Thuggary.

Started by The Monument Road, June 14, 2015, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

I'm reluctant in posting this but i feel too many people at ad ministrive level in Laois are ignoring the following issue.(s)
I attended a League Div 1 game on Friday evening between Saint Josephs & Arles Kileen. I'm not exaggerating but I've never seen such thuggery  as i witnessed at this game (Albeit from one team only). Players were abused, kicked,cynically fouled and punched resulting with at least one player being admitted to a Dublin hospital with a very serious jaw/head injury. Another player is carrying a leg injury received   from a kick while attempting to legally take a ball from the ground. Another player ( a very young player was very cynically taken out of the game by a deliberate rugby style tackle. None of these incidents were dealt with satisfactorily by the referee as should be as stated in the official rule book. I was horrified by what i witnessed although i didn't see the incident where the player received the head injury.I also hear that in the past week or so two players from other clubs received serious injuries in other games and had to be hospitalised.
This has to stop now or someone will not recover. those players are amateurs and have families and have to work. From what i witnessed on Friday evening was the win at all cost mentality using thuggery as means to achieve this.Shame on those who act like this, shame on those who condone it and shame on those who ignore it. Note.. The game in general when played within the rules was excellant with St Josephs playing a very young footballl playing team.It ended in a draw

Dave like the tv channel

It's all part of the pseudo-macho part of the game. Our U12s played recently and had to put up with sledging, rabbit-punches and jersey-tugging for the entire game.

Like most things, a proactive ruling is needed, rather than some 17yo being paralysed from the neck down, after taking a heavy blow. You're right, action is needed now.

Windbreaker

Maybe the beheading of the Tom was still fresh in the minds,,

The Monument Road

Violence has again raised its ugly head at a recent Football Div 1 league game. Mass brawl involving most players and a spectator. It has to stop....

redsetanta

Who was involved this time?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 28, 2015, 06:52:03 PM
Violence has again raised its ugly head at a recent Football Div 1 league game. Mass brawl involving most players and a spectator. It has to stop....

Laois fan

If it's match I think your talking about mass brawl is greatly exaggerated(4 players max)a spectator did get involved  and I hope county board give him a lengthy suspension