Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

What is your logic here MR?

It's ok to play A and B at minor level - not ok at u21 but ok again in the form of intermediate and junior at adult age group? I am not sure I follow your train of thought.

A B and C or senior intermediate junior are just labels so that hardly matters.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2018, 05:17:13 PM
What is your logic here MR?

It's ok to play A and B at minor level - not ok at u21 but ok again in the form of intermediate and junior at adult age group? I am not sure I follow your train of thought.

A B and C or senior intermediate junior are just labels so that hardly matters.

There is no logic! I had said in an earlier post why are we getting our knickers in a twist over the 'b' grade under 21! It's not like it's a big competition, in my view it should be played off and winners go into the under 21 proper..

So I was accused of belittling it! That's it.

As for junior intermediate and senior,  some posters view it similar to a b c competition, I personally don't.. no biggy. If you want to call it that then fine.

So we are looking forward to the all Ireland b hurling semi final..

Do they still run intermediate and junior county teams? Or b and c county teams?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whatwillbwillb

Footlocker did you not ask CCC to call LD this time instead of St galls last time and see if they would like to concede seeing as youse are the best team!! I still cant believe that youse had the B***s and arrogance to do that... MR ask you club secretary she'll confirm its not BS....

bannside

Brendan Crossan in todays Irish News has a good appraisal of "Saffron Vision" as it will be fondly recalled in years to come. A good read for those who were (or remain) sceptical about the achievements of this group of men who literally stepped up when our county needed them most.

The names of four are acknowledged in the article, (Colie Donnelly, Pol Mc Canna, Terry Reilly and Alex Mc Quillan)and they deserve nothing but the highest praise, as do a few others who were extremely prominent behind the scenes, men like Tony Chivers and Dick Mc Keague.

Their ambition and effort kick started the process of restoring pride in Antrim Gaa and saw this process off to a great start. If Antrim ever fulfils its vast potential then the efforts of these men will be long remembered. Thanks gentlemen for your vast and selfless contribution.

Na Glinntí Glasa

agreed BS. they do a lot of work both on and behind the scenes and have gotten antrim to a good footing compared to the shape we had got ourselves in.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Good luck to Dunloy tomorrow. Really fancy them to give the tournament a real go

paddyjohn

All the best to Dunloy today. Special group of lads

bannside

As I thought Bellaghy just far too strong. Derry champs have a good record in this competition, and this Bellaghy team is a good one. Will take all the beating in this year's St Pauls tournament.

imtommygunn

St brigids 6 points up on creggan at half time.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on December 09, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
As I thought Bellaghy just far too strong. Derry champs have a good record in this competition, and this Bellaghy team is a good one. Will take all the beating in this year's St Pauls tournament.
the score?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 09, 2018, 03:21:34 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 09, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
the score?

Was a big enough score between them.. 13 point difference
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Big result for st brigids. Creggan have some of their best senior players playing at that age group.

Derryboy99

Told you boys Bellaghy wouldent be a push over. Lorcan Brady and Paul Cassidy hard stooped and Conleth McShane that attacking threat from half back! Dunloy never looked liked even shaping and if it wasn't for a penalty that was scored by a rebound it would of been embarrassing for them. Bellaghy should go on and win it now in fairness but cross will take a stopping too. Dunloy probably weakest side in it.

Belfast GAA man

talking to a disgruntled longstanding volunteer coach today who was telling me the Gaelfast coaching positions required 3 years PAID coaching experience. He has been coaching for longer than this and feels he is losing out because of doing his coaching voluntarily. This has to be wrong surely? He has lots of coaching qualifications too which again he did on his own time.

Surely qualifications and experience should override whether you have been paid before or not? This is discrimination against volunteers - please someone tell me what he told me is wrong.......

bannside

St Brigids impressive. I quietly fancied Creggan beforehand but I was well off the mark. James Smyth, Patrick Finnegan and Peter Webb particularly impressive.