TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Taylor

Thought last nights episode of Power was as good as there has been in a long time.

Finale next week (possibly)

tyrone girl

I didnt enjoy last nights so much. Thought there were bits that were a bit wtf.
Looking forward to next weeks but think its like a mid season finale. There are a few episodes in January i think to tie it up.

Taylor

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 29, 2019, 03:02:12 PM
I didnt enjoy last nights so much. Thought there were bits that were a bit wtf.
Looking forward to next weeks but think its like a mid season finale. There are a few episodes in January i think to tie it up.

The WTF bits could have been that so much was happening - given how the last few episodes have went it was about time they had a good episode

tyrone girl

The way that ***** was killed didnt fit with the image though.
Couple of other things i thought this is going a bit off the script type of thing. I actually really enjoyed the 2 episodes before that.

Really looking forward to next weeks. Some show.

macdanger2

Have been watching Perpetual Grace LTD on TG4, it's very good

Cunny Funt

I'm watching Mr. Mercedes season 3 at the moment, Kate Mulgrew who was mostly known for playing captain Janeway in Star trek is one of the most psychotic characters i have seen in a TV show.

screenexile

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 30, 2019, 04:28:53 PM
I'm watching Mr. Mercedes season 3 at the moment, Kate Mulgrew who was mostly known for playing captain Janeway in Star trek is one of the most psychotic characters i have seen in a TV show.

She was very good in Orange is the New Black!!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: screenexile on October 30, 2019, 04:34:42 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 30, 2019, 04:28:53 PM

She was very good in Orange is the New Black!!

Yeah plays that role well also, would remind me of Big B from the 80s TV show prisoner cell Block H.

greatpoint

Quote from: Main Street on September 30, 2019, 11:08:40 PM
I think Succcession has fallen into a pit of regurgatating soap, when it looks like soap, smells like soap, it is soap.

You're on the money there.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: greatpoint on October 30, 2019, 06:17:46 PM
I think Succcession has fallen into a pit of regurgatating soap, when it looks like soap, smells like soap, it is soap.

Finished first season lately...didn't think it was anything special.  Well behind Billions in my opinion.

greatpoint

Quote from: Ball Hopper on October 30, 2019, 06:21:35 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on October 30, 2019, 06:17:46 PM

Finished first season lately...didn't think it was anything special.  Well behind Billions in my opinion.

I was questioning whether to keep going after a couple of episodes but the plot moves at such speed that I kept watching (easy to see why it's popular). It's a pity that most of the characters and the plot itself just aren't believable because the premise is interesting. I think the show presents itself as a lot more cerebral than it actually is.

Ambrose

Quote from: Taylor on October 29, 2019, 07:44:12 AM
Thought last nights episode of Power was as good as there has been in a long time.

Finale next week (possibly)

Hopefully both Ghost and Tommy get killed or locked up and this sh*t ends once and for all.

The first couple of seasons were pretty good but they are really dragging the arse out of it now.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

tyrone girl

screenexile

Watched the new Jack Ryan over the weekend. . . It's easy enough watching "USA USA" shite but it's quite enjoyable a slod 7/10.

Finished The End of the F**king World this morning and really enjoyed it again. It's well written and acted with a brilliant soundtrack 8.5/10.

Looking forward to the conclusion of Dublin Murders tonight as well have really enjoyed it very dark!