Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 13, 2018, 05:06:59 PM
Guess...

Terry O'Neill (minor/u21/senior football)

though he doesn't play hurling

so maybe either...

CJ McGourty of Kieran. (Kieran a bit older so less underage but maybe more senior?)

Few Antrim medals also for Kieran too I'd imagine, three intermediate hurling two Ulster's, and whatever football he has
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Plenty of medals there too obviously but don't think that is the right answer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 13, 2018, 09:04:03 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 13, 2018, 04:36:05 PM
Trivia Question. Which player(s) would have the greatest set of medals in the history of Antrim club football?
Andy McCallin?

Good shout
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

bannside

Portglenone GAC mourn the passing of club referee, and highly esteemed committee member Paul Mc Keever. May he rest in peace.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on November 13, 2018, 10:01:56 PM
Portglenone GAC mourn the passing of club referee, and highly esteemed committee member Paul Mc Keever. May he rest in peace.

Absolutely shocking and gutting BS. I bought a few cars off him and got to know him very well.

Sympathies to all the Casement club and to the McKeever family.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on November 13, 2018, 10:01:56 PM

Sympathies to the McKeever family and the casements club
coming so soon too after the death of Kevin Carey
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Never great when a distinguished club Gael passes away! Sympathies to the McKeever family and club..

Hectic

Terribly sad news about Paul McKeever. Absolutely smashin fella, courteous, accommodating, a massive Gael and most of all a family man.

imtommygunn

Gees. I played against him since under 12. Great wee underage player. Very sad to hear that :(

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Paul McKeever was a gentleman on and off the pitch. A tragic loss to his family and everyone who knew him

bannside

Paul's funeral is at 11am on Saturday morning in Portglenone. The turnout for his wake has been nothing short of phenomenal, and a testimony to the esteem that Paul was held in family, community, business and sporting circles.

A huge percentage have been from the GAA, with hundreds of high profile players, managers, referees and officials lining up for hours to pay their final respect. A special mention to Tyrone Gaels who turned up in huge numbers, many All Stars amongst them, and also the entire Coalisland team, complete in club gear who queued for 2 hours just to gain entrance to the Paul's house where he is reposing. Coalisland were managed by Paul's brother John for several seasons and it was obvious a special relationship existed between them.

Pauls passing will cast a huge shadow in the parish, but he leaves behind a rich legacy, amongst that, an under 8 team that he was hugely influential in developing that took part in many top blitz competitions throughout Ulster, generally performing with distinction. The club will remember this year group as Paul's team.

At sad times like this you really do see the very very best of the GAA at work....sometimes we are far too hard on ourselves!

jdyok

Milltown Row2

So sad! I did the line for Paul a few times over the years! Never stopped smiling throughout the games! A gent

paddyjohn

I went over last night myself. Absolutely unbelievable.

RIP Paul, one of lifes good guys.