Who is the most bitter after Dubs do 5 in a row

Started by dublin7, September 15, 2019, 06:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on October 01, 2019, 01:49:03 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on October 01, 2019, 01:04:48 PM
Quote from: Hound on September 28, 2019, 12:04:49 AM
Yeah. So minor success has nothing to do with money, because Dubs never win minor.

But U20 is all about money, because Dubs are quite successful at that level. Except, when someone else wins it, it's nothing to do with money.

Maybe, it's just because we have the best players.
Maybe it's because Stephen Cluxton is the greatest keeper of all time.
Maybe it's because Stephen Cluxton is the hardest working goalkeeper of all time.
Maybe it's because Dean Rock is the best freetaker.
Maybe it's because Mannion and Con are just awesome

Kerry are going to knock us off our perch. But until then, either enjoy our brilliance , or suck it up

5 in a row. Never been done before. You have to hand it to the lads. Hard work.

This fella still spouting absolute sh1te. Dublin GAA have won about 110 Leinster, All Ireland and National league titles in women's football, men's football and hurling and men's underage football and hurling since 2001. They won 29 titles in the 18 years prior to this. This huge increase occured at the same time millions of euros was pumped into Dublin GAA. This is the reason for the increase. Don't believe the bullsh1t from fellas like this and others like the president of the GAA.

Pot, kettle, black. There have been many factors in dublin's improvement (including the points above) and success but unfortunately you refuse to acknowledge any of them and insist that funding for underage participation is the key to it all.

Are you not buzzin for the half dozen??

Damn straight I'm buzzin. The Dublin senior footballers are the key to bringing the house down. I've got some images for you to show why there is and always will be an asterisk beside all the tiles:

magpie seanie

priceyreilly

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2019, 03:02:44 PM
Correlation is not causation.

In soccer, Manchester City were a mid table premier league team at best. They hadn't won any top level titles since 1976. In the naughties, they got a serious amount of money invested. Standards started to increase and they've won 10 top level titles since then. A dramatic improvement at the same time as huge resources came available to them.

"Correlation is not causation."

Oh right then, that explains that. Nothing to do with money.

magpie seanie

Quote from: priceyreilly on October 01, 2019, 03:13:23 PM

In soccer, Manchester City were a mid table premier league team at best. They hadn't won any top level titles since 1976. In the naughties, they got a serious amount of money invested. Standards started to increase and they've won 10 top level titles since then. A dramatic improvement at the same time as huge resources came available to them.

You don't seem to understand what I typed.

Falcao

Quote from: priceyreilly on October 01, 2019, 02:53:14 PM
Yeah. So minor success has nothing to do with money, because Dubs never win minor.

But U20 is all about money, because Dubs are quite successful at that level. Except, when someone else wins it, it's nothing to do with money.

Maybe it's because Stephen Cluxton is the hardest working goalkeeper of all time.

Kerry are going to knock us off our perch. But until then, either enjoy our brilliance , or suck it up

This fella still spouting absolute sh1te. Dublin GAA have won about 110 Leinster, All Ireland and National league titles in women's football, men's football and hurling and men's underage football and hurling since 2001. They won 29 titles in the 18 years prior to this. This huge increase occured at the same time millions of euros was pumped into Dublin GAA. This is the reason for the increase. Don't believe the bullsh1t from fellas like this and others like the president of the GAA.

Pot, kettle, black. There have been many factors in dublin's improvement (including the points above) and success but unfortunately you refuse to acknowledge any of them and insist that funding for underage participation is the key to it all.

Damn straight I'm buzzin. The Dublin senior footballers are the key to bringing the house down. I've got some images for you to show why there is and always will be an asterisk beside all the tiles:

Sorry to be a stickler for detail but you left a whopping 67.5 million out of your Games Development Funding graph, as most of the funding is distributed via Provincial Councils to the counties. I think most people are aware of this but some people choose to ignore it for some reason.

priceyreilly

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2019, 05:09:37 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on October 01, 2019, 03:13:23 PM

You don't seem to understand what I typed.

Explain how Man City improved? Stick that in your pipe.

priceyreilly

Quote from: Falcao on October 01, 2019, 05:12:08 PM
Sorry to be a stickler for detail but you left a whopping 67.5 million out of your Games Development Funding graph, as most of the funding is distributed via Provincial Councils to the counties. I think most people are aware of this but some people choose to ignore it for some reason.

First of all, Dublin is not a province, so even your graph makes it look bad for Dublin GAA. Secondly, the same thing, Dublin is not a province, they are in Leinster and get their cut from the Leinster Council! This doesn't help those defending the doping in any way. Better luck next time.  ;D

Arielatom

As per the thread title, I'd go with Ewan MacKenna, Tommy Keegan, PriceyRiley, DONTMATTER, have I missed one or seven maybe? Some man for the accounts!!!!!!

Lar Naparka

IMO, Dublin can't be faulted for being as successful as they are now and most likely will continue for as long as the GAA persist with the present county model.
The Dubs are only doing what any other county would do if only they had the opportunity to do so. Most definitely, the hard behind the scenes work by volunteers, the natural skills of the players and anything else one can think of, and not only money, are vital to Dublin's dominance.
But it would be disingenuous to pretend that everything can be put down to the above and that money, a vast player pool and the lack of hassle and expense in getting players together for training and whatever don't enter the picture.
Personally, I'm not concerned by the cause of Dublin sweeping all before them, the end result of it all does worry me a lot.
A case of cause and effect, the cause doesn't matter but the effect certainly does.
For instance, Dublin has won 14 out of the last 15 Leinster championships. (I can't recall the exact figures but this serves my purpose.)
What's the point in saying that the other counties involved should raise their standards in order to compete with a county with a population equal to that of the other eleven combined?
Meath and Kildare might go closer than any of the others but they still couldn't compare as equals.
There is no point in blaming Dublin for the rest of the country not being able to keep up with them but it's a fact of life that they can't and no amount of bitching and moaning from either  side here will fix that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

TheGreatest

Quote from: Arielatom on October 01, 2019, 07:09:49 PM
As per the thread title, I'd go with Ewan MacKenna, Tommy Keegan, PriceyRiley, DONTMATTER, have I missed one or seven maybe? Some man for the accounts!!!!!!

True, the Mayo contingent also on this forum, its hilarious.

Dublin Hate is nothing new though, its just increased due to Dublin winning and makes winning all that sweeter.

seafoid

How do dubs think think will look in 2 years' time?
so far it has been possible to cover up the scam under business as usual with "what a wonderful five in a row" to round off the first 5 years to total system dominance
From now on the game changes. 

Will pundits bother trying to make big matches sound interesting next year and beyond?
How will fans react to 6 and 7 in a row ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on October 02, 2019, 11:15:01 AM
so far it has been possible to cover up the scam under business as usual with "what a wonderful five in a row" to round off the first 5 years to total system dominance

Will pundits bother trying to make big matches sound interesting next year and beyond?

The real world isn't like this MB. All the rubbish posted here about dublin's professional players/financial doping is an issue for some, but the majority of joe public don't obsess about it like most on here.

I think Kerry will win an All Ireland in the next few years and I think you'll have some epic games between both sides. I also think the football championship will be more entertaining overall as managers (with the odd exception) have finally realsied that the blanket defence doesn't work anymore and attacking football is now the way to go.

I'd expect other counties like Cork, Kildare and Galway to improve and challenge as well. Paddy Power has Dublin odds on for 8 in a row. Wouldn't go near that.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on October 02, 2019, 10:57:06 AM

Dublin Hate is nothing new though, its just increased due to Dublin winning and makes winning all that sweeter.

Go on. We're not all from the bunker you know.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 02, 2019, 01:32:53 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on October 02, 2019, 10:57:06 AM

Go on. We're not all from the bunker you know.

You are ok to be fair.

seafoid

Quote from: dublin7 on October 02, 2019, 12:55:33 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 02, 2019, 11:15:01 AM

The real world isn't like this MB. All the rubbish posted here about dublin's professional players/financial doping is an issue for some, but the majority of joe public don't obsess about it like most on here.

I think Kerry will win an All Ireland in the next few years and I think you'll have some epic games between both sides. I also think the football championship will be more entertaining overall as managers (with the odd exception) have finally realsied that the blanket defence doesn't work anymore and attacking football is now the way to go.

I'd expect other counties like Cork, Kildare and Galway to improve and challenge as well. Paddy Power has Dublin odds on for 8 in a row. Wouldn't go near that.
You NEED that to happen
But it probably won't
...unless the Dubs lose tactically next year before starting another 5 in a row, starting in 2021, just to make it look better
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU