GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Taylor on May 15, 2020, 02:00:57 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 15, 2020, 01:50:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 15, 2020, 07:56:32 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 14, 2020, 10:59:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 09:56:53 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 14, 2020, 09:29:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2020, 08:43:33 PM
Are you saying all the leagues in England are being played/finished?
I'm saying they should be, as there is no reason not to play them, and as of now it looks like they will be played.

My point is simple, you can't just play the PL and f**k the rest, the reason why the other leagues might not be played out is logistics and money. Having it null and void won't work, collectively all round it helps teams that sit in relegation spots, unfair on Liverpool and the likes of Leeds and West Brom and so on.

Playing in closed grounds and neutral venues just won't be the same, for me restart the league when possible and play it when safe for fans to savour it.

The only other option is to finish as is on points and declare positions, obviously the only one would be games in hand, try and get them out of the way. But who's going to agree on anything that doesn't suit their own needs?

Can you imagine Liverpool agreeing to not finishing last season considering their position with City?
I didn't say play the PL and fk the rest, I said play them all.
Logistics and money? If the PL can be played, then so can the leagues below them, so that won't be an issue.
Playing behind closed doors will happen, as playing in front of crowds is a long way off.
So having said that, next month when things are a bit safer and they can put in place safety measures, then play the rest of the games off. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Because the PL could run off games how does that mean the leagues below them can as well?
You answered your own question

You do know teams in the lower leagues dont have as much money as PL teams - which means the question still stands?

Do you think teams in the lower leagues can afford the testing that is done for every game?
Do you seriously think teams in the lower divisions are just going to sit idle and end up going out of business because the can't afford a few tests? ;D
Yes, they will be able to cover the necessary number of tests to make sure games go ahead, in order to get their prize money at the end of the season.

SHEEDY

League 2 clubs have voted to end the season, 3 teams promoted, play offs to take place but no relegation. Fa and efl still have to ratify it.
nil satis nisi optimum

Taylor

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 15, 2020, 03:27:37 PM
I'm saying they should be, as there is no reason not to play them, and as of now it looks like they will be played.

My point is simple, you can't just play the PL and f**k the rest, the reason why the other leagues might not be played out is logistics and money. Having it null and void won't work, collectively all round it helps teams that sit in relegation spots, unfair on Liverpool and the likes of Leeds and West Brom and so on.

Playing in closed grounds and neutral venues just won't be the same, for me restart the league when possible and play it when safe for fans to savour it.

The only other option is to finish as is on points and declare positions, obviously the only one would be games in hand, try and get them out of the way. But who's going to agree on anything that doesn't suit their own needs?

Can you imagine Liverpool agreeing to not finishing last season considering their position with City?
Logistics and money? If the PL can be played, then so can the leagues below them, so that won't be an issue.
Playing behind closed doors will happen, as playing in front of crowds is a long way off.
So having said that, next month when things are a bit safer and they can put in place safety measures, then play the rest of the games off. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Because the PL could run off games how does that mean the leagues below them can as well?

You do know teams in the lower leagues dont have as much money as PL teams - which means the question still stands?

Do you think teams in the lower leagues can afford the testing that is done for every game?
Do you seriously think teams in the lower divisions are just going to sit idle and end up going out of business because the can't afford a few tests? ;D
Yes, they will be able to cover the necessary number of tests to make sure games go ahead, in order to get their prize money at the end of the season.

Looks like League 2 clubs dont agree with your expert opinion and superior knowledge  ;D

Boycey

Shooters knowledge on this whole topic of football and Covid19 is unrivalled  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on May 15, 2020, 04:58:17 PM
Shooters knowledge on this whole topic of football and Covid19 is unrivalled  :)

Those other leagues are not important enough though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Taylor on May 15, 2020, 04:26:02 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 15, 2020, 03:27:37 PM

Looks like League 2 clubs dont agree with your expert opinion and superior knowledge  ;D
The meaningful games are still being played.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2020, 05:48:47 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 15, 2020, 04:58:17 PM

Those other leagues are not important enough though
I told you at least twice that they should all be played ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Went back to college as a mature student and that was the day I did my finals. I did what all students did and went on the lash with 9/10 like minded souls.... Anyway at half-time in the match I was feeling happy with life, the exams were in the bag and Liverpool were getting a pasting. I tipped out into the alleyway and lit, a very rare for me, cigar and savoured the moment just at that I received the fateful text. 'A great night for English football' from my housemate at home. I knew then it was in the stars that Liverpool would win. I rambled up to Paddy Powers to see what price Liverpool were and the miserable fcukers were only offering 14/1 and I never placed the bet.

The other cnut is still reminded of the text regularly. It was a good night though . 

quit yo jibbajabba

Got a text from a Galway mate at half time "ah well i guess donkeys dont win derbies"...first boy i phoned at the end. He hung up.

Jumped on plane next day for the homecoming, 2 great days on the beer. Was doing the anfield tour when the trophy arrived (on the Fri? cant mind) got me big head in the Echo with a few other randomers. Good times 😊

Milltown Row2

Coming home from a hurling match up the country, probably Minder's team as I don't think he was playing  ;)

All the way home Liverpool was losing bitta banter with those Pool lads in the car, the boom it started, back at club and watched in disbelief! Fair fucks and all that!

I'd a work colleague Liverpool mad, lost the Bap at halftime took himself off the the driving range, left phone at house, no doubt didn't want tortured lol, his daughter came racing to the range to get him home at 3-3! No amount of stories on that night!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

I remember THIS place the night of the match.

Certain United fans, most still with us, were a wee bit upset and bitter, to say the least! ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on May 25, 2020, 10:43:40 PM

Certain United fans, most still with us, were a wee bit upset and bitter, to say the least! ;D

Was it on the last 'board'?

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on May 25, 2020, 10:43:40 PM

Some things never change sure....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2