Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2019, 05:47:21 PM
Quote from: red hander on February 26, 2019, 05:13:15 PM
Today proves again that Theresa May couldn't lie straight in bed, you cannot trust a word that comes out of her mouth ... that is why it is going to be f**king hilarious when she throws those DUP cnuts under the bus  ;D

Let's hope it is bus made in Ballymena, at least.

That would be the Wright stuff for them

omaghjoe

Been an interesting 48 hours or so with the changes in tactics from 3 of the main players in Brexit.
Firstly Corbyn comes out in favour of ref2
Now May says 29 March is no longer Brexit day
...and then
Seafoid declares he's no longer gonna spam us to death and will allow for meaningful discussion on this thread.
All appear to be a step in the right direction with the latter having the biggest effect to our daily lives.

omaghjoe

On a serious note thanks seafoid for finding an amicable compromise.
An example to us all!

seafoid

Should be EU be helping the Brits with the border in order to assist the DUP to get out of the GFA ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

British government briefing documents on the consequences of no deal

https://t.co/4VP4N95JPD

Norn Iron bit 35-38.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Make believe numbers.

That report will be as massaged as the Attorney General's advice to parliament that the backstop was non-binding.

We all now know that to be utterly mis-representative of actual reality. I expect this paper is the same.

If there is a no deal - the fallout will be far more brutal than that paper would suggest.
i usse an speelchekor

GJL

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 27, 2019, 10:36:42 AM
Make believe numbers.

That report will be as massaged as the Attorney General's advice to parliament that the backstop was non-binding.

We all now know that to be utterly mis-representative of actual reality. I expect this paper is the same.

If there is a no deal - the fallout will be far more brutal than that paper would suggest.

I think the last couple of day's developments from both Labour and Tories shows that no deal is going to be avoided one way or the other as they all know it would be economic suicide.

seafoid

I don't think no Deal can happen. And May's deal is also crap

Walter Cronc

Surely the only credible solution is to throw the DUP under the bus and a border at the sea.

weareros

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2019, 11:22:59 AM

Her gambit is that it will be considered the least crap of the 3 options. But what happens if all 3 options get rejected - will UK not default back to No Deal?

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on February 27, 2019, 11:37:07 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2019, 11:22:59 AM

Her gambit is that it will be considered the least crap of the 3 options. But what happens if all 3 options get rejected - will UK not default back to No Deal?
I think the reason why they haven't decided yet is because Brexit is so awful even if a majority voted for it
No deal doesn't have the numbers.
It is down to Remain vs her deal I think

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 27, 2019, 11:34:17 AM
Surely the only credible solution is to throw the DUP under the bus and a border at the sea.

The DUP bet the house on a fantasy
Tsk tsk

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2019, 03:37:45 PM

Tsk tsk

The DUP will be steadfast in standing their ground much akin to Nero when Rome was burning.
Paddy Kielty is entirely right that the DUP's best chance to save face is a second referendum but they won't say as much.

Problem Teasie has is that her brinkmanship is reliant on getting enough labour rebels to vote for her in sufficient numbers to make the DUP's 10 votes and whatever of her ERG nut job faction irrelevant. If that does come to pass then not only will there be a huge faultline in the Tory party but also Labour and how that plays out in the next General Election will be very interesting.

We'll only know that on the 12th of March.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on February 28, 2019, 09:21:56 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2019, 03:37:45 PM

Tsk tsk

The DUP will be steadfast in standing their ground much akin to Nero when Rome was burning.
Paddy Kielty is entirely right that the DUP's best chance to save face is a second referendum but they won't say as much.

Problem Teasie has is that her brinkmanship is reliant on getting enough labour rebels to vote for her in sufficient numbers to make the DUP's 10 votes and whatever of her ERG nut job faction irrelevant. If that does come to pass then not only will there be a huge faultline in the Tory party but also Labour and how that plays out in the next General Election will be very interesting.

We'll only know that on the 12th of March.
Most Tory voters are pro Brexit
The party has sold them smoke
Someone has to tell them the truth

For some reason I was reminded of  Crossmaglen Rangers. There's a BBC documentary about them and in it Oisin McConville says that the response to the pitch being occupied was
"f**k youse. We are going to win the All Ireland". And they did it.
Mrs McConville says in the film that before the town was famous for the troubles. Now it is famous for sporting excellence. 

That is real.
Brexit is fake

gallsman

Is that supposed to be some sort of analogy or metaphor?!