Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeDonns

McMenamin  & McGuigan to get involved with the minors with Donnelly and McHugh finishing up at the end of the year;
http://ulsterherald.com/2014/09/02/mcguigan-and-mcmenamin-join-tyrone-minor-management-team/
QuoteThe 2015 Tyrone minor footballers will be under the guidance of a new-look management team. The managerial duo of Mickey Donnelly and Kieran McHugh have landed the services of triple All-Ireland winners Brian McGuigan and Ryan McMenamin to their coaching team, in what is seen as a massive boost to Tyrone's prospects. The pair excelled at opposite ends of the pitch for Mickey Harte's senior side during the most successful spell in the county's history, McMenamin one of the finest defensive players Tyrone has ever produced, while McGuigan was their architect and playmaker in attack. Now, they will pass on that wealth of knowledge and experience to the next generation of Tyrone stars. Both have already immersed themselves in coaching roles at club level, with McMenamin lauded for the work he has been doing with Dromore's underage sides, while McGuigan was part of the Ardboe management team which guided the O'Donovan Rossa side to the Tyrone minor final a fortnight ago. It is understood that Donnelly and McHugh will step down from their roles at the end of the 2015 campaign, regardless of the outcome, and that would create a scenario which would allow a seamless transition for McGuigan and McMenamin to take over the lead roles heading into 2016 and beyond - See more at: http://ulsterherald.com/2014/09/02/mcguigan-and-mcmenamin-join-tyrone-minor-management-team/#sthash.Tu9M688R.dpuf

NDA

Very positive to hear Ricey and Brian McGuigan are being groomed as future county managers. Unusually well thought out approach for Tyrone County Board rather than usual haphazard stuff. These 2 boys have a lot to offer. Great news for Tyrone football.

Napper

Your naivety is laughable NDA. You reckon the county board has a strategy? They aren't even aware that these men were being asked. Papering over the cracks.

bigtogs

Quote from: Napper on September 02, 2014, 12:47:12 PM
Your naivety is laughable NDA. You reckon the county board has a strategy? They aren't even aware that these men were being asked. Papering over the cracks.

there is no way that is the case!! Can't be... surely mick donnelly was "given" these two by the county management committee!!

NDA

Quote from: Napper on September 02, 2014, 12:47:12 PM
You seem to know a lot. Maybe too much? My guess is your a dissenting voice in county board circles that was kept out of the loop then.
I'm no county board fan but this for a change is a first class piece of work.

Napper

No such thing as a dissenting voice in the county board.

Tyrone Gaa

A similar management strategy was tried 2 years ago with the u21s!!  Didn't Philip Jordan and Brian Dooher help Raymond Munroe.  That didn't work out to well but perhaps Donnelly may be more open minded than what Munroe is rumoured to be.
Living the dream!!!

NDA

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 02, 2014, 01:23:44 PM
A similar management strategy was tried 2 years ago with the u21s!!  Didn't Philip Jordan and Brian Dooher help Raymond Munroe.  That didn't work out to well but perhaps Donnelly may be more open minded than what Munroe is rumoured to be.
Similar thing tried with u21s yes but my guy feeling is this is a better strategy. Ricey and Brian have more coaching experience and reports suggest they will be taking charge in 2016.

WT4E

Quote from: NDA on September 02, 2014, 02:02:28 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 02, 2014, 01:23:44 PM
Similar thing tried with u21s yes but my guy feeling is this is a better strategy. Ricey and Brian have more coaching experience and reports suggest they will be taking charge in 2016.

I've definitely seen Ricey with Dromore youth teams but does McGuigan take Ardboe youth teams? How can he have more coaching experience?

tyroneboi

He was over Ardboe minors this year not sure of his involvement in youth teams prior to that. Good move though IMO.

barelegs

I see it's being reported Hunky Dorys have pulled the plug next.

http://gaeliclife.com/2014/09/things-no-longer-hunky-dory-in-tyrone/

Tyrone GAA must find a new jersey sponsor for 2015, as well as for their domestic club championships, after Hunky Dorys opted not to renew their agreement.

The Meath-based crisp firm, whose parent company Largo Foods also owns the Tayto brand in the South of Ireland, came on board as Tyrone sponsors in November 2012 on an initial two year deal with the option to extend for a third year, but have informed Tyrone GAA that they will not be taking up that option.

Club delegates at tonight's Tyrone county committee meeting were told that the sponsorship deal, worth six figures a year to Tyrone GAA, will expire at the end of the current Tyrone club championship series.

WT4E

Probably a key indicator that tyrone need a swift change in direction! Under new management in
My opinion!

Norf Tyrone

A bit of chaos re the minor management team?

As per Teamtalk tonight!

"Tyrone looking for new minor management following county committee meeting decision this evening. Full story to follow"
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WeeDonns

QuoteThe 2015 Tyrone minor management post remains open this morning following a decision taken at the county committee meeting last night.  It had been thought that Mickey Donnelly and Kieran McHugh would be ratified as managers for the new season but they failed to garner enough votes from the county's leading decision making body.  Donnelly and McHugh were in charge of the Tyrone minor footballers since the beginning of the 2011 season.

Nominations for the management posts now rest with the  clubs.  Those nominations and selection of the new management team are expected to be concluded in the coming weeks

So I guess the timing of yesterdays news on the addition of McGuigan & McMenamin to their backroom team was to gain support at last nights meeting, which didn't quite work.

To ratify a decision like this; how many votes are needed? 50%+1? 66%? Anyone here been a county board rep?

Up The Middle

Was it not the case that Donnelly was reinstated a couple of weeks ago "unopposed", from what i hear it was rushed through and there was actually another party which were interested, this party then made a complaint to the county committee.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.