Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

And if they'd done more fundraising, you'd all be on here giving out about how much worse that made the imbalance.   

Yiz are hilarious lads. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 24, 2017, 12:08:07 AM
And if they'd done more fundraising, you'd all be on here giving out about how much worse that made the imbalance.   

Yiz are hilarious lads.

So you are happy to sit on your hands when it comes to the imbalance?

blast05

Quote from: caprea on December 23, 2017, 10:26:51 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 22, 2017, 11:41:45 PM
Quote from: blast05 on December 22, 2017, 08:49:35 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on December 21, 2017, 12:57:39 PM
Hilarious reading the reply's. Rename the thread to the crying game.

One point though, perhaps Dublin don't need to fundraise due to other income streams........... Most logical explanation.

Again, reminder, EIR Sport on Christmas eve, Dublins say, enjoy gentlemen.

All i want is to see a link to the published Dublin accounts.
Here is the latest Mayo one (page 7 showing the best summary)... http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/galleries/21_uploaded/e72a9d45499535c4e5e22e637a12d314e9330af0.pdf

Why do Dublin not publish there's? Or if they do, then i'd be much  obliged if you could add the link to this discussion thread

http://www.stsylvesters.ie/files/dublin-county-board-accounts-2016/view

There's 2016 for you.

Well they're consistent about not doing much fundraising anyway, it's a good thing most in the GAA have been a little more proactive historically or Gaelic games never would have got off the ground at all.

I believe it might be different at Dublin club level though in fairness but incredible to see how lazy the county board have been with fundraising.

Thanks.
A few things stand out and are interesting:

- I can't see what was spent on the senior team. I see "team administration" expenses at €1.5M. How much of this is on senior footballers and why no breakdown like MAyo ones for example .... medical, transport, etc ?
- Maintenance and upkeep of grounds cost ~€9,000 per week. And yet O'Toole Park, Braemore Park and Parnell Park are the only grounds listed. It does though list "club grounds" .... does the county board pay for the upkeep of club grounds ?
- Administration expenses are listed at ~€21K per week (~€1.126 million) ... this is the standout for me. Presuming the 1.5 million in 1st point takes care of all team expenses, then how the blazes can there then be an additional need for 21K administration expenses ????

caprea

Quote from: blast05 on December 24, 2017, 10:07:05 AM
Quote from: caprea on December 23, 2017, 10:26:51 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 22, 2017, 11:41:45 PM
Quote from: blast05 on December 22, 2017, 08:49:35 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on December 21, 2017, 12:57:39 PM
Hilarious reading the reply's. Rename the thread to the crying game.

One point though, perhaps Dublin don't need to fundraise due to other income streams........... Most logical explanation.

Again, reminder, EIR Sport on Christmas eve, Dublins say, enjoy gentlemen.

All i want is to see a link to the published Dublin accounts.
Here is the latest Mayo one (page 7 showing the best summary)... http://sportlomo-userupload.s3.amazonaws.com/uploaded/galleries/21_uploaded/e72a9d45499535c4e5e22e637a12d314e9330af0.pdf

Why do Dublin not publish there's? Or if they do, then i'd be much  obliged if you could add the link to this discussion thread

http://www.stsylvesters.ie/files/dublin-county-board-accounts-2016/view

There's 2016 for you.

Well they're consistent about not doing much fundraising anyway, it's a good thing most in the GAA have been a little more proactive historically or Gaelic games never would have got off the ground at all.

I believe it might be different at Dublin club level though in fairness but incredible to see how lazy the county board have been with fundraising.

Thanks.
A few things stand out and are interesting:

- I can't see what was spent on the senior team. I see "team administration" expenses at €1.5M. How much of this is on senior footballers and why no breakdown like MAyo ones for example .... medical, transport, etc ?
- Maintenance and upkeep of grounds cost ~€9,000 per week. And yet O'Toole Park, Braemore Park and Parnell Park are the only grounds listed. It does though list "club grounds" .... does the county board pay for the upkeep of club grounds ?
- Administration expenses are listed at ~€21K per week (~€1.126 million) ... this is the standout for me. Presuming the 1.5 million in 1st point takes care of all team expenses, then how the blazes can there then be an additional need for 21K administration expenses ????

It is itemized if you scroll to the very end.

tippabu

What fundraisers do dublin actually do throughout the year, I know of dubs at the dogs that goes towards their holiday fund but anything else thats public and people know about? I never hear of them doing anything in america in the same way kerry do and make a fortune from that?

Cunny Funt

With 1.6 million in sponsorship money coming in is their much need for funrasing? does anyone have a link to what sponsorship money Dublin were receiving before 2011?

AZOffaly

Quote from: tippabu on December 24, 2017, 11:15:36 AM
What fundraisers do dublin actually do throughout the year, I know of dubs at the dogs that goes towards their holiday fund but anything else thats public and people know about? I never hear of them doing anything in america in the same way kerry do and make a fortune from that?

Did they not have a big all Ireland breakfast or something?

caprea

Wrote something about the topic in question having gone through Dublin's, Mayo's and Cork's finances for 2015,2016 and a bit of what was available on 2017.

https://veryintobloggingveryintonewmedia.wordpress.com/2018/01/01/dublin-gaa-finances-under-the-microscope/

Dinny Breen

Quote from: caprea on January 03, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Wrote something about the topic in question having gone through Dublin's, Mayo's and Cork's finances for 2015,2016 and a bit of what was available on 2017.

https://veryintobloggingveryintonewmedia.wordpress.com/2018/01/01/dublin-gaa-finances-under-the-microscope/

Interesting, so many questions yet so few answers forthcoming. Dublin's footballer's backroom don't come cheap. Dublin's hurler's management and backroom don't come cheap. Probably not much change out of 1.5m which could explain the admin costs. Ideal speculation of course.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

I see the Dublin Ladies got to play 4 times (as double headers) in Croke Park last year! No harm to gain more experience on the main stage!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 24, 2017, 12:08:07 AM

Yiz are hilarious lads.

Yes, of course we would. This is a lesson for us all in hand-outs!

Avondhu star

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 04, 2018, 11:13:44 AM
Quote from: caprea on January 03, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

Interesting, so many questions yet so few answers forthcoming. Dublin's footballer's backroom don't come cheap. Dublin's hurler's management and backroom don't come cheap. Probably not much change out of 1.5m which could explain the admin costs. Ideal speculation of course.
The Irish Examiner of 6.12.17 reported that training of all county teams amou ted to 1.74 million.
Not much difference from Dublin there. I accept that they are a dual county team with realistic hopes each year of giving a good run at Senior u21 and minor.
If counties like Kildare and Meath got their act together there is plenty money around for them. Laois Sligo etc can whistle for dixie
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 24, 2017, 11:51:20 PM
Quote from: tippabu on December 24, 2017, 11:15:36 AM

Did they not have a big all Ireland breakfast or something?
For fundraising they win All Irelands, the rest follows.