Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NICSSA

Intermediate Football Championship

Aghagallon  3-13 1-21 St. Endas 

Serious high scoring match last night if correct, St Endas play either us or Glenavy in the semi final

johnjoe

No one has ever doubted Magill or Dougan`s ability. Personally I`m delighted to have them back, and I think if we are going to beat Wicklow, they will be needed at some stage in the match. I`d say both were a bit careless with the committment thing earlier in the year, and with lessons learned, Antrim football will be a lot better for their inclusion. Definitely two excellent talents.

Well done to Jody and good luck to all involved on Saturday. It wont be easy, but lets hope we win, and put down a marker for next season. Will be kicking every ball with you!

Well

Intermediate Football Championship

Aghagallon 3-13 St Enda's 1-21

Was indeed the correct score, although extra time was played.

imtommygunn

Not much comment on the tommy murphy cup here.

I have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing the footballers play in croke park. I know this is perceived as a "mickey mouse" competition but I think Jody has done well to keep focus in the squad to get this far - you only have to remember that last year we couldn't beat Clare in casement and this year we beat them in Clare. I think the winning and getting this far will breed a bit more confidence too.

Regarding Aghagallon - St Endas. Reading on other sites it still seems like rossa may go to the ulster council about this so that whole saga may not be over. Hopefully it doesn't mess the whole competition up.

Magill and Dougan should be in the squad - they're two decent footballers and it's good to see them there.

Maximus Marillius

QuoteI know this is perceived as a "mickey mouse" competition

Perceived my arse...it is amickey mouse compo, buts thats not Antrims fault, the tube powers that be refused to let Division 4 teams play in the qualifiers, which is an absolute disgrace( and I cant figure out why there was not an unholy row with Croke park for even suggestion it never mind getting away with it). So once again the best of luck to Antrim

imtommygunn

Well ok it is more than perceived but when else would we get a chance to play in croke park! It's the hand we've been dealt and we've done well with it so we may take the chance while we've got it.

Square Ball

irrespective of how this cup is perceived we are there, lets hope we can win it. Jody and the team have  put a lot of work into this and to play for your county in HQ is what it is all about!!

Good luck to all
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Edge of the Square

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on August 03, 2007, 11:37:49 AM
QuoteI know this is perceived as a "mickey mouse" competition

Perceived my arse...it is amickey mouse compo

Max (charlie) why dont you piss off back to the Derry thread. The Tommy Cooper Cup rocks ::) ;)

PlayWithTheWind

Kelly and Niblock both doubtful, carrying injuries and havnt trained this week!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Lecale2

Good luck Antrim. It won't be easy but let's hope they can rise to the occasion and bring the Cup North. Good that the games live on TV.

Square Ball

was at an under 14 match so only seen the first 15 minutes, listened to a bit on the radio, gutted for the players and management, nothing worse that a last kick goal to knock the confidence.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

culchy1

Would just like to comiserate and congratulate Jody and the boys, for such a gallant effort on saturday.
IF only the ref had've blown for the kickout not being outisde the 21, IF only someone had've fouled them before they crossed the halfway line, IF only !!

with jody as manager, he showed his qualities on sat he knew when to make switches, and that panel of players we can go somewhere, maybe not sam maguire but div 4 next year would be a start!

rashCharacter

Heard that Rossa have won there appeal to the Ulster council regarding them being chucked out of the intermediate championship.
Result is that St Enda's have to play them again, then Aghagallon are back in and they play the winners.

What a balls up!

In my opinion there are two parties at fault, CCC for even playing St Enda's Aghagallon when Rossa were appealing and,
Rossa for being a pack of whingers who can't accept fixtures and the rules that everyone else abides by.

imtommygunn

Gees Rossa always seem to get away with things...

Aghagallon should never have been brought into this. What was the need to play that match so much earlier than the rest of the games anyway?? Complete mess as usual.

Maximus Marillius

Slim Shady where are you...stop hiding                                                  Slim Shady where are you...stop hiding