Match Programmes - Whats the point anymore?

Started by Qwerty28, July 11, 2011, 03:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty28

Am starting to run out of patience with all the changes being made to teams listed in programmes these days and seriously wonder whats the point of  the match programmes these days. Been at several games so far this summer and the number of changes being made to selected teams is amazing and only ones losing out are suckers like myself paying €3!

Case in point the other night, Longford v Tyrone....Tyrone make 5 changes from teams listed and start no 27 who isnt even listed in the programme! I know county boards get a token fine for changing teams as selected in programme but just another example of the supporteer being taen for granted.

real food, real people

was someone holding your arm up behind your back forcing you to part with the 3 yo-yos?

LeoMc

It's why we don't have segregation. If he is from Longford you shouldn't be there if you don't know your own players. If he was from Tyrone you just turn and ask the first Tyrone man you see and you will learn more about the No 27 than the program would ever tell you .

Rav67

Doohicky

Was the programme at the Tyrone/Longford game just a generic qualifier programme with the team listings in the middle?

There was nothing about the teams, just a load of HQ adds and some generic stuff about the qualifiers in general.

Qwerty28

Exactly, full of material about qualifier records and scorers and the like. No problem buying a programme as I collect them but the line outs are starting to grate.

My point is why bother publishing them and listing teams when so many changes are then made beforehand....maybe just list the players 1 - 30, its not as if positions mean anything either.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Qwerty28 on July 11, 2011, 05:10:00 PM
Exactly, full of material about qualifier records and scorers and the like. No problem buying a programme as I collect them but the line outs are starting to grate.

My point is why bother publishing them and listing teams when so many changes are then made beforehand....maybe just list the players 1 - 30, its not as if positions mean anything either.

They do that in soccer. The back cover is basically a squad list and there's a box to mark if they are playing or not.

Jinxy

I like to whack the person in front of me on the shoulder with a rolled-up programme and shout "Now!" every time we score.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

If the players are playing with their numbers as listed in the programme, I don't care who is in the starting 15 and who plays in what position.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2011, 08:30:55 PM
I like to whack the person in front of me on the shoulder with a rolled-up programme and shout "Now!" every time we score.

Class :) That should be in the things we love about the GAA thread :)

Hup, Hup!!

Leo

They are priceless.....
How else would you have known that in the event of crowd trouble at Pairc Esler we can call in the Garda Siochana?
See Ground Regulations in the programme for proof of this sea-change, allowing the PSNI to concentrate their efforts in Ballyclare and beyond.
Fierce tame altogether