Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

This is a different scale though. Kildare people will understand if they go there. It's not even standing all round either. Very very small ground comparatively speaking probably to any other county.

Rossfan

Green light for Corrigan I hear.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

themac_23

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 12, 2019, 01:22:48 PM
2,122 capacity.

does preference go to the GAA season ticket holders for each county? like if Kildare had 1500 season ticket holders would they get preference over Antrim supporters?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: themac_23 on June 12, 2019, 01:36:25 PM
2,122 capacity.

does preference go to the GAA season ticket holders for each county? like if Kildare had 1500 season ticket holders would they get preference over Antrim supporters?

Kildare have approx 1000 season ticket holders.

#newbridgeornowhere

Shamrock Shore

Hope it's not raining. The upstairs bar can only hold so many......

Blowitupref

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 12, 2019, 10:28:42 AM
No qualifier on Sky, they've opted to save it for later in the year where they can show an extra game.

Their scheduled to show 2 qualifiers in R3 & R4.

Very odd decision to make, as said already a few very intriguing ties that would have got plenty of viewers. Must be the first time since the qualifers was introduced that no round 2 game will get live tv coverage.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

I'd have expected Monaghan/Armagh most likely a TV game.

trailer

2,122 capacity.

Antrim could hold it in a telephone box for all the supporters they'd bring but don't want a 2nd tier as it would get no coverage and nobody would be interested as opposed to the 50k turning up at the minute.... sorry 50 people (inclusive of team and management)

twohands!!!

Quote from: hardstation on June 12, 2019, 07:49:45 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 12, 2019, 07:38:14 PM
2,122 capacity.

Antrim could hold it in a telephone box for all the supporters they'd bring but don't want a 2nd tier as it would get no coverage and nobody would be interested as opposed to the 50k turning up at the minute.... sorry 50 people (inclusive of team and management)
The players & management wouldn't be greatly interested in a 2nd tier Mickey Mouse Cup though. Well, at least they weren't the last time we had one.

"I have always advocated that there should be a tiered championship," believes the 2010 All-Ireland senior club-winning manager with St Gall's.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/antrim-boss-harbinson-backs-tiered-all-ireland-championship-903767.html

From the Bunker

We (Mayo) won the Nicky Rackhard a few years ago. The Cup was in a Hurling development coaches boot who was at our club. I asked if I could get a photo taken with the young lad holding it. There were a lot of parents with their children there. Nobody else availed of the photo opportunity.

Moral of the story. Tiered competitions mean nothing to the general public!

BennyCake

Stop talking perfect sense, youse boys.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on June 12, 2019, 08:02:20 PM
We'll see how he feels when he tries to get his players to buy into it and boys are being lifted off the road and handed jerseys.

We won one. Nobody cared. So much so it was scrapped.

We have been here. It failed.

Nobody cares about youse at the minute. Can't be any worse. Antrim will get humped by Kildare. And no one will care. That's without tiers.

lenny

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 12, 2019, 08:07:15 PM
We (Mayo) won the Nicky Rackhard a few years ago. The Cup was in a Hurling development coaches boot who was at our club. I asked if I could get a photo taken with the young lad holding it. There were a lot of parents with their children there. Nobody else availed of the photo opportunity.

Moral of the story. Tiered competitions mean nothing to the general public!

That's strange because before hurling became tiered hurling was huge in mayo. Massive crowds at all their games and great interest. The tiering ruined it.

Rossfan

Ahhh Bunker remember the good old days when Ros played Rhubarbs in the Connacht SHC and the crowds were massive?