The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 17, 2018, 10:58:01 AM
Quote from: TabClear on May 17, 2018, 10:09:21 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 17, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Quote from: supersub on May 16, 2018, 04:59:36 PM
Confirmed. Fair play to the lad - first year outta minor too.

Wait till he returns from the WC with his fragile confidence shot to bits by the media expecting miracles from him.

God forbid he makes a mistake which costs a goal, he'll be hounded.

Unfortunately thats the issue with TAA (& Gomez). Very good for 95% of the game but liable to make a naive mistake and get caught on the wrong side/ball watching that leads to a goal.

Makes you appreciate just how good Steve Finnan and Rob Jones (for some of you older lads  ;) ) were.

He left himself exposed when they played Man Utd and Rashford took full advantage
I haven't seen him do it since. He's only a pup be learning very fast. Not the finished product yet but will get there.
He was all over the place in Rome as well in fairness.

Boycey

He'll hardly play? Be better for the young fella if he was in Ibiza with his mates for a couple of weeks I'd have thought..

TabClear

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2018, 10:58:57 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 17, 2018, 10:58:01 AM

Wait till he returns from the WC with his fragile confidence shot to bits by the media expecting miracles from him.

Unfortunately thats the issue with TAA (& Gomez). Very good for 95% of the game but liable to make a naive mistake and get caught on the wrong side/ball watching that leads to a goal.

Makes you appreciate just how good Steve Finnan and Rob Jones (for some of you older lads  ;) ) were.

He left himself exposed when they played Man Utd and Rashford took full advantage
I haven't seen him do it since. He's only a pup be learning very fast. Not the finished product yet but will get there.
He was all over the place in Rome as well in fairness.

I thought that as well. He was outstanding against Sane in both games but in Rome he was poor. I take Blewuporstuffed point about all young players but for TAA it always seems to be the same mistake, a poor starting position against a wide player cutting in. With Gomez its the ball watching at the back post. Yes a coach should be helping these young guys to address this but at a certain point they need to cop on as well and 19 is old enough to do this.

quit yo jibbajabba

Think long term he'll be midfield but yes, plenty to learn at full back.
Best scenario for him would be squad player with little playin time comes home from wc reputation intact etc

supersub

I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. Amazing how the attitude changes once England are involved.  ::)

The lads first full season and wasn't even a regular the whole season at that, he has done extremely well, of course he is going to make mistakes, what young (or old) player doesn't!! It's how he improves is the key. Fact remains he has been a regular in the team the last few months against some of the best players he is going to come up against. Look at Carragher, he was an absolute bombscare in midfield and right back especially when he started, and improved vastly in a quick period. TAA has started off a lot better than this already. Added to the fact he is probably best suited in midfield, he's doing ok! Doubt he will get too much game time due to Walker/system England will play. But so be it.

trailer

I wouldn't worry too much about the young lad making mistakes. He'll only be making them in training games.

gawa316

He has the best right foot in that squad. Could defo see him being a weapon, playing wing back for them.

An Watcher

He's been poor since the second leg of the man city game.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Text from a United supporting friend of mine after the game today. I don't care that we lost all that matters is Liverpool don't win next week..
That about sums them up imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2018, 09:03:09 PM
Text from a United supporting friend of mine after the game today. I don't care that we lost all that matters is Liverpool don't win next week..

Sums you up more like....

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 19, 2018, 09:12:33 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2018, 09:03:09 PM

Sums you up more like....

You embarrassment  :-X

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 11, 2018, 10:48:02 PM
If Liverpool win the UCL the mods can retire for a while as the vast majority of complaints are due to overly-sensitive 'pool fans not being able to take a bit of 'schtick over their failure to win as much as a teapot in 7 years and just one pathetic league cup in 11 years.  This leads to either (a) the wee scallys bleating to the mods for the rest of us for laughing at them or (b) them resorting to personal insults and incurring bans.   Bless.