Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Was out for a few pints da udder night with some dubs & we were saying how after Christmas most people are a bit down with nothing to look forward to. However with the pre league competitions about to start I love that excitement of looking at new players & watch them try to take their chance. Some know that they could be playing in Croke park in front of 70,000 later in the year. I don't know many of the new batch so wondered if you do know them who can you see pushing to get into the team this year? Will Mattie Donnelly, Ronan O'Neill, Coney & McNamee be regulars?

Redhand Santa

I suppose out of the new younger players they're 4 of the more likely to start in the coming year. Mattie Donnelly looked like he had good potential but still feel he has more to do to earn a regular starting place. I could be wrong but he seemed to be scoring less at club level last year and wasn't doing much scoring for Tyrone (partly expected due to his role).

You'd be hoping that both Coney and O'Neill could have an injury free year and really push on. Would make a big difference to the forward line. Will also be very interesting to see how McCurry gets on this year.

Harte obviously rates McNamee highly so looking forward to seeing him in new year. I really think we need to find at least another one really good man marker in defence.

In the last few years there are a number of players who always seem to be injured at some point come the championship. The likes of Coney, Justy McMahon, McNabb and PJ Quinn always seem to pick up injuries. It would be great if we got a good run on this front this year.

carmenabu

Hi, anyone know of link to get sentanta sports stream for Down V Tyrone match today

ziggysego

Tyrone will welcome three of the last four All-Ireland Champions and the winners of six of the last seven Allianz National Leagues to Healy Park, Omagh this Spring

·         That means Donegal; Cork; and Kerry come to visit in the space of five weeks

·         Tyrone's 'Spring into Action' campaign builds on this unique opportunity to see Ireland's best teams and players in action

·         Tyrone has never previously enjoyed a home Allianz League programme of this quality

·         The campaign involves a 'Spring into Action Red Hand View' fanzine being put into every school in Tyrone (15,000 copies across 100 schools): a copy is attached

·         Under 16s get free access to all games

·         Under 16s also get the chance to enter a free draw at each game (in association with Tyrone sponsors, Hunky Dorys and O'Neills)

·         The draw prizes are:

o       5 O'Neills Footballs (this prize will be drawn at the Donegal game on 3 March)

o       4 tickets for a family to a corporate box for the Dublin/Tyrone game in Croke Park on 16 March (drawn at the Cork game on 10 March)

o       4 Family Passes to Tayto Park in Meath (drawn at the Kerry game on 7 April).

·         Draw tickets are included as part of the 'Spring into Action Red Hand View' fanzine and collection points will be available at the Donegal, Cork and Kerry games

·         The Kerry game will end with Tyrone's now traditional 'Meet the Players' opportunity
Testing Accessibility

The Trap

any sign of club football????????? or do they care????????????

LeoMc

Quote from: The Trap on March 03, 2013, 03:44:36 PM
any sign of club football????????? or do they care????????????

Would that be the club football thread you are looking for?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bad thumping for the U21s against Monaghan in Emyvale this evening (Shamrock Cup Final), losing 4-08 to 0-06!  :(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Worrying result given the team that was out. From the minor winning team the only one's I noticed that didn't start were McGarrity, Deeney (came on), Canavan (came on) and Tierney. McCurry also didn't seem to play any part. Hasn't played for the seniors since January so can only assume he's carrying a knock. Bradley  came of the bench. Looked a serious talent for the minors last year but looked so small and light its hard to know if he'll be ready for this level. Would certainly be worried entering the u21 championship now in a few weeks. The only positive was the game time got by Grugan and Ronan O'Neill.

Fear ón Srath Bán

A big thanks to John Devine, and best to him, has been a great servant over the years.

Bad news about Kyle Coney - what's the latest on the injury? I take it no operation is necessary?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

God14

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 06, 2013, 10:19:27 PM
Worrying result given the team that was out. From the minor winning team the only one's I noticed that didn't start were McGarrity, Deeney (came on), Canavan (came on) and Tierney. McCurry also didn't seem to play any part. Hasn't played for the seniors since January so can only assume he's carrying a knock. Bradley  came of the bench. Looked a serious talent for the minors last year but looked so small and light its hard to know if he'll be ready for this level. Would certainly be worried entering the u21 championship now in a few weeks. The only positive was the game time got by Grugan and Ronan O'Neill.

from memory that minor team took an awful thumping in the minor league final in 2010, think it was meath?
Hopefully its a good omen. Strong side on paper at least

everymanaman

Quote from: God14 on March 20, 2013, 12:46:18 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 06, 2013, 10:19:27 PM

from memory that minor team took an awful thumping in the minor league final in 2010, think it was meath?
Hopefully its a good omen. Strong side on paper at least
Took a hammering all right but it was Dublin who beat them

orangeman

John Devine has been some servant to Tyrone football.

A proper gentleman and an extremely talented goalkeeper who came to the rescue time after time.

I wish him well in his retirement and he leaves owing Tyrone nothing.

GJL

Best of luck John. Plenty of medals to be won yet. #Errigal.

Knock Yer Mucker In

God14

What's the story with the Moy Park deal lads? It's great to see them invest some cash in Tyrone GAA, however... What do Moy Park get out of it? What's the difference in a title sponsor (hunky dory) and a "brand sponsor"??
Wasn't there a motion on congress passed for a second shirt sponsor?