Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Did anyone expect anything other than a farce?!

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 09, 2018, 11:20:09 PM
Did anyone expect anything other than a farce?!

True but I didn't expect it to be THAT bad!

BennyHarp

I like Fury but that was a joke from start to finish. Embarrassing!
That was never a square ball!!

Hound

I hadn't followed any of the build up to this fight, but in fairness to BT, they said from the very start of the coverage that this was a nonsense of a fight, and it was all about Fury getting a few rounds in.

nrico2006

Im a big fury fan but this was as big a joke as ive seen. Your man was tiny, but it was like he was told to quit at a certain point as he was hardly hurt.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

There were better fights and better punches in the crowd.

Anyway, Fury's comeback had to start somewhere. At least it's started. A lot of conditioning work needed.

Atticus_Finch

When I heard Fury's next fight was going to be on the undercard of the Frampton fight last night I thought that didn't bode well for the quality of opponent they were going to get for Frampton.  Rightly or wrongly, I felt with Fury being an undercard fighter that suggested Warren was trying to go with a big undercard to deflect away from the headline fight being a bit of a let down.

I'm hearing speculation that Carl's opponent will be Luke Jackson. I had to google him to be honest.  What I imagine Warren will tell you is that he is an unbeaten fighter, former Olympian and rated 5 by the WBO.   What I will tell you is that he is 33 and ranked 44 in the division by Boxrec.  To put that in context Kiko Martinez is ranked 19 in the division.

Hopefully, it is nothing but speculation because if that is the fight that materialises it will surely be a big let down for Frampton and his fans who had been looking forward to this Windsor Park fight for a long time.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

heganboy

If Fury manages to keep her between the ditches, can he trouble Joshua?
In 6 months with proper prep i would see him as a seriously dangerous opponent.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Quote from: heganboy on June 11, 2018, 04:13:34 AM
If Fury manages to keep her between the ditches, can he trouble Joshua?
In 6 months with proper prep i would see him as a seriously dangerous opponent.

The Fury that beat Klitschko would absolutely bamboozle and embarrass Joshua. Whether there's any chance he's still alive is another matter.

Milltown Row2

Yeah the Frampton Windsor experience will fall pretty flat if he doesnt get the right opponent, regardless of Fury as an undercard, he should have saved Wwindsor for a title fight.. there is no one out there ready for a decent punch up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 10, 2018, 09:46:17 PM
Im a big fury fan but this was as big a joke as ive seen. Your man was tiny, but it was like he was told to quit at a certain point as he was hardly hurt.

Looks like he was guaranteed a certain amount of money for lasting 4 rounds so after the 4th he just had enough and withdrew. . . a complete and utter shambles from start to finish!

Maybe it's just me but before the Klitshcko fight my opinion was that Fury was a reasonable heavyweight but nothing spectacular. Awkward and hard to deal with but that's about it. Klitschko from what I saw underestimated Fury and he was able to counter punch his way to victory.

I think because he hasn't fought since then there's some kind of legend following him that he's actually one of the all time greats and would beat anybody around. Even if he hadn't had his 'sabbatical' he would struggle against lads like Joshua/Wilder.

Nothing I have seen since he's come back makes me think he would live with those two even with losing the extra stone or 2!

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on June 11, 2018, 12:35:52 PM

Looks like he was guaranteed a certain amount of money for lasting 4 rounds so after the 4th he just had enough and withdrew. . . a complete and utter shambles from start to finish!

Maybe it's just me but before the Klitshcko fight my opinion was that Fury was a reasonable heavyweight but nothing spectacular. Awkward and hard to deal with but that's about it. Klitschko from what I saw underestimated Fury and he was able to counter punch his way to victory.

I think because he hasn't fought since then there's some kind of legend following him that he's actually one of the all time greats and would beat anybody around. Even if he hadn't had his 'sabbatical' he would struggle against lads like Joshua/Wilder.

Nothing I have seen since he's come back makes me think he would live with those two even with losing the extra stone or 2!

You're being daft if you think a properly focused and fit Fury wouldn't make mince-meat of Wilder. The American is barely a boxer imho.

For the sake of heavyweight boxing I hope he gets back to that point before Joshua lamps Wilder himself and Fury is the only remaining top heavyweight. Then we'd have a very interesting fight.

Orchard park

Is the English pro boxing  game as tied into gangland criminality as the Irish professional scene

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

You're being daft if you think a properly focused and fit Fury wouldn't make mince-meat of Wilder. The American is barely a boxer imho.

For the sake of heavyweight boxing I hope he gets back to that point before Joshua lamps Wilder himself and Fury is the only remaining top heavyweight. Then we'd have a very interesting fight.

Just wondering is their any topic old syphilis is not an expert on.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on June 11, 2018, 01:08:38 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

Just wondering is their any topic old syphilis is not an expert on.

I've been posting on this thread of years, but well done for just noticing despite your obvious obsession.