Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: outinfront on December 11, 2018, 02:07:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2018, 01:27:04 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 11, 2018, 01:02:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2018, 11:16:38 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 11, 2018, 11:11:52 AM
Quoteeveryone looking paid and the days of the volunteers is finished unfortunately

That is not true at all.

So who is going to head into schools during a working day and give up 2 hours of their time 2 or 3 days a week? unless the person is retired and ha sthe time you'll struggle, maybe its different up the country, or someone in a flexible job

People on shift work. That is how we worked within our club when I was involved.I am not currently so am not sure we still do that but it went on for years and I doubt it's any different in a lot of places.

Well fair play to them, I'm only refereeing now and I find it difficult enough to fit in with a busy family life, nevermind looking after a club team and coaching at a school.. It certainly reaps benefits for the club, mixed parish or will they all head to same club afterwards?

Most of our players stem from Bredagh and Carryduff, but we would also get a mix from St Brigids, St Endas, St Galls, Glenavey, Rossa, St Teresa's etc.  We are definitely seeing this starting to pay off, with our Y10 team winning the Corn Na nOg Shield there; first ever A title for the school.  Schools and clubs have to put in the hard graft to reap the rewards.

Any Down coaches going into you considering you're on the Down side of the Lagan?

Derryboy99

Quote from: farset on December 11, 2018, 09:54:03 AM
Quote from: Derryboy99 on December 10, 2018, 08:54:00 PM
In your statement all 15 are dual players that's incorrect as I'm pretty sure Daithi McGuigan didn't play hurling for your minors this year.

You're either a 17 year old looking to talk about Bellaghy all the time, a parent of one of the kids or their coach or something. You won the game. Well done. Don't be a bad winner.

Bellaghy are amazing. They beat a good Dunloy team. Bellaghy are class. Dunloy should bow to their superiority. Bellaghy are strong. Dunloy aren't as good as them.

There you go. What you want everyone to say really.

And me from Slaughtneil too?? So Iv no allegiance to any of the 2 sides just merely stating facts Farset. Something a lot of people on here can't!

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Dunsilly King

'I'm hearing that Barry Dillon has been appointed the new Portglenone manager, ambitious appointment from them'

I heard today he was on the final shortlist for Kilrea job with 2 other contenders but he's maybe withdrew from that

outinfront

Quote from: johnnycool on December 11, 2018, 02:25:13 PM
Quote from: outinfront on December 11, 2018, 02:07:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2018, 01:27:04 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 11, 2018, 01:02:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2018, 11:16:38 AM
Quoteeveryone looking paid and the days of the volunteers is finished unfortunately

That is not true at all.

So who is going to head into schools during a working day and give up 2 hours of their time 2 or 3 days a week? unless the person is retired and ha sthe time you'll struggle, maybe its different up the country, or someone in a flexible job

People on shift work. That is how we worked within our club when I was involved.I am not currently so am not sure we still do that but it went on for years and I doubt it's any different in a lot of places.

Well fair play to them, I'm only refereeing now and I find it difficult enough to fit in with a busy family life, nevermind looking after a club team and coaching at a school.. It certainly reaps benefits for the club, mixed parish or will they all head to same club afterwards?

Most of our players stem from Bredagh and Carryduff, but we would also get a mix from St Brigids, St Endas, St Galls, Glenavey, Rossa, St Teresa's etc.  We are definitely seeing this starting to pay off, with our Y10 team winning the Corn Na nOg Shield there; first ever A title for the school.  Schools and clubs have to put in the hard graft to reap the rewards.

Any Down coaches going into you considering you're on the Down side of the Lagan?

We have had a few "guests" in on occasion to motivate the young ones and give them something a bit different but the guts of coaching is done by the staff.

Belfast GAA man

That is not true at all.
The days of volunteers are finished - what nonsense! 99% of us are volunteers and getting no coin for our efforts

ON THE HILL

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on December 11, 2018, 02:31:45 PM
Dunsilly King

'I'm hearing that Barry Dillon has been appointed the new Portglenone manager, ambitious appointment from them'

I heard today he was on the final shortlist for Kilrea job with 2 other contenders but he's maybe withdrew from that

shocking appointment if true, got sack last year from ballinascreen who better than PG1

Derryboy99

Quote from: farset on December 11, 2018, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: Derryboy99 on December 11, 2018, 02:29:37 PM
In your statement all 15 are dual players that's incorrect as I'm pretty sure Daithi McGuigan didn't play hurling for your minors this year.

You're either a 17 year old looking to talk about Bellaghy all the time, a parent of one of the kids or their coach or something. You won the game. Well done. Don't be a bad winner.

Bellaghy are amazing. They beat a good Dunloy team. Bellaghy are class. Dunloy should bow to their superiority. Bellaghy are strong. Dunloy aren't as good as them.

And me from Slaughtneil too?? So Iv no allegiance to any of the 2 sides just merely stating facts Farset. Something a lot of people on here can't!

You know the names of some Dunloy U16s ffs all the way from Slaughtneil (or so you say). That's a bit weird for an adult.

Far a start I went to St Pats in Maghera which the lad I mentioned attends. Your also forgetting that the antrim minor hurling league includes the likes of SNeil , dungiven , Swatragh and screen etc so I'd know a good few players From antrim under age club teams. Your again presuming I'm an adult? I'm 19. You love to presume Farset

Derryboy99

Quote from: farset on December 11, 2018, 11:24:36 PM
Quote from: Derryboy99 on December 11, 2018, 11:08:48 PM
Quote from: farset on December 11, 2018, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: Derryboy99 on December 11, 2018, 02:29:37 PM

You know the names of some Dunloy U16s ffs all the way from Slaughtneil (or so you say). That's a bit weird for an adult.

Far a start I went to St Pats in Maghera which the lad I mentioned attends. Your also forgetting that the antrim minor hurling league includes the likes of SNeil , dungiven , Swatragh and screen etc so I'd know a good few players From antrim under age club teams. Your again presuming I'm an adult? I'm 19. You love to presume Farset

OK but at 19 you are an adult 🤔

Correct at 19 I am an adult. Although in your previous statement your making me out to a be 60 yo peado out watching u16 hurlers. Far from the case

Na Glinntí Glasa

U21 semi final the night. Correct me if im wrong but is the entrance to Coláiste Feirste on the Falls Road at the corner there?

ive never been up to it for a match so its to save me getting lost trying to find my way into it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 12, 2018, 08:46:49 AM
U21 semi final the night. Correct me if im wrong but is the entrance to Coláiste Feirste on the Falls Road at the corner there?

ive never been up to it for a match so its to save me getting lost trying to find my way into it.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Coláiste+Feirste/@54.589881,-5.9706485,17.62z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48610880e382365d:0x11e10bc315b9e5b5!8m2!3d54.5914022!4d-5.9711658?hl=en

entrance just past West Belfast sports & social club on the left hand side if travelling from the whiterock road side

Na Glinntí Glasa

cheers DK, i had an idea thats where it was at.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Beechmount leisure center, back in the day entrance! the pitch is located on the old gravel pitch which i still bear the scars from many a fall or tackle made on that pitch while playing school games!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ahoy hoy

I see st teresas/davitts/rossa took some tanking tonight

Na Glinntí Glasa

First of all the facilities at Coláiste Feirste are some of the best ive seen in a long term. for watching a game thats the best ive been to in an age.

In terms of the game i thought we were comfortable throughout the match and defended very well. Rossa started well and both teams were nip and tuck at 0-04 each until we got 3 points in front and took that lead into half time.

Im not sure but is that our first U21 football final we have qualified for? i know we have never won it before.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Aho hoy

'I see st teresas/davitts/rossa took some tanking tonight'

They sure did. Some of their players behaviour was disgusting but not unexpected thankfully we kpet our heads.

Roll on Saturday where we will play our toughest test to date agaisnt a good St Brigids side