12 (10.7%)
5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

ONeill

Was reading an article yesterday penned in 1986. Ger O'Keefe was giving off that the Dubs had changed the game for the worse with their professional approach in 74/75.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 25, 2020, 08:52:53 PM
What county wouldn't want total domination seafoid?

Sid I am beginning to not be convinced that the strength and conditioning Dublin have is catch uppable.
Every county wants ponies but none has ever achieved total domination because teams get old. The Dubs are attempting to override this
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on December 25, 2020, 09:29:01 PM

Sid I am beginning to not be convinced that the strength and conditioning Dublin have is catch uppable.
Every county wants ponies but none has ever achieved total domination because teams get old. The Dubs are attempting to override this

It's Christmas day. Can you not put your bitterness aside for one day?

imtommygunn

It doesn't even make sense dublin7. You want to win every single year. How dare you.

The dubs are attempting to override other teams not having total domination. Is that not what every successful team ever has tried in history in any sport??

seafoid

Quote from: dublin7 on December 25, 2020, 09:37:47 PM

I

It's not bitterness. The system is insane.
Leitrim could buy in 200 Kenyan mid distance runners and train them to.play football and win 10 in a row. This would also be ludicrous.

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on December 26, 2020, 12:20:18 PM

I

Leitrim could buy in 200 Kenyan mid distance runners and train them to.play football and win 10 in a row. This would also be ludicrous.

Your comparison is ludicrous, so why even make it?  Previously your angry bitter rants at least had some semblance of reason I  terms of Dublin's advantages.

Were you on the beer yesterday and watched the movie Cool Runnings? If winning at sport is simply about signing African athletes and training them, why don't football teams go down that route?

seafoid

Quote from: dublin7 on December 26, 2020, 03:11:29 PM

I

Your comparison is ludicrous, so why even make it?  Previously your angry bitter rants at least had some semblance of reason I  terms of Dublin's advantages.

Were you on the beer yesterday and watched the movie Cool Runnings? If winning at sport is simply about signing African athletes and training them, why don't football teams go down that route?
Dublin get 18m and win all the all Irelands and it's supposed to be credible? It isn't
Ciaran Whelan will call it out at Leinster final stage. All Ireland is still too soon for him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1330254398535176204

No all Ireland Dublin win now is valid
Sport without competition is not sport.

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on December 26, 2020, 03:28:03 PM

I

Dublin get 18m and win all the all Irelands and it's supposed to be credible? It isn't
Ciaran Whelan will call it out at Leinster final stage. All Ireland is still too soon for him.

So your saying bringing over Kenyan/African athletes and putting them into training for GAA won't work then?

seafoid

Quote from: dublin7 on December 26, 2020, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 26, 2020, 03:28:03 PM

I

So your saying bringing over Kenyan/African athletes and putting them into training for GAA won't work then?

Bringing in Africans to control the All Ireland wouldvdestriy the competition.  Dublin have achieved the same result.
It's insane.

dublin7

The only thing insane is your bitter ramblings.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on December 27, 2020, 06:29:44 PM

He's not bitter, just disillusioned! A game that he grew up with where hope every couple of decades offered you the chance to dine at the top table is gone! Only the most shortsighted think otherwise!

imtommygunn

How can anyone have any kind of discussion on the topic when it is compared to human tragedies or shipping African long distance athletes over and teaching them the game?

tonto1888

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 27, 2020, 09:04:29 PM
How can anyone have any kind of discussion on the topic when it is compared to human tragedies or shipping African long distance athletes over and teaching them the game?

Agreed. It's sad because the poster who brought up the African athletes was once a very good poster too

fearsiuil

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2020, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 27, 2020, 06:29:44 PM

He's not bitter, just disillusioned! A game that he grew up with where hope every couple of decades offered you the chance to dine at the top table is gone! Only the most shortsighted think otherwise!
He's from a staunch hurling only area of Galway by his own admission, try another angle.

Time to close this tread, same posters same discussion as other threads.

galwayman

His postings for the last while regardless of topic have been off the walls.
Reading various contributions to threads he doesn't actually seem to be much of a Galway supporter be it football or hurling.