Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebuzz

Quote from: Art Mc Crory's Sofa on January 27, 2020, 10:05:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 27, 2020, 06:54:20 PM
The MOT centre debacle rolls on. Mine is due on 8th Feb. Anyone any idea when this will all be sorted out?!

That's pure horse shit too. There's f**k the much wrong with any photos I seen of those car lifts. If they'd work away until they got them fixed/replaced it wouldn't do anyone any harm.

If they're throwing them out I'll take one off their hands. Would love a lift for wee odd jobs.  :) :) :) :)

TabClear

Quote from: AFM on January 27, 2020, 11:10:19 AM
You soon will have to go into work put earphones in, speak to no one  - not about kids in case you offend those with no kids, not about your partner to avoid hurting the self-partnered, not about TV or sport, avoid all eye contact in case you are accused of sexual harassment - wear a uniform in case anything about your person offends some snowflake, eat in the toilet in case you have meat that offends some vegan, oh and these will be communal toilets for the LGBTQ, park your car miles away in case someone is offended you are destroying the planet - how the fcuk did society get here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51261999

Chat about football or cricket in the workplace should be curtailed, a management body has warned.

Ann Francke, head of the Chartered Management Institute, said sports chat can exclude women and lead to more laddish behaviour.

My office was very politically correct and all inclusive yesterday with everbody wondering how the daft cow got to where she is if that is the kind of nonsense she comes out with.

Franko

The MOT centre debacle rolls on. Mine is due on 8th Feb. Anyone any idea when this will all be sorted out?!

That's pure horse shit too. There's f**k the much wrong with any photos I seen of those car lifts. If they'd work away until they got them fixed/replaced it wouldn't do anyone any harm.

Saw one at the weekend.  Was in the MOT centre and asked the guy what the story was.  Were the lifts in bad shape or was it some H&S gombeen making a name for themselves?  He walked me over and showed me one.  It's not a storm in a teacup.  If they're all like this one then they're fcuked.  I wouldn't stand under them anyway.

johnnycool

Quote from: Franko on January 28, 2020, 09:40:22 AM

Saw one at the weekend.  Was in the MOT centre and asked the guy what the story was.  Were the lifts in bad shape or was it some H&S gombeen making a name for themselves?  He walked me over and showed me one.  It's not a storm in a teacup.  If they're all like this one then they're fcuked.  I wouldn't stand under them anyway.

They can't be that old some of them, so it must be a design flaw or not fit for purpose.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on January 28, 2020, 10:08:08 AM

They can't be that old some of them, so it must be a design flaw or not fit for purpose.

To many brown envelopes stuffed down the back of them!

Franko

One of 3 things could have caused the damage I saw;

- Poor design
- Inadequate greasing of pivot joints resulting in excess stresses
- Poor quality steel used in construction of legs

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on January 28, 2020, 11:48:57 AM

- Poor design

How many years have these things been operating?

As for the inadequate greasing that's a maintenance issues, so whoever was employed to service the things was at fault, if that was the case.
If there was cracks in the steel then poor quality or allowing them to rust in parts would certainly be a big factor.

A client of mine works at one of the centres, I must ask him when he's in again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

I know there is at least one all-Ireland medal winner working in an MOT test centre.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on January 28, 2020, 05:22:21 PM
I know there is at least one all-Ireland medal winner working in an MOT test centre.

Downpatrick?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Are you sure that you are not taking the Mickey?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Franko on January 28, 2020, 11:48:57 AM

- Poor design
That may be bit they're supposed to be checked every 6 months and I'd very much doubt the structural of almost all of them has deteriorated in the last 6 months. Poor maintenance and no/falsified inspection records will be at the bottom of this.

Jeepers Creepers

Mrs Browns balls wins best comedy at the National (British) tv Awards.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2020, 05:40:42 PM

Downpatrick?

Mickey was in Newry back in the day.

A former Down Hurling Chairman used to work in the one in Downpatrick. Many's a hurl was left on the backseat to see if it would sway the issuing of a certificate or not  ;D

Having a hurl in the car guaranteed a failure in Newtownards

Rudi

FG women politicians, I'm in no way political, however these yokes manage to screw things up to infinity. Very unlikable characters.