, to appoint Donal Keoghan as manager of 1st the minors (where he won 1 champ game in 3 years) and then the seniors where he won 1 champ game in 2 years - both his wins against Antrim.

Prior to these appointments Donal had never even managed a club team yet Cavan County Board thought he was worth a punt.

not for the first time I will disagree with you
ok actually I dont , but thought I'd just say that   :o
still cavan are not near as bad as Derry imo
while bad enough, at least cavan were forced to appoint keoghan because he was pumping a lot of money into the county sides

Derry have no excuse

Maybe, except Cavan are one of the best funded counties in the country. Surely, the good of the county team is worth more than the donations of one man? Well I should give them a bit of credit in that they learnt a lesson and picked the best of who was interested in the job for Keoghans replacement.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 23, 2008, 02:16:57 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 23, 2008, 12:03:04 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 23, 2008, 11:52:17 AM
Well I put Cavan up as a strong contender for the worst decision ever made, to appoint Donal Keoghan as manager of 1st the minors (where he won 1 champ game in 3 years) and then the seniors where he won 1 champ game in 2 years - both his wins against Antrim.

Prior to these appointments Donal had never even managed a club team yet Cavan County Board thought he was worth a punt.

not for the first time I will disagree with you
ok actually I dont , but thought I'd just say that   :o
still cavan are not near as bad as Derry imo
while bad enough, at least cavan were forced to appoint keoghan because he was pumping a lot of money into the county sides

Derry have no excuse

Maybe, except Cavan are one of the best funded counties in the country. Surely, the good of the county team is worth more than the donations of one man? Well I should give them a bit of credit in that they learnt a lesson and picked the best of who was interested in the job for Keoghans replacement.
thats two posts in a row that cant be faulted - actually bordering on 'Good'

you must have started going to mass !  ;)

mylestheslasher

Yeh and you have posted two posts and have not once insulted me. you must be going to counciling :-*

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 23, 2008, 05:18:08 PM
Yeh and you have posted two posts and have not once insulted me. you must be going to counciling :-*
penance myles
penance !
:D

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: youngfella on October 23, 2008, 11:56:50 AM
Antrim - shocking. so many clubs so little success.

Warwickshire- Better than antrim

Antrim must have problems if there worse than our boys in Warwickshire

ExiledGael

Don't play in the couty so I'm sure there are a few problems with fixtures in the county as usual but Fermanagh County Board seem to be doing quite well of late. By all accounts the senior team were treated excellently this season (maybe that was Malachy's doing) and they got the manager's appointment spot on while others were calling for them to move fast. They waited and got their man. Lissan by all accounts, despite the wind, is an excellent facility and we don't seem to hear too much of the internal politics being dragged out in the papers and public.
On second thoughts maybe that's cos none of them give a dung about Fermanagh.

SLIGONIAN

Sligo County Board could do alot better. Im not involved myself and i have to respect  people who do put the effort and time into it but our way of sacking managers has been poor, last yrs appointment of manager was disaster, looking after Sligo best interests with regards to bellaghy looks disastrous at the minute, training facilities poor at the minute

Although markievicz park is class ground now, and structures are alot better now imo, fixture scheduling could be improved, venue choice always favouring south sligo needs to addressed.

Have a great website, very informative, a bit bias towards south sligo though in terms of FOSF notes.

Coaching in schools has improved, more investment in Sligo gaa ocurring. Spending plenty of money on teams and they seem well looked after.

Need to address refereing standards or else i wont live much longer ;).

5/10 but lots to work on. Opportunities to improve on things as mentioned above but they do get somethings right aswell.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gold on October 23, 2008, 02:10:51 PM
Antrim is improving--County Board were an absolute laughing stock--but hopefully it continues to get better

Care to comment now in the light of the Baker's appointment.

Antrim county is by far and away the most inept in the land - the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

Antrim tonight have joined Derry at the top of the leaderboard....
:(

screenexile

Insofar as I have slated our CB for their handling of different things this loast while such as Discipline (See P Bradley last year and the County Final debacle this year), their appointment of Paddy Crozier and their great idea of building a 40,000 capacity Celtic Park (Sean Kelly actually had to have a word at a fundraising function a while ago after seeing the plans!) I would have to say that we do do some things well. Owenbeg was the first of it's kind in the North (I think but don't quote me on it it has been there for a long time though) and is expanding to be an even greater facility, our coaching structures are fantastic, and our website is also fantastic while Celtic Park when finished will be a very good ground and I believe the CB made the right choice in management this year so it's not all bad.

The Donegal scenario is absolutely appaling and is really showing the whole county up in a very bad light. I would have them then us then Antrim for CBs!