Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: dillinger on December 25, 2009, 12:27:31 AM

Of course linfield have long been the darling of the IFA and the wee Glens have also been called into question on the suspicion of 'funny football' results as have several other teams, mix in the scandal in renting their premises out to known loyalist terrorists and you have a league that is sadly rotten to the core and a slanted governing body that excludes half the population base in the north based on their Religious persuasion.

I think you are deranged, keep taking the tablets. Happy Christmas anyway!

The IFA has games that are fixed, there is no doubt about that, there have been teams that have rented out their property to known loyalist killers, that again is beyond a shadow of a doubt. Ask the average nationalist soccer fan in the north if the feel welcome at NI games and they will tell you no, they don't.

Whilst I was messing about just before I went to Church and posted what i did I knew there was a ring of truth to it, i dont blame the IFA for games being fixed, that is out of their control however they are to blame for the fact that they only cater to 50% of the population in the north. I know they are trying to improve that situation but they helped create the situation in the first place.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Of much greater importance is the decision by the government to review the IFA's decision to sack their CEO, which resulted in him being awarded £400,000 by an Industrial Tribunal. The previous CEO walked out with £0.5m , so IFA cronies do very well when they get the boot.

This is a scandalous waste of public money and I hope also that the investigation extends to examine the imbalance in the religious make up of the IFA's staff, board and executive membership and its failure to engage with 45% of the six county population.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on December 25, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
Of much greater importance is the decision by the government to review the IFA's decision to sack their CEO, which resulted in him being awarded £400,000 by an Industrial Tribunal. The previous CEO walked out with £0.5m , so IFA cronies do very well when they get the boot.

This is a scandalous waste of public money and I hope also that the investigation extends to examine the imbalance in the religious make up of the IFA's staff, board and executive membership and its failure to engage with 45% of the six county population.

Funny you bring that up Tone, when i asked last year about just how many senior executives the IFA have had in their history the usual suspects on here came up with exactly none, considering that Prods make up 50% of the population I would have thought that they would have had that type of representation at the IFA,sadly no, they are 100% Protestant and always have been.
When you think about it, in recent times they have re-scheduled games to the detrement of Cliftonville when they ended up winning the league, that was to suit Linfield, Cliftonville have had to play their home games against Linfield at WP and they were very lenient when glens suporters clashed with Linfield supporters a few years ago.

AFS

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RMDrive

Belgium manager Advocaat rejects N. Ireland friendly
6 January 2010

Belgium manager Dick Advocaat (GSM) - Belgium manager Dick Advocaat has rejected the possibility of playing a friendly with Northern Ireland as the Dutchman supposedly wants tougher opposition.

The Belgian FA (KBVB) and Northern Ireland had been discussing a friendly while Advocaat was reportedly under the impression that it concerned Ireland Republic, rather than their northern neighbours.

"We spoke with Northern Ireland and there was the possibility to play a friendly," said KBVB Chairman Jean-Marie Philips.

"Our coach was then brought up to date, but communication went wrong. Advocaat thought we meant Ireland. When in an e-mail he read that it concerned Northern Ireland, he informed us that he preferred stronger opponents."

According to media reports, Belgium have already found a replacement and face Croatia in a March 3 encounter.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/January/07/belgium-manager-advocaat-rejects-n-ireland-friendly/

T Fearon

;D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And I thought Dick couldn't make me laugh anymore than when he paid £12m to Tore Andre Flo :D :D

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on January 08, 2010, 02:12:15 PM
;D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And I thought Dick couldn't make me laugh anymore than when he paid £12m to Tore Andre Flo :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D

mebbe if he had threw Iris at Dick there would have been a different outcome. ;)

Norf Tyrone

Strabane man Rory Patterson called into the Norn Iron squad.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

T Fearon

Does he kick with the right (or left) foot? He has one of those names thats hard to tell.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2010, 02:07:07 PM
Does he kick with the right (or left) foot? He has one of those names thats hard to tell.
From a republican family no less Tone, get the pen out right away.

Paul Mc Graths Da

Maybe you could google him, see if his eyes are too close together or you could get hold of an interview and see how he pronounces his 'H's.  Alternatively, you could spend the time taking a wee look at yourself......eejit!

Olaf

Relevance? ???

T Fearon

Relevance is that no nationalist should be playing for the North of Ireland >:(

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Olaf on February 22, 2010, 04:23:22 PM
Relevance? ???

Aha, thought a few of the OWC boys would be sniffing around thte board today after the news about Duffy.  ;D
Tbc....