Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 10, 2015, 08:01:37 AM
Fair play to Norn Iron and they will defo be my 2nd team in the tournament, if the Republic qualify.

Although the location of Windsor Park doesnt help, Eddie Harrison and his sentiment don't own Norn Iron. Its not exclusive to those guys and that attitude, as I am sure gawa could testify.

That is a very generous post. Well done.

snoopdog

Quote from: armaghniac on October 09, 2015, 05:43:32 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2015, 04:49:42 PM
FAI merging with IFA?

Could you see Billy from the Shankill having a pre match pint in Dublin with Sean from The Falls with a tri colour wrapped around him? It's pure fantasy land, that is, so it is.

That's the problem with this kind of proposal. It is always characterised as joining "themmuns", the people you have rows with a couple of streets away. But neither Billy nor Sean are Ireland, and Jim from Banbridge and Frank from Waterford should be able to have a pint without problems.

For the recent all ireland hurling semi final I was on the bus from banbridge to Dublin and at least 10 lads got on with  half of them wearing Waterford jerseys. So they are already having pints together

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

clarshack

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 04:15:03 PM
Great supporters indeed:

Up to our necks in Fenian blood

seen that on fb earlier. some of the comments saying it's only a minority as it just shows one pub. :o a minority for me would be 3 or 4 fans in the one pub singing it - not the whole pub.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on October 10, 2015, 04:55:10 PM
It's a pub on the Shankill, what are people expecting

And a whole terrace at the game itself singing the 'bouncy song' (celebrating the murder of Robert Hamill in Portadown) - is that to be expected too?

imtommygunn

Does everyone singing that song associate it with that? I wouldn't have thought so?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 05:02:24 PM

And a whole terrace at the game itself singing the 'bouncy song' (celebrating the murder of Robert Hamill in Portadown) - is that to be expected too?

If we look hard enough at any game in the country we could hear something that will offend someone..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 05:02:24 PM

Debatable as to whether that song is about Robert Hamill, apparently it dates from the 80s?

Fear ón Srath Bán

God bless all your innocences if you think that song hasn't been 'rededicated' and that the singers don't know that the Taigs know well what's being 'celebrated'.

Not surprising I suppose (that such is deemed 'expected') when one of their political mandarins talks about having to 'hold his nose' when fulfilling the duties of political office with equally mandated representatives from the 'fenian' community.

general_lee

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 05:51:04 PM
God bless all your innocences if you think that song hasn't been 'rededicated' and that the singers don't know that the Taigs know well what's being 'celebrated'.
I wouldn't question there being an element of the support fitting the above description, but the whole stand?

imtommygunn

I don't believe for a second a stand full of people are singing that song in that spirit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 10, 2015, 05:51:04 PM

Not surprising I suppose (that such is deemed 'expected') when one of their political mandarins talks about having to 'hold his nose' when fulfilling the duties of political office with equally mandated representatives from the 'fenian' community.

You've a lot of anger in you lad... There are seriously thick bigots supporting certain teams ... But they are clampits of the highest order and don't represent everybody... Even you with your educated background and non biased view on things can agree on that??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea