Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shantygael

Quote from: Ghost on May 11, 2023, 07:54:58 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 06:49:42 AM
Quote from: Antrim on May 11, 2023, 12:55:41 AM
I've been told on very good authority that there will be  a statement tomorrow and Rory Gallagher will step down

Maybe the players can all come out in t shirts and support him a la Liverpool and Suarez, or they could keep him in the squad and get him sponsored, a la the Watty's and McFaul.

Glen making a symbolic gesture to a squad member who has been a massive part of what they've achieved over the years in both underage and senior hardly that big of a deal. Don't really see the need for cheap shots on it tbh.
Sure what else would you expect
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

seafoid

The statement of the ex wife was very structured. There was enough detail. She mentioned a confidante. It wasn't too long.
  There was no rambling or ranting. It was fact driven. The emotion was controlled. the impact was strong. Especially the 2 fingers in the ribs.
It was issued on  the Wednesday rather than the Saturday, giving things time to percolate.
There is obviously more to come.

This is about the power dynamic between him and her. She had to do a lot of work to get to the point where she could write that post.

"Policies in motion tend to stay in motion ; to change the trajectory of a deeply embedded set of initiatives requires the application of political forces of equal motion " Steve Walt

Armagh18

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on May 10, 2023, 11:33:43 PM
Releasing a song and they're in an ulster final.

There's levels to this game

Tyrone only release them around the all Ireland semi stage
Sure its not too often us boys get to one.

Walter Cronc

I've been told on very good authority that there will be  a statement tomorrow and Rory Gallagher will step down

Maybe the players can all come out in t shirts and support him a la Liverpool and Suarez, or they could keep him in the squad and get him sponsored, a la the Watty's and McFaul.

Lol what a little smick you are!

Armagh18

Quote from: ONeill on May 10, 2023, 11:56:55 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 11:30:48 PM
On a lighter note, has anyone heard the new Armagh song?

Yiz are deadly annoyin
Ffs, we havent even been on Tyrones radar for about 10 years until the last couple,

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Ghost on May 11, 2023, 07:54:58 AM

Glen making a symbolic gesture to a squad member who has been a massive part of what they've achieved over the years in both underage and senior hardly that big of a deal. Don't really see the need for cheap shots on it tbh.
Mmm, I'm not sure I would have wanted my Club to defend that given the background to the case in question
Careful now

ck

ck

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2023, 10:07:39 PM
Derry not looking good in all this. Slow response helps no one.

Derry GAA really do need to get ahead of this. By sitting on their hands they look really poor.

smelmoth

Quote from: ck on May 11, 2023, 09:34:18 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 11, 2023, 12:13:26 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 11:30:48 PM
On a lighter note, has anyone heard the new Armagh song?

This one? The video makes it!

https://fb.watch/krTAiV33S6/

Jeez lad tell me this is a joke!!

I'm afraid not. All the clubs had to write and an original song and we have we have been running a Eurovision style competition since we lost our heads after beating Tyrone last year. The competition concluded this week and I believe the county board were strongly influenced by the decision of the winning team to use professional actors in the video. This has caused consternation within the county as most clubs legitimately considered this to be a song writing competition.

trailer

Armagh18

Armaghtothebone

RG has issued a statement. Got it as WhatsApp but can't copy and paste to here.
Any more tech savy posters able to do so?

Fairly strong rebuttal of her allegations.

Harold Disgracey

This is the WhatsApp message doing the rounds.

"I have been made aware of a social media post by my estranged wife Nicola Gallagher in which she has made a number of very serious allegations against me.
"Our marriage broke down over 4 years ago. Those closest to our family are well aware of the reasons for the breakdown of our marriage and the continued issues we have faced since that time.
"Following long running court proceedings in Family Courts in both jurisdictions, I was granted a full Residence Order in respect of our 3 young children on 17th February 2023. This outcome was recommended by social services.
"Allegations against me have been investigated and dealt with by the relevant authorities.
"My focus over the past 4 years has been to protect our children from the ongoing turmoil in our family.
"I have left this matter in the hands of my legal team and ask that the privacy of our family is respected at this time. I will not be making any further public comment on this matter."

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 11, 2023, 09:52:29 AM
This is the WhatsApp message doing the rounds.

"I have been made aware of a social media post by my estranged wife Nicola Gallagher in which she has made a number of very serious allegations against me.
"Our marriage broke down over 4 years ago. Those closest to our family are well aware of the reasons for the breakdown of our marriage and the continued issues we have faced since that time.
"Following long running court proceedings in Family Courts in both jurisdictions, I was granted a full Residence Order in respect of our 3 young children on 17th February 2023. This outcome was recommended by social services.
"Allegations against me have been investigated and dealt with by the relevant authorities.
"My focus over the past 4 years has been to protect our children from the ongoing turmoil in our family.
"I have left this matter in the hands of my legal team and ask that the privacy of our family is respected at this time. I will not be making any further public comment on this matter."

Thanks Harold. That's the one.

Looks like he's going to tough it out.

Would not want to be a member of Derry county board today!
People asking for tickets would be the least of your problems.

Walter Cronc